The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
43 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I certainly won’t be asking for any refund.

Not the club’s fault.

The money is long gone. Forget it.

I’m undecided. Depends what gets said in the coming weeks. Feel like I’ve had enough of being taken for granted by successive boards.  Would like to be offered at least and wouldn’t hold it against anyone who takes it. May not be the clubs fault but the value for money hasn’t been great for the games we did get. Moneys tight too for most. 

6 hours ago, RiG said:

Bizarre post. You must have missed the rush of other fans to the Ross County thread when they appointed their new racist, sexist and homophobic manager and the same with us when Dodds was appointed. It's part and parcel of an open forum. Deal with it etc.

As for Mckay most ICT fans might not rate him highly but maybe he could do a turn for Falkirk in League 1. After all, we've had our share of duds come to us and been derided by other supporters but you need only look to see what the likes of Donaldson, Rooney and White are up to now to see past form can be turned around. Good luck to the guy.

I reckon we would've been ok if we gave Todorov more time than the lanky tall English striker Jarvis who couldn't score in a barrel of yep you guessed, 6 career goals at 23yr old tells you all. Jordan White is pushing it tho 😋

Certain clubs sometimes work for players, unfortunately recent history none work at Falkirk.

I also enjoy the ICT input to our page

6 hours ago, Russ said:

Don’t really get the whole ‘aye he played a lot of games so can’t have been that bad’ stick. Burton O’Brien played over 100 games for us but was of course fucking shite. Sometimes it happens where managers just like certain players and bizarrely give them far too much game time.

It’s pretty well known that so far in his career Brad McKay has been shite. That’s why you’ll have fans of Hearts, St. Johnstone, Dunfermline and Inverness as well as opposition fans telling us so. Now he might go on to have a good spell with us but that doesn’t make their opinion any less valid. The exact same has happened with us in the last few years when we’ve punted garbage like James Craigen, John Rankin, Tom Dallison, Joe McKee etc… and they’ve went and done well for their next team.

Some players do work better and worse at other clubs for some reason or other. BoB is well thought of at Livvy and St Mirren, McBride also at other clubs too. I will admit tho both the above did have MoM performances for us but the majority of their appearances were pish.

I am being objective in measuring them against Loy and Alstons return, don't think any of our recent signings have been as poor or worse as they have been. I seem to be using both as a measuring tool for me now.

I am hoping Sheerin can mould a team from the signings and tbh it's league one, anyone with our budget and anything about them should be skooshing this league....

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m undecided. Depends what gets said in the coming weeks. Feel like I’ve had enough of being taken for granted by successive boards.  Would like to be offered at least and wouldn’t hold it against anyone who takes it. May not be the clubs fault but the value for money hasn’t been great for the games we did get. Moneys tight too for most. 

Exactly. The club havent actually been the best at connecting with the fans to deserve the cash that we are entitled to get back. They had the benefit of the doubt last season but failed to deliver on so many fronts. I think legally they have to offer..... and there will be many who actually consider it to offset next seasons ticket. I'm with you and I'll decide later, based on if I feel the club is actually trying to fleece us again or not.

Edited by Zbairn
text

Im not going to lie im liking the look of the team shaping up with the linked transfers and the ones already in seems like were building a team more than having a couple of stand out players to rely on. Hetherington seems like a perfect player for the league and Williamson should probably be at a better level. Its a shame that McKay is apparantly not very good but suppose we will see what happens with him and i think nesbitt is very exciting. Ndaba and mcann would be a great signings and mcguffie and paton would be great young players to add to the squad. Brown and O'Connor i know nothing about.

5 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn09 said:

Im not going to lie im liking the look of the team shaping up with the linked transfers and the ones already in seems like were building a team more than having a couple of stand out players to rely on. Hetherington seems like a perfect player for the league and Williamson should probably be at a better level. Its a shame that McKay is apparantly not very good but suppose we will see what happens with him and i think nesbitt is very exciting. Ndaba and mcann would be a great signings and mcguffie and paton would be great young players to add to the squad. Brown and O'Connor i know nothing about.

2 posts?

Hiya Paul, hiya pal.

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Did any of them do well? Craigen only lasted one full season at Dunfermline.  Same with Rankin at queen's.  Dallison isnt a regular starter at crawley and McKee originally went to Dumbarton where let's face it expectations are considerably lower.  This boy Mackay is supposedly out of his depth in the championship so that I would say is even worse than just being shite.  If that's a true reflection on him then I can't see him lasting very long. Out his depth puts him in the same bracket as the boy souness signed for Southampton that was supposed to be George weahs cousin and the boy I remember from the 80s John Stewart that came on for 5 mins in a game at brockville and was then subbed straight back off and never heard of again.

I remember that event clearly (except the name) - was it "Spud Stewart"?

2 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Josh meekings anyone 

Surely not, I'd have had him before Brad Mckay but surely not along with Mckay if Ndaba and O'Connor are already linked. Unless they fancy O'Connor more in the middle of the park.

20 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Surely not, I'd have had him before Brad Mckay but surely not along with Mckay if Ndaba and O'Connor are already linked. Unless they fancy O'Connor more in the middle of the park.

I think Meekings is more likely than Ndaba and O’Connor tho.