The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Barry Ferguson a massive draw?

Only if you are one of those gimps who have been scrawling “Union bears 55” on walls and road signs recently.

Maybe not to us but a lot of football players support either Celtic or Rangers. If we’re apparently tempting a player away from St.Johnstone because the Rawlins can get them a move to America(as was quoted on here) then imagine Ferguson has decent contacts in the game for players to step upwards too. He also commands a lot of media attention which is no bad thing for players who want to get noticed. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

The problem is, all Ferguson's contacts know he's a massive fud that couldnae coach a dug to fetch a stick.

Aye suppose that is more likely the truth. 

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

You can add Josh Todd to the list of useless jobber we’ve punted to end up in a higher league. Just signed for QoS.

Who's fans will no doubt be giving it similar to Raith when they signed Connolly ie " he was good for us previously" when in reality those days have long since gone. I'm amazed Todd actually managed to make it through the door to sign for them without getting injured. Even a strong breeze would put him at risk. 

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Anyone ever considered that maybe they can only get 1,000 of fans in next season or even less under the current restrictions? 

Yeah but with season ticket sales, new strip and the ppv their will be an income stream from that. And don't forget your 50/50 tickets! I wouldn't be surprised if they increase the price of ppv. Just need to hope the 3rd wave of Covid doesn't put the kybosh on things. 

20 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Yeah but with season ticket sales, new strip and the ppv their will be an income stream from that. And don't forget your 50/50 tickets! I wouldn't be surprised if they increase the price of ppv. Just need to hope the 3rd wave of Covid doesn't put the kybosh on things. 

Missed my point. Maybe the delay in launching ST’s is they are waiting to find out what is going to happen with restrictions in the next few days? 

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Missed my point. Maybe the delay in launching ST’s is they are waiting to find out what is going to happen with restrictions in the next few days? 

Maybe. Let's hope it's not a backwards step. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Do you think they may tier the ST’s so that if there are 1000 or so allowed in then certain tickets will be given priority? 

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Do you think they may tier the ST’s so that if there are 1000 or so allowed in then certain tickets will be given priority? 

I.e, cost more?

Knowing our mob, hospitality will be Tier 1, complimentaries will be Tier 2, and ST Plus holders will be Tier 3.  That should take care of everyone other than a few hundred that take STs at all.

Its going to be interesting to see just how much of a shortfall in sponsorship and ST sales our “new board” are having to deal with. Doubtless they have a rigorous process to address it.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I.e, cost more?

Would presume so if waiting on that news is the reason for a delay? 

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Would presume so if waiting on that news is the reason for a delay? 

I mean seriously, can they really press any more “do not press” buttons?

TBF there is a lot to consider. 

1. How many are you allowed in?

2. How many won’t renew?

3. How much to charge being we are in DIv 3 for the third season but pricing is the same as it was for 5 years maybe?

4. Will we be forced to offer refunds by Trading standards, who have lettered all club?

5. What do we charge for PPV if under 50% of ST’s can get in.

6. How much are we going to lose if we can’t get fans into the ground in sufficient numbers 

……

not an easy call. But hey Ho they wanted the gig and decided not to embrace the changes a good lump of the fans would have like to have seen.