The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Whatever that group that tried to buy in are called and have done nothing but moan on here about not getting their own way. That's what I meant by patrons. Amateur hour. 

Will remember this post when the shit hits the fan.

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Whatever that group that tried to buy in are called and have done nothing but moan on here about not getting their own way. That's what I meant by patrons. Amateur hour. 

But you’re suggesting anything I say somehow reflects on that. I’ve got sod all to do with that group but interested to know why the BoD rejected a huge investment from Falkirk fans. Would rather have that money in the club and Falkirk fans running it. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Some game that. We were absolute dugmeat for the entirety, had that big fanny Fasan in goals and had about 3 attempts at goal all game and won 3-2.

Btw we had a midfield 3 that day of Ruben Sammut, Aaron Muirhead and Paul Paton. Genuinely unsure if there’s a worse midfield combination to have taken to the field in a professional game. That’s absolutely minging.

No matter how shite you are, there's absolutely nothing better than a last minute winner. Celebrated that like it was the world cup final.

8 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Surely with these signings Hall will be gone.

Already gone if his contract expired on 31st May. No longer a Falkirk player and no longer any of our business, thank God. Same applies to Connolly, Telfer and Kelly I assume. Best for all parties.

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Already gone if his contract expired on 31st May. No longer a Falkirk player and no longer any of our business, thank God. Same applies to Connolly, Telfer and Kelly I assume. Best for all parties.

Surely they would be announced like the rest if they were definitely away.

4 minutes ago, keithgy said:

We could still offer them new deals

But have presumably - and sensibly - chosen not to, other than Dixon. They completed their contracts, they’re no longer employed by the club so there’s nothing to announce. There’s a ton of players available at the moment and Sheerin, if he has anything about him, will have requested as clean a slate as possible. The fewer remnants from last season’s disaster hanging about the better. 

Any idea what will happen to live steams of games this coming season?  Will they stop because a limited amount of fans will be allowed into the stadium?   I really valued the live streams last season as I am disabled and live in Edinburgh so find it difficult to get to many games in a normal season.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

But have presumably - and sensibly - chosen not to, other than Dixon. They completed their contracts, they’re no longer employed by the club so there’s nothing to announce. There’s a ton of players available at the moment and Sheerin, if he has anything about him, will have requested as clean a slate as possible. The fewer remnants from last season’s disaster hanging about the better. 

The fact we've announced everyone else who has left means we're most likely either waiting on the player making the decision or waiting on Sheerin making the decision on the players still remaining from last season who haven't yet been announced as staying or going. 

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

Don't think so. We are probably still looking at deals for these players as they would've been announced with the rest of the culling. No doubt we are competing with other teams to tie down these players, or still looking at replacements if need be.

Don’t get how this is remotely an argument or that people don’t understand how it works, Falkirk have given offers to the players who haven’t yet been confirmed as leaving and said players will decide wether to take up the offer or not and when that happens they’ll be announced as leaving/left the club or they will announce the new deal.

Unfortunately that means Hall will have been offered new terms and all we can hope is that he is stupid enough to turn it down and try his luck elsewhere. 

Edited by FalkirkLad

4 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Don't think so. We are probably still looking at deals for these players as they would've been announced with the rest of the culling. No doubt we are competing with other teams to tie down these players, or still looking at replacements if need be.

Competing with other clubs for the likes of Hall and Kelly??!! 😀😀😀 Step well back and let the “other clubs” get on with it. I’d have hoped we’d have now moved on from these guys and were looking for far, far better, players who might be able to get us out of this league, rather than hanging around waiting to see if they deign to sign on again. 

5 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Any idea what will happen to live steams of games this coming season?  Will they stop because a limited amount of fans will be allowed into the stadium?   I really valued the live streams last season as I am disabled and live in Edinburgh so find it difficult to get to many games in a normal season.

Pure guesswork on my part, but I don't think the club will know yet. Not unless there's been an instruction from the SPFL to all the teams. I think the number of fans is dependant on the level your area is in and there's still plenty of time for that to change. 

If we have more season ticket holders than fans who're allowed in then it would seem sensible for the authorities to let live streaming continue.  Then again, it is the SFA & SPFL we're talking about.  

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Heard we've signed ruari Paton from Stranraer. Another Irish striker. Was at East kilbride previously but know hee haw else about him .scored 9 in 30 last season according to soccer base.

Paton's a very motivated and talented young man. Lovely lad too by all accounts. Still only 20 so hopefully we get a decent fee!

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Pure guesswork on my part, but I don't think the club will know yet. Not unless there's been an instruction from the SPFL to all the teams. I think the number of fans is dependant on the level your area is in and there's still plenty of time for that to change. 

If we have more season ticket holders than fans who're allowed in then it would seem sensible for the authorities to let live streaming continue.  Then again, it is the SFA & SPFL we're talking about.  

Clubs are allowed to continue live streaming next season.

2nd paragraph in the below article confirms it.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

The whole thing just screams of Inverness fans getting a bit (previous windows) Falkirky, "He's no gid enough to take us where we want to be", yet he seems to have been good enough for several years. He'll bring experience & continuity so fair enough.

Aye you’ve got us there mate. We’re all having you on. He’s fucking brilliant.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye you’ve got us there mate. We’re all having you on. He’s fucking brilliant.

I mean, McKay has been pilloried as a defender by all and sundry on his descent from Hearts, to St Johnstone, to ICT, to League 1.

It is known.

I get he's not atrocious, I get he's not amazing, but the fans of all 3 previous clubs can't be completely wrong. Hopefully he'll anchor us as we get back up and we'll look again next summer. But 3 years though. Oosht.