The Falkirk FC Thread

I was told by a very good source that we'd signed him. 

Would genuinely be the best signing anyone in your league will make all season. He’ll be ridiculously good at that level.
Josh meekings anyone 

Fancy finding out who The Super are signing.

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

McManus would certainly signal our intentions. 

And unlike last summer's hype signing in Alston, we'd know exactly what we are getting

Well we thought we knew what we were getting with Alston to be fair. Mcmanus however's only been gone a season and has shown he thrives at this level.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would genuinely be the best signing anyone in your league will make all season. He’ll be ridiculously good at that level.

Fancy finding out who The Super are signing.

Ndaba have you not heard? Who would you liken him to? That's a genuine question I don't want a sarcastic response.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Whats the root of all this McManus chat?

His Mrs put up a message on her Instagram story a few nights ago about being a football wife in uncertain times and that what will be will be. Referred to him to just keep his head up, which he then shared.

McManus also liked the post of us appointing Sheerin as head coach.

I don't believe it's a done deal as some are suggesting, but if there's a chance to get him back then we should absolutely be going for it imo 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Ndaba have you not heard? Who would you liken him to? That's a genuine question I don't want a sarcastic response.

Dunno who I’d compare him to but his best assets are probably his physicality and distribution. He’s very comfortable with the ball at his feet and can also play LB and in midfield. He’s also pretty quick for a guy of his build.

I can’t really think of anything bad to say about him tbh. We were awful before he came in and given his young age I don’t think anyone really expected him to change much but we looked far better for a spell after he came in. The team ultimately reverted to being shite for the rest of the season but Ndaba didn’t really do anything we could fault him for. There might’ve been one of the goals up in Arbroath he was at fault for but we were already 2/3-0 down by that point. I’ll still be very surprised if he ends up with you guys given he’d be an ideal signing for a team trying to win promotion from our league.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunno who I’d compare him to but his best assets are probably his physicality and distribution. He’s very comfortable with the ball at his feet and can also play LB and in midfield. He’s also pretty quick for a guy of his build.

I can’t really think of anything bad to say about him tbh. We were awful before he came in and given his young age I don’t think anyone really expected him to change much but we looked far better for a spell after he came in. The team ultimately reverted to being shite for the rest of the season but Ndaba didn’t really do anything we could fault him for. There might’ve been one of the goals up in Arbroath he was at fault for but we were already 2/3-0 down by that point. I’ll still be very surprised if he ends up with you guys given he’d be an ideal signing for a team trying to win promotion from our league.

Oh he's left sided? Now we're talking. 

Guest Peter LaFleur

Don’t fancy Meekings whatsoever. Played 44 games in the past 4 years and is currently playing in the same team as Dennon Lewis. Yuck.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'd always assumed we owned the stadium part of Brockville and the Council owned the training pitch (where the store was actually built). So 5/7th sounds about right to me.

In terms of TFS, I thought we owned the 'footballing' parts ie seats facing the pitch, concourses, hospitality boxes, pitch, changing rooms etc and they retained ownership of non footballing aspects eg all of the office space etc. That could be completely wrong of course.

I

We have 175 year leases on the ground where the pitch, north and south stand are and where the east stand would be. We also get free access to the football areas in the west stand on match days.  We don't actually own anything though.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 hours ago, Ontovictory said:

Yes, you're right, thanks. Did he not make his debut as a sub and then be subbed off? I may be wrong on that - old age!

No, I think under Jim Duffy reign, Murphy was a New Zealander who was in Scotland for a few months.

Trained with Falkirk pre season and played up front in a pre season friendly before returning home. 
Can’t recall exactly (I was there though) but he might have appeared as a second half sub and stayed on to finish.

No, I still can’t fathom that one out.

Edited by HonestAl

8 hours ago, Ontovictory said:

Yes, you're right, thanks. Did he not make his debut as a sub and then be subbed off? I may be wrong on that - old age!

He made his one and only appearance against Celtic as a sub only to be hooked again shortly afterwards.

Edited by keithgy

Guest Ecosse83

Quite happy with the signings so far although like others not going to get ahead of myself until I see us in the park! 

It will be interesting to see who they bring in now, the signings so far have been quite obvious that don’t really require a 40k employee for. I’m not going to judge too early but I’m now expecting some less obvious signings that will make Holt’s post worthwhile!

7 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Is it just me or does anyone else read ‘Rawlings’, ‘TFS’ or ‘stadium’  and instantly scroll. We need folk to keep an eye on things but I long for the day that these topics are firmly in the background.

I’m all for that.....but.....until the day we have proper competent governance at the club, unfortunately that isn’t going to happen.

It’s a fact of life that for the club to be successful we need Falkirk fans at the helm willing to invest and take us forwards. With the current lot in charge we ended up 5th in the seaside league and a bunch of people with no real ties to the club.

scroll on!

Guest Ecosse83
21 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Is it just me or does anyone else read ‘Rawlings’, ‘TFS’ or ‘stadium’  and instantly scroll. We need folk to keep an eye on things but I long for the day that these topics are firmly in the background.

I know it all needs sorted but I’m sick of reading about it just now. It’s the same posts over and over! 

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

He made his one and only appearance against Celtic as a sub only to be hooked again shortly afterwards.

John Stuart came on as a sub in the 87/88 season lasted 5 mins and then was subbed off. Spud Murphy played in a two nil pre season victory over Hibs in season 88/89 and scored the second goal.

Sorry to butt into your football chat , but looking for an old programme to complete a specific project.

The one I'm after is from the Motherwell V Falkirk Scottish Cup tie at Fir Park in February 1991.

I am prepared to pay £25 for a copy in reasonable condition. 

If anyone has one they wish to sell please DM me.

Thanks