The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We are definitely a support that is split, pity something can't be done to get us all pulling in the same direction.

Few ideas that I’m sure almost all fans could get behind...

Accept a half a million pound boost to the coffers and a change to the boardroom.

Rename the South Stand the Kevin McAllister stand and give the wee man the celebration he deserves.

Unveil a marquee signing. 

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Define “club” to me. Are you talking Board? If so, then I am massively cynical of near enough everything they touch. For my money, it’s a Board that is in essence a bunch of yes men for Gary Deans, and the key skill they all possess is the ability to say “yes Gary, of course I will do that for you”.....where “that” is defined as good things and bad things, but they won’t make a distinction between the two. They’ll do it because Gary says so......no Airdrie match report, never mention last season again, follow the mantra. He even had Sheerin roped into it on his first online chat.

Yes, I am talking board. I know nothing of their inner workings so can't comment on your interpretation of their behaviour. 

I do know one thing though. The lack of an Airdrie match report wasn't part of any grand plan from the BOD. It was a mistake from a depressed employee who couldn't face writing it after seeing his team fail again. He did the wrong thing and won't do it again. I know because he's a friend of mine and we discussed it afterwards.  

Not everything is a conspiracy.  Sometimes the simplest explanation is the accurate one. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

39 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yes, I am talking board. I know nothing of their inner workings so can't comment on your interpretation of their behaviour. 

I do know one thing though. The lack of an Airdrie match report wasn't part of any grand plan from the BOD. It was a mistake from a depressed employee who couldn't face writing it after seeing his team fail again. He did the wrong thing and won't do it again. I know because he's a friend of mine and we discussed it afterwards.  

Not everything is a conspiracy.  Sometimes the simplest explanation is the accurate one. 

Three word report would have been adequate 

“An absolute disgrace”

15 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

As I have mentioned ad nauseum, it gets on my tits when supporters from other teams plague our thread.  I've done my research and just been onto the Caley thread, 2 people online, the Ross County thread, 3 people online, the Saint Johnstone thread, 3 people online. We've got 33 people online at the moment.

I get it now.

They are lonely as f*ck!

And our thread is to them what Wilson was to Tom Hanks in Castaway.

wilson mr Wilson volley ball from movie castaway Onogo

Bizarre post. You must have missed the rush of other fans to the Ross County thread when they appointed their new racist, sexist and homophobic manager and the same with us when Dodds was appointed. It's part and parcel of an open forum. Deal with it etc.

As for Mckay most ICT fans might not rate him highly but maybe he could do a turn for Falkirk in League 1. After all, we've had our share of duds come to us and been derided by other supporters but you need only look to see what the likes of Donaldson, Rooney and White are up to now to see past form can be turned around. Good luck to the guy.

Don’t really get the whole ‘aye he played a lot of games so can’t have been that bad’ stick. Burton O’Brien played over 100 games for us but was of course fucking shite. Sometimes it happens where managers just like certain players and bizarrely give them far too much game time.

It’s pretty well known that so far in his career Brad McKay has been shite. That’s why you’ll have fans of Hearts, St. Johnstone, Dunfermline and Inverness as well as opposition fans telling us so. Now he might go on to have a good spell with us but that doesn’t make their opinion any less valid. The exact same has happened with us in the last few years when we’ve punted garbage like James Craigen, John Rankin, Tom Dallison, Joe McKee etc… and they’ve went and done well for their next team.

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Don’t really get the whole ‘aye he played a lot of games so can’t have been that bad’ stick. Burton O’Brien played over 100 games for us but was of course fucking shite. Sometimes it happens where managers just like certain players and bizarrely give them far too much game time.

It’s pretty well known that so far in his career Brad McKay has been shite. That’s why you’ll have fans of Hearts, St. Johnstone, Dunfermline and Inverness as well as opposition fans telling us so. Now he might go on to have a good spell with us but that doesn’t make their opinion any less valid. The exact same has happened with us in the last few years when we’ve punted garbage like James Craigen, John Rankin, Tom Dallison, Joe McKee etc… and they’ve went and done well for their next team.

Yep, It's as if Brad McKay is the first ever shite footballer to play over100 games in his career.  It's not a new phenomenon.

17 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He's shite but he's better than Mark Durnan.  But yep if you do go up, McKay is miles out of his depth in the Championship.  3 years if insanity.

It's all part of what appears to be a 250 year plan to return to the Premiership, so a 3 year deal is actually quite insignificant.

58 minutes ago, Russ said:

Did any of them do well? Craigen only lasted one full season at Dunfermline.  Same with Rankin at queen's.  Dallison isnt a regular starter at crawley and McKee originally went to Dumbarton where let's face it expectations are considerably lower.  This boy Mackay is supposedly out of his depth in the championship so that I would say is even worse than just being shite.  If that's a true reflection on him then I can't see him lasting very long. Out his depth puts him in the same bracket as the boy souness signed for Southampton that was supposed to be George weahs cousin and the boy I remember from the 80s John Stewart that came on for 5 mins in a game at brockville and was then subbed straight back off and never heard of again.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

On another subject for a moment, for the few of us on here still planning to attend games, I’m just thinking there must be a serious risk with all of the variants that are emerging, of serious disruption, if not a total ban, on attending games next season......

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Doesn’t say much for the way the club is run that an employee has the power to dictate whether a report goes up. Not that I’d personally want to read it but it’s unprofessional to say the least. As is allowing Aberdeen to break news of our manager before us. Many things continue but people choose to look the other way. 

That said, the Rawlins have only been on the scene since the turn of the year and these things take months/years to remedy...

21 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Doesn’t say much for the way the club is run that an employee has the power to dictate whether a report goes up. Not that I’d personally want to read it but it’s unprofessional to say the least. As is allowing Aberdeen to break news of our manager before us. Many things continue but people choose to look the other way. 

That said, the Rawlins have only been on the scene since the turn of the year and these things take months/years to remedy...

Professionalism should be implemented immediately.  The club is quite simply a fucking mess at every level. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Did any of them do well? Craigen only lasted one full season at Dunfermline.  Same with Rankin at queen's.  Dallison isnt a regular starter at crawley and McKee originally went to Dumbarton where let's face it expectations are considerably lower.  This boy Mackay is supposedly out of his depth in the championship so that I would say is even worse than just being shite.  If that's a true reflection on him then I can't see him lasting very long. Out his depth puts him in the same bracket as the boy souness signed for Southampton that was supposed to be George weahs cousin and the boy I remember from the 80s John Stewart that came on for 5 mins in a game at brockville and was then subbed straight back off and never heard of again.

Hi Shadwell, I hope you're right about us signing this boy, he sounds a good 'un.

https://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/19205217.former-ross-high-pupil-ruari-paton-aiming-scottish-cup-glory/

Guest Peter LaFleur
6 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Osman Sow released by Dundee. 10 goals and 4 assists in 28 games. At 6'4" could be what is needed

I read somewhere that he's off to Thailand to play.

On 25/02/2021 at 13:56, Shadwell Dog said:

We don't own anything. We only have a long term lease. The stadium company is purely owned by the council and has nothing to do with falkirkfc. Everything is explained in Martin Ritchie's book.

If that’s the case what happened to the proceeds from the sale of brockville?

I'll chime in on the Brad McKay signing (albeit a day late). He was really good for us in League 1 (although that was 5 years ago) and should stroll it this season tbh. The 3 year deal is a bit baffling but if your sights are promotion this season followed by a season or 2 consolidation/4th spot rather than Ray's 2 promotions on the spin pish then he'll be solid enough.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

It's all part of what appears to be a 250 year plan to return to the Premiership, so a 3 year deal is actually quite insignificant.

You should get there before us then :(