The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I hear Stranraer are looking for a five figure development fee for Ruari Paton. 

I heard we had agreed to pay it 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Just now, badgerthewitness said:

Anyone else think we could've bagged these players,  or some of a similar standard, without paying Holt a wage?

100% 

If cash is tight why we are spunking money on this guy is beyond me. FFS we have signed players M&M identified !!

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Anyone else think we could've bagged these players,  or some of a similar standard, without paying Holt a wage?

Absolutely. Any lower league manager could've identified these players.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Bit early to stick the boot in on Holt yet. After our recruitment the last few seasons we were crying out for someone to come in and take the reigns. We'll see what difference that brings soon enough.

No it isn’t. 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No it isn’t. 

I get that you don't like him and I also don't think he's qualified to do the role we've employed him for but he's in there now and that's not going to change so we may as well give him the chance to show why he deserves his wage just like any new player or manager that comes in. 

I don't really know what kind of signings other than the ones we've made so far we're expected to make in our position. We're not going to house players from down south anymore and the wages we'll be offering along with playing in the third division of scottish football isn't exactly going to entice many to come north of the border anyway.

Edited by FFC 1876

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I get that you don't like him and I also don't think he's qualified to do the role we've employed him for but he's in there now and that's not going to change so we may as well give him the chance to show why he deserves his wage just like any new player or manager that comes in. 

I don't really know what kind of signings other than the ones we've made so far we're expected to make in our position. We're not going to house players from down south anymore and the wages we'll be offering along with playing in the third division of scottish football isn't exactly going to entice many to come north of the border anyway.

He is a complete waste of money 

McGuffie is a poor signing.  He'll be about as effective as Josh Todd.   If we have another 5-6 coming in then at least 3-4 need to be improvements on the standard we've brought in so far.  As others have said, 2 year deals for guys who are very unlikely to cut it in the championship is also bizarre.

Surely at the very least Sheerin will have some under 20s identified and be trying to bring them in on loan.  

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

30-35k a year is decent money for a young guy in Scotland. We could get players from down South if they are well scouted and would benefit us.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

30-35k a year is decent money for a young guy in Scotland. We could get players from down South if they are well scouted and would benefit us.

Do you think the National league in England don't pay any better than us? I don't doubt there's talent down there to be fished at but where we are as a club right now isn't exactly a major pull to uproot your life and move north.  We'd have to get said players up for a trial as well to avoid signing a barrel of duds ala Hartley. That being said Akeel Francis was on trial twice and we still signed him.

From the Daily Ranger.

McManus bid accepted

Dunfermline Athletic have accepted a £50,000 bid for Declan McManus from The New Saints.

The ambitious Welsh side want the 26-year-old to spearhead their Europa League Conference assault.

TNS have tabled a club-record bid that the Pars have accepted.

The 26-year-old is now due to travel south for talks and to finalise his move.

TNS have new financial backing and they are looking to topple Connah Quay’s Nomads from the top spot.

The former Aberdeen and Ross County frontman has been impressed by TNS’s ambitious bid and plans.

11:47

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

From the Daily Ranger.

McManus bid accepted

Dunfermline Athletic have accepted a £50,000 bid for Declan McManus from The New Saints.

The ambitious Welsh side want the 26-year-old to spearhead their Europa League Conference assault.

TNS have tabled a club-record bid that the Pars have accepted.

The 26-year-old is now due to travel south for talks and to finalise his move.

TNS have new financial backing and they are looking to topple Connah Quay’s Nomads from the top spot.

The former Aberdeen and Ross County frontman has been impressed by TNS’s ambitious bid and plans.

11:47

Old players returning normally haunts us. Didn't want him anyway...