The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think you would be right with the 1000 figure if fans had been able to attend as normal last year.

But I think people will be keen to get back to the stadium after 18 months, particularly if we can make a few more good signings on par with McCann.

I’d expect circa 2000 STs.

McCann excite the fans so they buy season tickets? Are you having a laugh? You must be easily pleased. He is maybe a reasonable 3rd Div player, maybe capable  of playing at a higher level.....but no way will he or those that have been signed stick another 1000 bums on seats. If the club can sell into 4 figures they will be doing well. 

40 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

McCann excite the fans so they buy season tickets? Are you having a laugh? You must be easily pleased. He is maybe a reasonable 3rd Div player, maybe capable  of playing at a higher level.....but no way will he or those that have been signed stick another 1000 bums on seats. If the club can sell into 4 figures they will be doing well. 

Granted there's a lot of disgruntled fans after how we performed last season and how we've been run for the last decade but we'll still sell into the 4 figures of season tickets. Mccann was in the team of the season for a reason and at only 21 he's an excellent prospect. First of many promising signings hopefully. 

Rawlins has essentially chose to go it alone after the breakdown between the prospective fans group so he'll need to be a lot more involved this summer and we'll see what that brings. A new head coach in Sheerin who actually has proper experience in management and in coaching as oppose to selling cars and coaching Motherwell under 13's. A lot of wrongs to right and obviously a lot that can't be forgotten but we just need to focus on getting it right on the park this season.

I just want to enjoy watching us play again. 

Edited by FFC 1876

Complete pish that the McCann announcement has been timed to try and boost season tickets.  He's been in self isolation and this is the first opportunity we've had.  He's a good signing but hardly a Marquee big name wheeled out to sell shirts. 😂

A lot of folk on here are going to be very unhappy it seems if we stroll to the title this year.... "but...but... what about the way Mrs Rawlins spoke to someone who knows someone I know, or the way the b*stards announced poor Mark Durnan was leaving"  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

I fully appreciate that the board and management have made a large amount of mistakes over the last few season but all I want to see is a decent hardworking and attacking Falkirk team on the park whilst I shout myself hoarse and eat a pie. The club politics are merely a side shoe for me the main event is going to the stadium and leaving with a smile

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The club politics are merely a side shoe for me the main event is going to the stadium and leaving with a smile

When was the last time we left the stadium buzzin wi a smile on our Faces…Dundee United?

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Complete pish that the McCann announcement has been timed to try and boost season tickets.  He's been in self isolation and this is the first opportunity we've had.  He's a good signing but hardly a Marquee big name wheeled out to sell shirts. 😂

A lot of folk on here are going to be very unhappy it seems if we stroll to the title this year.... "but...but... what about the way Mrs Rawlins spoke to someone who knows someone I know, or the way the b*stards announced poor Mark Durnan was leaving"  

Wow. Another one. Try speaking to Mrs Rawlins, then report back on your findings. 

8 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Simple. The club have been taking the fans for mugs over the last few seasons. Absolutely nothing in return for being loyal supporters and taking us for granted. 2 seasons ago, they asked us to forego refunds. We did that in spades. Last season they asked for us to pay the full price again (with a part going to charity, the amount of which was not transparent). Then we only get 10 and a half games on FFCTV and still no indication about our legal right to a refund. It’s a culture of “give us yer cash”...and once we have it ...we don’t even get a thanks!

The club could have done so much last season, an online programme, a free scarf, anything that our wonderful PR or Marketing  gurus could think up as a wee token....but naw!

But...but...it's Our Time, it's Your Club and we are The Falkirk Family  

10 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

But....but......there is absolutely no indication with our signings that we will stroll the league next seasons. Perhaps with the exception of McCann, all are average “jobbing” footballers plying their trade in the lower levels. As it stands we are a mid table team in the seaside league.

If you are not questioning why we are there or why The Rawlins are not investing more cash to get the marquee signings we need (whilst rejecting £600k) then something is amiss.

Lets just hope Sheerin can perform miracles with a squad built on a shoestring budget.

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Wow. Another one. Try speaking to Mrs Rawlins, then report back on your findings. 

I don't need to and neither should you.  If she rips up the way things have been done over the last 10 years and we're successful on the park then happy days.  

If we're not then I'll be joining the cries to hound them out.  Until then I'm prepared to see how we get on doing things a different way.  

3 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

But....but......there is absolutely no indication with our signings that we will stroll the league next seasons. Perhaps with the exception of McCann, all are average “jobbing” footballers plying their trade in the lower levels. As it stands we are a mid table team in the seaside league.

If you are not questioning why we are there or why The Rawlins are not investing more cash to get the marquee signings we need (whilst rejecting £600k) then something is amiss.

Lets just hope Sheerin can perform miracles with a squad built on a shoestring budget.

I am questioning why we're where we are and its been down to years of mismanagement.  We've gone down a different route now and I'm relatively happy that a new broom is sweeping through the place even if it means it puts a few noses out of joint.  We need to try something different.  

Still a few signings to come in so maybe the Rawlins don't feel they need to invest more at the moment.  maybe that'll change when if all goes to plan we go up this season - who knows. 

And as for the £600k, Its been covered to death.  Yes everyone agrees that an extra £600k in the coffers could be useful but most can also understand why the Rawlins wouldn't want to give away their decision making authority at this point in time.  

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I am questioning why we're where we are and its been down to years of mismanagement.  We've gone down a different route now and I'm relatively happy that a new broom is sweeping through the place even if it means it puts a few noses out of joint.  We need to try something different.  

Still a few signings to come in so maybe the Rawlins don't feel they need to invest more at the moment.  maybe that'll change when if all goes to plan we go up this season - who knows. 

And as for the £600k, Its been covered to death.  Yes everyone agrees that an extra £600k in the coffers could be useful but most can also understand why the Rawlins wouldn't want to give away their decision making authority at this point in time.  

Folk said exactly the same when the Deans and Fulston took over the club.

Give me one good reason that this will be any different. The club is now Mrs Rawlins (Part2) plaything. She is making decisions without any prior knowledge of football or the game over here. Plus alienating fans as in the CI lads or a good chunk of potentrial investment is never a good thing.  Let's just hope Mr Rawlins won't let her do anything stupid to our club. 

I also heard that they were a "no show" at last Mondays Board meeting. If they dont turn up again tonight something is going on.

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

P.s this constant chat about 'jobbers' is disrespectful to players who haven't even played 90mins for us yet.   On paper some might not be amazing but let's give them a chance.  

I would agree if they are very young lads just starting off in their footballing career, like Robertson was at QP.... but if they aren't "jobbers", they wouldnt be plying their trade in Division 3 for a few hundred quid a week. Get realistic ! 

Edited by Zbairn
spelling

14 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I would agree if they are very young lads just starting off in their footballing career, like Robertsaon was at QP.... but if they aren't "jobbers", they wouldnt be plying their trade in Division 3 for a few hundred quid a week. Get realistic ! 

We're building a younger team.  Some may well improve over the next few years.  Let's give them a chance though eh? 
E.g

Mutch - 22
Williamson - 25
Hall - 24
McCann - 21
Nesbitt - 24
McGuffie - 23
Keena - 21
Dowds - 24
Telfer - 25
Morrison - 21