The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

If that’s the case what happened to the proceeds from the sale of brockville?

The problem is that whilst we originally had 50:50 ownership through the FCSL,when that was demerged the council had by then put up the 2 million quid for the north stand and had provided loans to keep the whole thing running. That's why the demerger split came out in the council's favour and we no longer owned anything but had instead 175 year leases.

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The problem is that whilst we originally had 50:50 ownership through the FCSL,when that was demerged the council had by then put up the 2 million quid for the north stand and had provided loans to keep the whole thing running. That's why the demerger split came out in the council's favour and we no longer owned anything but had instead 175 year leases.

We got royally screwed on that as well. I believe the South Stand only cost around £1.25 million, but then again that was probably a private enterprise working on the building rather than the council, so nothing surprises me.

If I remember correctly, we only owned around 2/7 to 3/7ths of the Brockville site that got sold to Morrisons, with the Council owning the other portion.

Edited by Zbairn
spelling

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

On another subject for a moment, for the few of us on here still planning to attend games, I’m just thinking there must be a serious risk with all of the variants that are emerging, of serious disruption, if not a total ban, on attending games next season......

The Rawlings variant is rumored to be arriving soon 

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

On another subject for a moment, for the few of us on here still planning to attend games, I’m just thinking there must be a serious risk with all of the variants that are emerging, of serious disruption, if not a total ban, on attending games next season......

Yeah I agree. Club seem a bit late to the party with season ticket details as well. Maybe hanging off to find out what the score is? 

Yeah I agree. Club seem a bit late to the party with season ticket details as well. Maybe hanging off to find out what the score is? 

I suspect they’re holding off till they can get a few decent signings to tempt fans to part with their money.

Guest Peter LaFleur
4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Not particularly happy with that one. Telfer and Connolly were bigger losses to Morton than him and they’ve both been in our team that has failed to win promotion two years in a row. 

Connolly has never played for Morton. I don’t think Telfer was any great loss to them at the time either. If he’s of a similar standard to Connolly but can stay fit for the full season he will be good for us. We desperately needed competition in wide areas last season with Morrison being our only option when Connolly was out injured. Nesbitt is a massive improvement over Robbie Leitch.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

2 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Connolly has never played for Morton. I don’t think Telfer was any great loss to them at the time either. If he’s of similar standard to Connolly but can stay fit for the full season he will be good for us.

Indeed, not sure where I’d pulled that from. I thought Telfer was a big loss to Morton at the time though. Time will tell 

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Who is leaking all these signings in advance?

It seems worse now than the ‘leaky Lex’ era.

Not particularly happy with that one. Telfer and Connolly were bigger losses to Morton than him and they’ve both been in our team that has failed to win promotion two years in a row. 

It’s not an exact science (player x came from club x and we are still in league one = any player from club x won’t get us out of League One).

As pointed out Connolly has never played for Morton either.

I’m sceptical about getting excited about any players due to how we’ve been burned in the past. Players from a higher level, younger players, experienced players, there’s not been a magic formula to work out what type of players we should be going for.

We were definitely short in wide areas last season, relying on Leitch and a 17 year old making his first team debut for a slot on the left hand side, sometimes even using Josh Todd ffs. I suspect he will be an upgrade on those at least.