The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Here is the Scottish Rockets performing one of their most famous dance routines !!

246B9DBC-74B4-4CD9-A8EF-62E00B954C0F.webp 301.08 kB · 14 downloads

Don’t worry Chesty Morgan is coming over for the first game of the new season. Expect lots of pre match entertainment US style . 
A Colorado style  cook out in the car park , Cheerlleaders & complimentary bog rd popcorn on your seat! 

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

When is this Q&A with Mr Deans, be great to hear what is going on at the club. 

You wont get that until we are 9 points clear again. If it is all going pear shaped, Mr Invisible won't hold it.

Kk was excellent to start with but in recent times seems to have lost his way a bit. These kind of jobs  to me should be changed regularly or people tend to run out of ideas.  I'd heard he'd been offered a job elsewhere at a top flight club but they couldn't match his wages at us incredibly enough.

Just had an interesting text from a friend of mine :-

"I have written to Chairman indicating after 50 years will not be renewing my season ticket and the rest I do. His reply stick with us we are pulling together to get this right, my arse it is."

I'm not condoning his stance, but Interesting to see what other fans are thinking. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Kk was excellent to start with but in recent times seems to have lost his way a bit. These kind of jobs  to me should be changed regularly or people tend to run out of ideas.  I'd heard he'd been offered a job elsewhere at a top flight club but they couldn't match his wages at us incredibly enough.

Rumour was it was Hibs a couple of seasons ago... but the club offered him a Directorship to stay.

So, as things stand:

We have a Sporting Director who doesn’t seem to cut the mustard

An untried head coach

A squad of only 14 signed players (jobbers)

Promised additional investment for the club from Rawlins (£200k?) not been delivered

£600k of additional investment declined

A Club Ambassador has left the club

A successful Commercial Director has resigned

Promised transparency of club affairs not happening. . . . . . . . .

#ItsBeingSoCheerfulThatKeepsMeGoing

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think it was Hibs someone had mentioned

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, as things stand:

We have a Sporting Director who doesn’t seem to cut the mustard

An untried head coach

A squad of only 14 signed players (jobbers)

Promised additional investment for the club from Rawlins (£200k?) not been delivered

£600k of additional investment declined

A Club Ambassador has left the club

A successful Commercial Director has resigned

Promised transparency of club affairs not happening. . . . . . . . .

#ItsBeingSoCheerfulThatKeepsMeGoing

Club Ambassador basically being told he was no longer required.

Guest Caractacus Potts

When will the rigorous interview process for a new commercial manager start? Presume that will now take up all of their time. 

There’s something seriously wrong with our club. Looking in to Gary Deans more. Been on Twitter since early 2015 and only seems to have tweeted about Falkirk 5/6 times before becoming chairman based on 3 things and that was for the Cup final in 2015, the playoff final the year later and Peter Houston winning manager of the year. Only Falkirk affiliated page he follows is the Back the Bairns page. How big a Falkirk fan is he? Not that it should matter entirely but he seems to make a big thing about that. 

I thought he was good news at first but from all I’m hearing I’m convinced he’s no better than those before him and the same old boardroom culture remains.  

10 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Just had an interesting text from a friend of mine :-

"I have written to Chairman indicating after 50 years will not be renewing my season ticket and the rest I do. His reply stick with us we are pulling together to get this right, my arse it is."

I'm not condoning his stance, but Interesting to see what other fans are thinking. 

I think your friend is being very premature.

After 50 years during which he has seen some great times and some bad times, why would he give up now?

Obviously, not a real fan but still very sad.

7 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

When will the rigorous interview process for a new commercial manager start? Presume that will now take up all of their time. 

There’s something seriously wrong with our club. Looking in to Gary Deans more. Been on Twitter since early 2015 and only seems to have tweeted about Falkirk 5/6 times before becoming chairman based on 3 things and that was for the Cup final in 2015, the playoff final the year later and Peter Houston winning manager of the year. Only Falkirk affiliated page he follows is the Back the Bairns page. How big a Falkirk fan is he? Not that it should matter entirely but he seems to make a big thing about that. 

I thought he was good news at first but from all I’m hearing I’m convinced he’s no better than those before him and the same old boardroom culture remains.  

I think it is now vitally important that the fans forum is held as soon as possible.

Too many people working themselves up into a strop without really knowing what’s going on.

GD needs to start communicating to the fans and start answering questions.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think your friend is being very premature.

After 50 years during which he has seen some great times and some bad times, why would he give up now?

Obviously, not a real fan but still very sad.

So somebody who has followed the club for 50 years is not a real fan? What a stupid comment to make.

There is an idiom, "the straw that broke the camel's back". - heard of it?

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So somebody who has followed the club for 50 years is not a real fan? What a stupid comment to make.

Some think you should just happily roll up and accept any old shit the board serves us and do nothing about it. To me they are not the real fans as they obviously don't hurt enough to care about the way our club is being run.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Some think you should just happily roll up and accept any old shit the board serves us and do nothing about it. To me they are not the real fans as they obviously don't hurt enough to care about the way our club is being run.

The reason you are saying all this stuff is because we, the fans (fanatics) don’t know what’s going on.

So far the new signings seem okay and most of the dross has been binned.

Sheerin must be given a fair chance and I’m sure there will be lots of more signings to come.

As I said earlier the lack of info from GD is causing panic. He needs to communicate now!!.

Guest Caractacus Potts
35 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think it is now vitally important that the fans forum is held as soon as possible.

Too many people working themselves up into a strop without really knowing what’s going on.

GD needs to start communicating to the fans and start answering questions.

From the 6th of May in the Chairman’s open letter to fans.

Question 1- why did you delay the Q and A?

2- Why did Totten leave?

3- Why did Kieran leave?

4- Why did you knock back £500k investment?

5- Why did the Crunchie guys condemn the board’s behaviour?

6- Why did you approach Hamilton if Sheerin was your target and why the delay in him signing with Aberdeen announcing first?

7- When will season ticket holders be offered a refund?

8- When will season tickets be released?

9- When will the new strip be released?

10- Where is CC52 FFC?

F1B28338-B036-400A-9896-CDA349D07843.png

Edited by Caractacus Potts

He’s not alone there are lots of older supporters who feel exactly the same way. The Club is staring into the abyss. Um eh has done nothing to encourage anyone to buy a ST.