The Falkirk FC Thread

Am I right in thinking that if we are to get players on loan from Aberdeen etc then generally they do pre season at the parent club so we're likely to see movement late on? Would love us to get more out of the loan market this year and Sheerin should be well placed to recommend players.

30 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Am I right in thinking that if we are to get players on loan from Aberdeen etc then generally they do pre season at the parent club so we're likely to see movement late on? Would love us to get more out of the loan market this year and Sheerin should be well placed to recommend players.

Loans can come in whenever you want there are no rules to it. Normally better getting a few in early before they end up elsewhere. Means they can gel in with the team also.

Loans can come in whenever you want there are no rules to it. Normally better getting a few in early before they end up elsewhere. Means they can gel in with the team also.

It’s usually unlikely you’ll get loans early on. Most teams will want all their players to take part in pre season and friendlies, which will let them evaluate everyone and decide who they want to keep and who can go out on loan. You also find clubs won’t loan players out until they’ve done their own transfer business, so they can make sure they’ve got adequate cover.

I’d guess we won’t get loans in till closer to start of the season.

Guest Peter LaFleur
6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Gary Holt. If we have a Sporting Director charged with finding players, dealing with contracts etc., why would Sheerin need an assistant?

To assist with training and match days like every other assistant I assume?

Edited by Peter LaFleur

3 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

To assist with training and match days like every other assistant I assume?

Yeah he still needs a set of backroom staff. Assistant and a goalkeeping coach I'd imagine will be the lot as I think we still have the fitness coach and physio in place. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
33 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Nobody at the moment

That might not be true. Need to browse through other clubs social media first as that appears to be where most of our news breaks these days! 

Gary Holt. If we have a Sporting Director charged with finding players, dealing with contracts etc., why would Sheerin need an assistant?

Why is it so hard to understand the sporting director isn’t some new thing Falkirk have created? First team coach or manager, it doesn’t make a difference to the fundamental part of the job