The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
12 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Lee Miller apparently not hung up the boots yet, he's signed for East Kilbride..

Good on him. Hopefully he can go onto becomes a forward coach somewhere when he is finished playing! 

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Are people seriously buying into the top 6 premier pish? 

We maybe need to forget about that and take it one step at a time a phrase M&M continously used which is ironic. Focus solely on getting out this league, then we can focus on what we're doing next. The reality is because of where we are then we're less likely to make signings who are capable of performing at the top end of the championship right now which is why 3 out of the 4 of our signings were from the bottom two championship teams. 

That doesn't mean that those players won't improve and maybe become better players capable of playing in a top half championship club but right now it's where we are. I'd like to see us sign a few more younger prospects who we can improve on the way up.

Liam Brown would have been ideal but QP will have more money to throw about than us so we've got to try deal with that this season. We've handed a 3 year deal to a 28 year old jobber and they've handed a 3 year deal to a 22 year old promising prospect. Hopefully the Paton and Ndaba rumours are true but we'll wait and see what actually comes our way.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Are people seriously buying into the top 6 premier pish? 

No it just feels like sales speak from the Rawlins. 

I’ve no doubt they would love to get us there but the application so far is not reflecting their ambition. 

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We maybe need to forget about that and take it one step at a time a phrase M&M continously used which is ironic. Focus solely on getting out this league, then we can focus on what we're doing next. The reality is because of where we are then we're less likely to make signings who are capable of performing at the top end of the championship right now which is why 3 out of the 4 of our signings were from the bottom two championship teams. 

That doesn't mean that those players won't improve and maybe become better players capable of playing in a top half championship club but right now it's where we are. I'd like to see us sign a few more younger prospects who we can improve on the way up.

Liam Brown would have been ideal but QP will have more money to throw about than us so we've got to try deal with that this season. We've handed a 3 year deal to a 28 year old jobber and they've handed a 3 year deal to a 22 year old promising prospect. Hopefully the Paton and Ndaba rumours are true but we'll wait and see what actually comes our way.

QP May be splashing the cash, but you could argue we must be awash with it as well if Deans & Co. are refusing a £600k investment in the club.

4 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

QP May be splashing the cash, but you could argue we must be awash with it as well if Deans & Co. are refusing a £600k investment in the club.

Or they don’t want their outcome changed/diluted?

Unfortunately we may have to go further backwards before we move our club forward, I hope not, but it seems that way to me.

15 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Unfortunately we may have to go further backwards before we move our club forward, I hope not, but it seems that way to me.

That appears to be absolutely the case. No real regard for the well being of our club or the fans. Consider the deafening silence on season ticket refunds & how the Crunchie Boys were treated. Only interested in their own perceived standing within the local community and being big fishes in a small pond. Unless the Rawlins have something unexpected up their sleeves to take us forwards (which I doubt)..... we are in exacty the same position as before with the MSG....just change the names. A club that is poorly governed and the BoD hoping for a miracle on the pitch to take the heat off them. 

25 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Christ knows what their outcome might be, but we are seeing nothing that says they are doing anything differently.....they have a puppet Chairman who has appointed a puppet board (just like the MSG).

Did our chairman neglect his duties by knocking back the 600k (near enough twice the Rawlins investment) because it was in the club’s best interests, or because it was in his best interests? It seems his best interests require him to do what the Rawlins want him to do regardless of the consequences.

The guy should have stepped down in shame at the end of the last shambolic season, but instead, issues one of his populist statements (probably the most cringeworthy one yet), and seems to have gotten away with it.

That man and his hand picked yes men need to be gone. All that has happened is we have compounded the MSG issue by adding another layer of egos to it.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Christ knows what their outcome might be, but we are seeing nothing that says they are doing anything differently.....they have a puppet Chairman who has appointed a puppet board (just like the MSG).

Did our chairman neglect his duties by knocking back the 600k (near enough twice the Rawlins investment) because it was in the club’s best interests, or because it was in his best interests? It seems his best interests require him to do what the Rawlins want him to do regardless of the consequences.

The guy should have stepped down in shame at the end of the last shambolic season, but instead, issues one of populist statements and seems to have gotten away with it.

That man and his hand picked yes men need to be gone. All that has happened is we have compounded the MSG issue by adding another layer of egos to it.

Pretty much sums it up !

35 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This must be the latest ever that we've had no contact regarding ST renewals, they are usually chapping at the bit for the dosh.

Still figuring out what to do with refunds and how they can incorporate it into selling the ticket. Maybe ask that the refund or even extra dosh from us that will go to a charity or something?  Oh, hang on they did that last season and fooled us all.

No sign of the new strips either.  

15 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can somehow see how championship clubs could sign a few of our castoffs on past heresay but surely no excuse for clubs in our league that played us last season to be signing utter dross like leitch and mercer.  Neither even had a single game where you could rave about a performance. 2 year deals as well jeez.

In my opinion there is very little difference in the player ability  or standard of play between league 1 or championship clubs in Scotland. Basically most of the players are shite and iincapable of performing at a higher level.. Because the wages are so low it’s arguable there is more talent in the part time pool as it’s probably the only way to make a decent living at that level..
I We have had some great part timers in the past maybe we should be considering that route as an option now.

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

In my opinion there is very little difference in the player ability  or standard of play between league 1 or championship clubs in Scotland. Basically most of the players are shite and iincapable of performing at a higher level.. Because the wages are so low it’s arguable there is more talent in the part time pool as it’s probably the only way to make a decent living at that level..
I We have had some great part timers in the past maybe we should be considering that route as an option now.

That’s the worry I have with Alloa. They pocketed £500k from the SPFL and with Barry Ferguson there I’m sure they’ll be able to attract some of the best part time players as well as some good loans from the top league. I’m not sure how good a manager he is but easy to forget what a massive draw he is for players. 

13 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

That’s the worry I have with Alloa. They pocketed £500k from the SPFL and with Barry Ferguson there I’m sure they’ll be able to attract some of the best part time players as well as some good loans from the top league. I’m not sure how good a manager he is but easy to forget what a massive draw he is for players. 

Everyone went to Kelty for decent cash and an apprenticeship, not for him. I think Hetherington jumping to a team like us right now will show you there's not much of a draw there. 

17 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

They will probably have the money to throw about. They were meant to be putting a team in the Lowland development league but didn't. We had one of their young boys and was supposed to be going to train with their first team but it doesn't seem like they've organised much so far.