The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The financial black hole facing the club means there will be no transfer fees being paid for anyone.

We'd have had to pay Airdrie for Mccann and if rumours are to believed we'll be paying for Ruari Paton also.

Why Stone Cold's heel turn at WrestleMania 17 didn't work

Great signing for yourselves. He's got a brilliant engine for getting up and down the park, great ball carrier and outlet for shifting the ball wide and he's an intelligent defender too who actually isn't bad in the air for his height. His final ball can be a bit suspect but he's a good enough player that I think that will come with time and coaching. He's also just a very likeable player. He's been our young player of the year the last two seasons now. 

Obviously it's a shame he's went to another team in this division but you can't really argue with a three year deal and (most likely) a higher wage. Will just be awkward for him when we beat you every time we play you (again) and beat you to the title ;) 

3 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Obviously it's a shame he's went to another team in this division but you can't really argue with a three year deal and (most likely) a higher wage. Will just be awkward for him when we beat you every time we play you (again) and beat you to the title ;) 

McCann might look like Highland League standard by the third game given our recent record.

Exciting though, hope these three year deals suggest some stability for us.

20 hours ago, ilostmyself said:
21 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:
Well it does matter if it makes the club look an embarrassment. Scraping a one nil win against Dumbarton while a couple of folk are messing about in a hot tub wasn’t great. 

It’s the same principle if we accepted large sponsorship from a sponsor with questionable ethics. Sometimes just because you can make a couple of extra grand doesn’t mean you should. Also there are other avenues to make money than just selling every bit of available space. The retail offerings have never been great for instance. 

That’s not having a go at Kieran but surely there has to be some regulations drawn from the top about redressing the balance between commercial income, aesthetics and fan perception.  

Those steps have all been permanently sold for £50 too. It’s not a lot in the grand scheme of things and who will upkeep them? How will it look if they all start getting damaged and dirty when fans are back in. 

You and ZzzBairn are fair sapping the already limited fun out of a football forum. Not everything is a complete catastrophe.

Unfortunately the fact is that 95% or more fans just want nothing to do with the Governance of the club and only interestsed in what is happeing on the playing side.  The other 5% like CP and myself have lived though the Deans and Fulstons era, been active in Back the Bairns, bought shares in the club when it was cash strapped and don't want to go back there.

As it stands we have American based owners who apparently have been posted missing for the last 12 days. The guys who were the major sources of income and sponsorship coming into the club have left (rumour from reliable sources this is due to Deans and Rawlins), still no sign of cash coming in  from season tickets, very little cash coming in from our league position (a disaster the making of this and previous BoD's). 

You might not be interested or worried...... but if it seriously affects the existence of the club I have supported for more than 50 years then you better believe that I'll keep posting on here against the current regime. 

It would be absolutely brilliant to just be posting on our team and players, tactics, matches etc..... but there is more to a professional football club than just the 11 players on the park. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You would think they would've done something for central dem after they have backed the club for so long. A simple thank you etc would have been nice to see and would surely have perhaps encouraged them to come back at some point in the future if finances allowed. Nothing after so many years is pretty poor if you ask me.

To be fair it would be a bit mental to do something like that publicly when the new kit isn't released yet. 

Not convinced it was all to do with cash why Central Demolition left. Think there may have been some friction between them and the BoD's when Totts left

Definitely need 1 or 2 strikers then I think we’re looking fairly decent and in a much better position than last season. I think we’ll need someone proven though so if we’re going for Paton I think we need someone to come in with him. 

Also I really don’t want to see us play 4-2-3-1 in league 1. I don’t think it really works when you are trying to break down teams that will sit in. 

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

That's just about every rumoured signing coming through.

Who is it that's leaking at the club then?

To be fair I think it was an Airdrie fan that mentioned it first on this thread that he was signing

Really pleased with this signing, and far rather a three year deal for a player with plenty of room for development and age on his side. At last, some genuine attacking threat from the full-back areas, long, long overdue. Credit to the club for getting this over the line (there, I said it😎)

Edited by AGPar

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

To be fair it would be a bit mental to do something like that publicly when the new kit isn't released yet. 

Not convinced it was all to do with cash why Central Demolition left. Think there may have been some friction between them and the BoD's when Totts left

I think at the time the agreement was needed for final puma sign off (Nov/Dec) Central Dem would likely not have wanted to commit to sponsoring. Looks like Horizon were the same considering we are having to add their logos now the shirts have got through the Suez Canal. Would assume for both companies at that point (late 2020) were financial/pandemic reasons. 

Since then though, sponsors being lost could well be due to relationships being strained although Totten was still on furlough until April so not convinced it would have been a deal breaker for Central Dem. It sounds like they were bailing either way and who could blame them with our on field & off field issues. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

How does it matter about the kit? You'd just say the club would like to thank central demolition for their long sponsorship of the club.  

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We'd have had to pay Airdrie for Mccann and if rumours are to believed we'll be paying for Ruari Paton also.

Ignore the rumours.