The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How does it matter about the kit? You'd just say the club would like to thank central demolition for their long sponsorship of the club.  

Apologies for the confusion of my post.... I copied and pasted someone elses comments with my reply :)  I only added the bottom bit !

Edited by Zbairn
edit

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Give credit where it’s due, great bit of business by the club, and as mentioned two attacking FBs should set our intent. 

TBF you give credit where it isn’t due regularly 

39 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Great signing, quoted here that he would rather play in a higher league than be paid more in the 1st division, seems to have the best outlook to push himself on.

Now just a new striker, goalkeeper and board please.

Think we need two strikers, a keeper, and I'm not convinced the midfield is quite there yet. I'd also like another defender or two.  

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

TBF you give credit where it isn’t due regularly 

Just waiting for Pedro to post the latest Board edict !  I would wager he will be supportng the club increasing the season ticket prices as a necessary evil.

Edited by Zbairn
spelling mistake

Good signing will probably mean ST sales will be on sale soon. 
The reality though is we should not be in a position having to “bribe” fans to buy. We should be delighted to be buying no matter what. 

On the season ticket issue (although it seems to have went under the radar a bit) the season we were relegated we had just over 2800 season tickets sold, that number last season was just under 2000 (likely to loose another 500 or so this comming season) despite a 20% reduction in price during the same period numbers have continued to drop. One of the few things we have been able to take some form of pride in recently has been our continued healthy fan base which in turn has let us remain as a full time club despite playing in the third tier, however I fear next season we may be no better supported than an Airdrie type club which is worrying, when supporters drift away it’s hard to get them back. The club should actively be pursuing former season ticket holders for feed back as to why they haven’t renewed in the aim of bringing them back as paying customers.  If we end up playing to a fan base of circa 1000 with the revenue streams that entails getting back to the premier league becomes near impossible, funding full time football even comes into doubt. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Great signing, quoted here that he would rather play in a higher league than be paid more in the 1st division, seems to have the best outlook to push himself on.

Now just a new striker, goalkeeper and board please.

Does beg the question of if the three year contract has any sort or release clause based upon lack of promotion over the next year or two.

26 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

On the season ticket issue (although it seems to have went under the radar a bit) the season we were relegated we had just over 2800 season tickets sold, that number last season was just under 2000 (likely to loose another 500 or so this comming season) despite a 20% reduction in price during the same period numbers have continued to drop. One of the few things we have been able to take some form of pride in recently has been our continued healthy fan base which in turn has let us remain as a full time club despite playing in the third tier, however I fear next season we may be no better supported than an Airdrie type club which is worrying, when supporters drift away it’s hard to get them back. The club should actively be pursuing former season ticket holders for feed back as to why they haven’t renewed in the aim of bringing them back as paying customers.  If we end up playing to a fan base of circa 1000 with the revenue streams that entails getting back to the premier league becomes near impossible, funding full time football even comes into doubt. 

Simple. The club have been taking the fans for mugs over the last few seasons. Absolutely nothing in return for being loyal supporters and taking us for granted. 2 seasons ago, they asked us to forego refunds. We did that in spades. Last season they asked for us to pay the full price again (with a part going to charity, the amount of which was not transparent). Then we only get 10 and a half games on FFCTV and still no indication about our legal right to a refund. It’s a culture of “give us yer cash”...and once we have it ...we don’t even get a thanks!

The club could have done so much last season, an online programme, a free scarf, anything that our wonderful PR or Marketing  gurus could think up as a wee token....but naw!

4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Definitely need 1 or 2 strikers then I think we’re looking fairly decent and in a much better position than last season. I think we’ll need someone proven though so if we’re going for Paton I think we need someone to come in with him. 

Also I really don’t want to see us play 4-2-3-1 in league 1. I don’t think it really works when you are trying to break down teams that will sit in. 

It works if you have the right players and they know their role's. Going off the signings we've made so far it looks to be a 4-2-3-1 we're going with unless Sheerin fancies Telfer and Hetherington as his midfield pairing. Most teams in this league will try bog down the midfield so if we don't play with three in the middle of the park we'll struggle to control games.

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Simple. The club have been taking the fans for mugs over the last few seasons. Absolutely nothing in return for being loyal supporters and taking us for granted. 2 seasons ago, they asked us to forego refunds. We did that in spades. Last season they asked for us to pay the full price again (with a part going to charity, the amount of which was not transparent). Then we only get 10 and a half games on FFCTV and still no indication about our legal right to a refund. It’s a culture of “give us yer cash”...and once we have it ...we don’t even get a thanks!

The club could have done so much last season, an online programme, a free scarf, anything that our wonderful PR or Marketing  gurus could think up as a wee token....but naw!

Aye, but what do you think of the McCann signing?

What is the ST refund stance across the SPFL? I know Motherwell are giving one free to last years holders but can’t say I’ve noticed any other club doing this? 

I expect the club May/will offer a partial refund to those that want one in the ST bumph out in the post this week. Although that’s just a guess. But if we are legally obliged to (sure I read that earlier in the thread?) then it will be. Again, can’t say I’ve noticed any other teams advertising that though bar maybe Partick Thistle? 

I personally can’t see any more than 1000 ST sales this season but if the team are winning & crowds are allowed back, even up to 2,000-2,500, then I’m sure that’s what will be through the gate. Even if with no away fans as rumoured. But will depend on the teams form for me. 

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

What is the ST refund stance across the SPFL? I know Motherwell are giving one free to last years holders but can’t say I’ve noticed any other club doing this? 

I expect the club May/will offer a partial refund to those that want one in the ST bumph out in the post this week. Although that’s just a guess. But if we are legally obliged to (sure I read that earlier in the thread?) then it will be. Again, can’t say I’ve noticed any other teams advertising that though bar maybe Partick Thistle? 

I personally can’t see any more than 1000 ST sales this season but if the team are winning & crowds are allowed back, even up to 2,000-2,500, then I’m sure that’s what will be through the gate. Even if with no away fans as rumoured. But will depend on the teams form for me. 

The club are bit iffy in legal issues. The 50/50 draw was particularly potentially illegal with PayPal regulations and transparency issues with draw. So, why start now?

5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think you would be right with the 1000 figure if fans had been able to attend as normal last year.

But I think people will be keen to get back to the stadium after 18 months, particularly if we can make a few more good signings on par with McCann.

I’d expect circa 2000 STs.

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think they’re legally obliged to offer refunds.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I can feel the preseason excitement starting to build up.

A few more decent signings and I think we could be well placed.

Seems there are  problems behind the scenes but hopefully they can be sorted quite soon.

I know this is platitudinous but as someone who isn’t in the know, not much else I can say.

Rightly or wrongly, I’ll be getting my ST’s as soon as they’re out.

Im hoping for some type of flexible ticket which will allow me to attend in the summer/autumn but be able to watch on iPad during the winter.

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Seems there are  problems behind the scenes but hopefully they can be sorted quite soon.

I know this is platitudinous but as someone who isn’t in the know, not much else I can say.

Im hoping for some type of flexible ticket which will allow me to attend in the summer/autumn but be able to watch on iPad during the winter.

You’re not a real fan if you won’t attend all year round 

Edited by Rocco

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Typical woke leftie, doesn’t like the winter cold so watches it on his iPad probably paid for by his parents. Wouldn’t have happened in my day.