The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whats the root of all this McManus chat?

Probably due to them signing Wighton and him maybe being seen as not needed. Sure Ohara and Wighton were the preferred front two towards the end of the season with Mcmanus on the bench. Mcmanus will be on a very decent wage given he signed a 3 year deal with them last summer so there could be some truth in the rumour if they don't fancy him as a starter.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Probably due to them signing Wighton and him maybe being seen as not needed. Sure Ohara and Wighton were the preferred front two towards the end of the season with Mcmanus on the bench. Mcmanus will be on a very decent wage given he signed a 3 year deal with them last summer so there could be some truth in the rumour if they don't fancy him as a starter.

He signed a 2 year deal not 3

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

He signed a 2 year deal not 3

Even better. To be fair Ruari Paton looks to be a similar player in that he looks like a live wire who can create as well as find the net. Giving centre backs a horrid time as oppose to Keena who seems to be the poacher type with no other attributes.

7 hours ago, Zbairn said:

We got royally screwed on that as well. I believe the South Stand only cost around £1.25 million, but then again that was probably a private enterprise working on the building rather than the council, so nothing surprises me.

If I remember correctly, we only owned around 2/7 to 3/7ths of the Brockville site that got sold to Morrisons, with the Council owning the other portion.

5/7ths

McManus signed a two year deal last summer.
Maybe on high wages though? Might explain why they want him offloaded. Get the chequebook out Falkirk 

By no means do I think we’ll get him, but they signed Wighton, who is now their main striker and the fans believe that O’Hara looks the better prospect of the two. Now considering he will be on high wages and Grant has worked with O’Hara before, there is a possibility they’d look to offload him to put the wages towards another position

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Callum Ferrie has been released by Dundee i think he would be a good addition to challange Mutch

Never had a chance to get a look at him the last time he was on loan but I reckon our back up goalkeeper will also be the goalkeeping coach so I doubt it'll be him.

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

By no means do I think we’ll get him, but they signed Wighton, who is now their main striker and the fans believe that O’Hara looks the better prospect of the two. Now considering he will be on high wages and Grant has worked with O’Hara before, there is a possibility they’d look to offload him to put the wages towards another position

And given we were heavily after him before he signed with them, nowhere better to offer him.

I'd always assumed we owned the stadium part of Brockville and the Council owned the training pitch (where the store was actually built). So 5/7th sounds about right to me.

In terms of TFS, I thought we owned the 'footballing' parts ie seats facing the pitch, concourses, hospitality boxes, pitch, changing rooms etc and they retained ownership of non footballing aspects eg all of the office space etc. That could be completely wrong of course.

1 minute ago, steveffc said:
4 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:
Need Banta to drop a McManus hint before shit can get real.

Sickboy usually been more right and in the know than banta so far,, so when he drops the hint I'll start to believe it,,

Or Ewan Fife, that mans dripping with in the know.

Edited by FFC 1876

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'd always assumed we owned the stadium part of Brockville and the Council owned the training pitch (where the store was actually built). So 5/7th sounds about right to me.

In terms of TFS, I thought we owned the 'footballing' parts ie seats facing the pitch, concourses, hospitality boxes, pitch, changing rooms etc and they retained ownership of non footballing aspects eg all of the office space etc. That could be completely wrong of course.

I dont think we own the hospitality boxes... but possibly the rest.