The Falkirk FC Thread

Seething.

Why the f**k are we giving that c**t a new deal. Absolutely stunk the place out last year, honestly can’t think of any redeemable qualities that he’s got. A centre half that’s soft as shite and can’t defend.

Paying a director of football to run recruitment and we cant do better than extending that clown [emoji23] some of the signings so far have been decent enough in my eyes but this one act calls everything into question. An unfathomably stupid, senseless thing to do.

14 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Mutch

Williamson.         MacKay            Ndaba.               Dixon

Hetherington.        Telfer

Morrison.             McGuffie.             Nesbitt

Paton

Falkirk 0 v 1 Whoever they're playing against

Can't honestly say I know enough about Hetherington, Nesbitt or MacKay to slate them (yet).  Nor McGuffie or Paton.  One constant here though is we're bringing in guys from at best lower championship sides - nothing to suggest we'd not have to rebuild again next summer if we do go up.  

Having said that It's not going to be hard to be better than last season and with Partick gone we should be favourites..    would 100% replace Mutch though with someone a bit more experienced, vocal and generally solid though.

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Paying a director of football to run recruitment and we cant do better than extending that clown emoji23.png some of the signings so far have been decent enough in my eyes but this one act calls everything into question. An unfathomably stupid, senseless thing to do.

Lets see how they line up and preform together as a unit before judging any of the signings.

Bounce game time any trying formations out will be critical.

Have seen it over the decades what you think is a dummy being retained is transformed with new players and formation.

So lets not build up or damn until we see what they do on the pitch.

We have done well to get what we have got considering out position in the grand scheme of things

Even keeping Hall as a back up is a fucking stupid idea it means that at points we’ll need to play him next year and that’s as good as giving the opposition a goal head start.

Sorry to go on about it but I just can’t fathom how anyone could watch Barry and Paul be so rancid last season and still want to keep one of them. Mental stuff.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Even keeping Hall as a back up is a fucking stupid idea it means that at points we’ll need to play him next year and that’s as good as giving the opposition a goal head start.

Sorry to go on about it but I just can’t fathom how anyone could watch Barry and Paul be so rancid last season and still want to keep one of them. Mental stuff.

It showed at the end of last season how important a decent squad is. We got a few injuries and the so called squad players weren't up to the task. We cannot go down that route again, no room at all for passengers and Hall is definitely in that category.

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lets see how they line up and preform together as a unit before judging any of the signings.

Bounce game time any trying formations out will be critical.

Have seen it over the decades what you think is a dummy being retained is transformed with new players and formation.

So lets not build up or damn until we see what they do on the pitch.

We have done well to get what we have got considering out position in the grand scheme of things

Well aye, not sure anything I said contradicts that tbh, think the signings so far seem ok but keeping Ben Hall is monumentally stupid. We have plenty to judge him on and he isnt what we need. 

Guest Peter LaFleur

We really should have announced Hall sharing the scarf aloft the Brockville gate with McManus. It would have softened the blow. Happy with Telfer.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

4 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

We really should have announced Hall sharing the scarf aloft the Brockville gate with McManus. It would have softened the blow. Happy with Telfer.

I agree regarding Telfer, maybe that was the reason they announced them together give with one hand and take away with the other.

20 minutes ago, Russ said:

Durnan is the less bad of the two.

Funny game football. Seen to recall folks saying last season that Telfer was rank and should be punted. Now wanting him signed up. Same with Paul Paton the season before who then turned out to be one of the best players in the squad.  Now it's Hall's head that is being called for.

Funny game football

After trying to be very optimistic given signings that's have been announced, no real qualms about any of them, this has completely knocked the wind out of my sails, has Sheerin seen him play and green lit the contract? Has holt stamped some sort of authority and gave him the contract? Anyone that has seen him play knows he is fucking dug meat, so it's worrying that he has been given this contract. 

Is that it for today then? 1 measly contract extension?

61 days to the start of the new season. It took 61 days to administer the first hundred million Covid vaccinations worldwide. It took 5 days to administer the next hundred million. 

Supporting Falkirk feels like an illness just now - is there a vaccination available?

Reality vaccination needed

I can understand why they’ve signed Hall. We need a squad and he’s probably not on the upper half of the wage bill, so signing him to be a squad player makes sense. Ultimately we will need squad fillers and they’ll likely be of his standard and cost anyway.