The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

As for Gary Deans, he for me is just a puppet as were all the previous chairpersons to take the flack from poor decisions which they have fuk all to do with

Yes and no. He is now Rawlins puppet, but is pretty culpable for many of the recent poor decisions at the club. 

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely that culture remains. He was an appointment of Colin Liddell (in Scotland, that is pronounced the same way as the German supermarket chain Lidl).

That was his parting gift…..another puffed up self important accountant pretending to be a Falkirk fan despite never having set foot in TFS in its first 14 years of existence.

Dont mind anyone not being a fan. KK was an out and out Celtic fan doing a job of work. However, the minute someone fakes that he is a fan (in the real world, that’s known as lying), then from the get go, trust and honesty is in short supply.

I did think it was amusing the PR spiel about him leaving said they hoped him and his family would be at the games as fans. 

Well unless we draw Celtic in a cup tie I doubt it. Honestly who do these clowns take us for.

I am a nurse who unfortunately has to work a lot of weekends. I have been going to games when I can since 1962. I have bought a season ticket for many years but last year I didn't due to COVID did also getting fed up with the lack of spirit shown in the navy blue. I remember bad times when we were in the second division and the Shire were big rivals but even then you got the feeling that the team tried to give us a decent product. Last season put me right off particularly the end when basically the team could not give a damn about the team I love.
Does not buying a season ticket which may allow me the pleasure ( sic ) of watching two teams run around an empty stadium make me not a real fan?
If that's the case I have been a phoney for 59 years and did not know it!

What your views on fans who don't work Monday to Friday?, so buying a season ticket not feasible, but pay at gate, if off work or go to midweek games, put holidays in for big games etc, we just casual fans aswell ?

6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Italy themselves are classy as f**k. What a fitba team.

They did look excellent. Reminded me a bit of Leeds under Bielsa with the energy they showed and the constant press high up the pitch even in injury time. They could be in with a shout.

20 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They did look excellent. Reminded me a bit of Leeds under Bielsa with the energy they showed and the constant press high up the pitch even in injury time. They could be in with a shout.

My Nonna was Italian so I always follow the Azzurri when Scotland are out so great to see them playing so well.

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

FWIW there was another post on our Facebook group today insisting Leon McCann is off to Falkirk (although people always talk shite on these things so who knows how much truth there is to it). I know he's been on holiday in Portugal and will of course have had to self-isolate as a result so that's possibly delayed things whatever he is doing. 

If true he's a decent addition.  

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Think your FB friends may have got this correct 

Tremendous signing if true. Great potential at only 21 yet still has plenty of experience in league 1. First signing I’d be really impressed with. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

I did think it was amusing the PR spiel about him leaving said they hoped him and his family would be at the games as fans. 
Well unless we draw Celtic in a cup tie I doubt it. Honestly who do these clowns take us for.
Can't mention who he supports, I had Lewis(off FTV) on that COYB page pull me up for that, [emoji849][emoji849]

I am a nurse who unfortunately has to work a lot of weekends. I have been going to games when I can since 1962. I have bought a season ticket for many years but last year I didn't due to COVID did also getting fed up with the lack of spirit shown in the navy blue. I remember bad times when we were in the second division and the Shire were big rivals but even then you got the feeling that the team tried to give us a decent product. Last season put me right off particularly the end when basically the team could not give a damn about the team I love.
Does not buying a season ticket which may allow me the pleasure ( sic ) of watching two teams run around an empty stadium make me not a real fan?
If that's the case I have been a phoney for 59 years and did not know it!
Dunno why I'm quoted in this, im a chef, I know all about working weekends, obvs not as a important job as yours,, I was replying to l the BPM post

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Yes and no. He is now Rawlins puppet, but is pretty culpable for many of the recent poor decisions at the club. 

To be fair the guy is a fan and a volunteer , he is trying his best ( within a very limited ability) and is on a hiding to nothing .In my opinion he is just a slightly more capable secretary than his predecessors. I expect Phil & Chesty will run rings round him and leave him to take the flak if it all goes tits up ( pardon the pun ) Rather sad really but whatever possessed him to enter that world with out the cash to buy shares or the experience to succeed only he knows. 

7 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Tremendous signing if true. Great potential at only 21 yet still has plenty of experience in league 1. First signing I’d be really impressed with. 

The only decent signing IMO. Interestingly probably the first Sheerin will have had much input into if it comes off 

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

The only decent signing IMO. Interestingly probably the first Sheerin will have had much input into if it comes off 

I like both Williamson and Hetherington as well to be fair. Williamson’s won this league twice and great going forward. The rest I would agree have been very much ‘meh’.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

7 hours ago, steveffc said:

Can't mention who he supports, I had Lewis(off FTV) on that COYB page pull me up for that, emoji849.pngemoji849.png

I couldn't give a f**k who he supports. He's a Celtic fan that did an excellent job for us.

My issue is just with the Waltons pish on the PR statement.  Why would a Celtic fan pay to go to TFS because he used to work there?

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021