The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

We're building a younger team.  Some may well improve over the next few years.  Let's give them a chance though eh? 
E.g

Mutch - 22
Williamson - 25
McCann - 21
Nesbitt - 24
McGuffie - 23
Keena - 21
Dowds - 24
Telfer - 25
Morrison - 21

You are clutching at straws !  I'll support them as always...but there is nothing there to suggest a team that will stroll the league. I just hope Sheerin is a miracle worker.

Is this the kind of squad Deans and Rawlins promised us, after the disappointment of making a total mess of it last season ? .......... in a word "naw"

5 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

The promo video was pretty well done, to be fair to them. Probably pulling at the national team heart strings today with Caledonia is helping.

Quite liked the video.  I know the guy that did it..... well done !

4 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Season tickets on sale, absolutely no mention of any refund or incentive for all the supporters who were ripped off last season. Disgraceful from the club.

Absolutely...... total shocker that they  did not refer to refunds.

To ask us to pay full price for a 3rd season, that may not allow the fans in to the full extent, dependent upon the Covid situation is just ripping us off once more. 

Not even a mention of free FFCTV if you cant get in.

Come on how many announcements of player signings do we ever squeeze in on a Sunday FFS? It could easily have been done later this week but it's obviously been done before the season tickets went on sale today anyone with half a brain.can see that whether he's been in isolation or not.  Seems a few on here are happy to go with the Rawlins and will then be expecting the navy blue boys to be the cavalry coming over the horizon if every goes pear shaped.  If I was them I'd be sticking two fingers up to the club if that happens.  I still don't see anything different from any previous year. Signings are of a similar may work out may not level. Let's face it the big one is going to.be getting s couple of quality strikers in to score the goals to take us up. Will the Rawlings invest to get them in or will it just be more of the same lower league quality we've had recently. The manager isn't anyone we couldn't have got before the Rawlings either. So what's the big deal and is this sweeping brush just another case of people getting treated like shit and packing it in or will we see top rate employees coming in to replace Totten and kk? Will be very difficult to replace Totten's contacts but they must have some one in mind to do that role. No mention of refunds is an absolute disgrace and just emphasises that they are taking the pish. I don't expect a Motherwell situation as they've brought in millions in player sales but to just avoid the issue is a joke.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Come on how many announcements of player signings do we ever squeeze in on a Sunday FFS? It could easily have been done later this week but it's obviously been done before the season tickets went on sale today anyone with half a brain.can see that whether he's been in isolation or not.  Seems a few on here are happy to go with the Rawlins and will then be expecting the navy blue boys to be the cavalry coming over the horizon if every goes pear shaped.  If I was them I'd be sticking two fingers up to the club if that happens.  I still don't see anything different from any previous year. Signings are of a similar may work out may not level. Let's face it the big one is going to.be getting s couple of quality strikers in to score the goals to take us up. Will the Rawlings invest to get them in or will it just be more of the same lower league quality we've had recently. The manager isn't anyone we couldn't have got before the Rawlings either. So what's the big deal and is this sweeping brush just another case of people getting treated like shit and packing it in or will we see top rate employees coming in to replace Totten and kk? Will be very difficult to replace Totten's contacts but they must have some one in mind to do that role. No mention of refunds is an absolute disgrace and just emphasises that they are taking the pish. I don't expect a Motherwell situation as they've brought in millions in player sales but to just avoid the issue is a joke.

Who do you reckon would have been a better than signing on paper than those in recent years? Which manager would have joined us in League 1 that would have caught your attention?

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Who do you reckon would have been a better than signing on paper than those in recent years? Which manager would have joined us in League 1 that would have caught your attention?

Phil Rawlins with his extensive contacts in UK could have at least put someone in the frame instead of 2nd choice Sheerin and players from the lower levels of the Championship and seaside leagues. 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I am questioning why we're where we are and its been down to years of mismanagement.  We've gone down a different route now and I'm relatively happy that a new broom is sweeping through the place even if it means it puts a few noses out of joint.  We need to try something different.  

Still a few signings to come in so maybe the Rawlins don't feel they need to invest more at the moment.  maybe that'll change when if all goes to plan we go up this season - who knows. 

And as for the £600k, Its been covered to death.  Yes everyone agrees that an extra £600k in the coffers could be useful but most can also understand why the Rawlins wouldn't want to give away their decision making authority at this point in time.  

They don’t have any authority to be calling the shots - or did you miss that? 

16 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Kind of weird day to announce it with today being a massive day for Scottish football, will go under the radar - unless that's what they were going for.

100% this 

40 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

To ask us to pay full price for a 3rd season, that may not allow the fans in to the full extent, dependent upon the Covid situation is just ripping us off once more. 

What's the expectation of refund for? Apologies if I missed something obvious.

40 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

What's the expectation of refund for? Apologies if I missed something obvious.

5 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Phil Rawlins with his extensive contacts in UK could have at least put someone in the frame instead of 2nd choice Sheerin and players from the lower levels of the Championship and seaside leagues. 

I just don't believe that signing a right back from Hull/Doncaster/Bradford's reserves would have caused any optimism on here. Same goes for a random assistant manager from England or an ex-Scunthorpe coach.

We've signed young players that fans of their former teams seem to like, so it does show a difference to the Sammon/Alston/etc. signings. Is it better? No idea, but I'll always give young players a chance. If anything our average age and a potential development side causes a bit of excitement for me, what a throwback.

45 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Has any other club in the country announced plans for refunds yet? The Motherwell deal aside. 

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I just don't believe that signing a right back from Hull/Doncaster/Bradford's reserves would have caused any optimism on here. Same goes for a random assistant manager from England or an ex-Scunthorpe coach.

We've signed young players that fans of their former teams seem to like, so it does show a difference to the Sammon/Alston/etc. signings. Is it better? No idea, but I'll always give young players a chance. If anything our average age and a potential development side causes a bit of excitement for me, what a throwback.

The point is, that apart from McCann, opposition fans haven’t been too bothered about the players leaving that we signed. This seasons signings are just “meh” .  Absolutely nothing to get the fans rocking up to buy seasons.

18 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Has any other club in the country announced plans for refunds yet? The Motherwell deal aside. 

It doesn’t matter what other clubs are doing. I have a copy of the Trading Standards letter. It’s clear and unambiguous. The club are breaking the law by not offering refunds. If this goes to court it could cost us big time....cash we can Ill  afford to lose, again. 

We seem to be making a habit of this.

Edited by Zbairn
Spelling

Guest Peter LaFleur
20 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

It doesn’t matter what other clubs are doing. I have a copy of the Trading Standards letter. It’s clear and unambiguous. The club are breaking the law by not offering refunds. If this goes to court it could cost us big time....cash we can I’ll afford to lose, again. 

We seem to be making a habit of this.

Come on man, take a day off. Get a pint poured and get ready for the Scotland game.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

13 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

The point is, that apart from McCann, opposition fans haven’t been too bothered about the players leaving that we signed. This seasons signings are just “meh” .  Absolutely nothing to get the fans rocking up to buy seasons.

And my point is that there isn't a player in world football that would both get my knickers wet and want to play for Falkirk in this upcoming season. We have to sign some type of jobber whether Engish or Scottish, but a 21 year old on a 3 year deal thats proven in our league is about as good as it's going to get.

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Season tickets on sale, absolutely no mention of any refund or incentive for all the supporters who were ripped off last season. Disgraceful from the club.

I think you’re a bit over the top referring to fans being ‘ripped off’.

What could the club do?

They lost the revenues from the lost games.

i think they’re legally obliged to offer refunds but why not just forget it?