The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, steveffc said:

No getting the hate for signing Mckay on a 3 year deal, if he does good this year and plays part of getting us promoted and rubbish next year in championship, (as the ict fans keep telling us he will be, even though he seemed to play all the time) only be a one year contract we will need to pay up if awful or am I missing some single maths

That is true, but on the flip side if we don't go up and he's mince we have to pay off two years to get rid. It's the risk we have to take I suppose to get players to drop from the Championship to League 1. I hope your right and we do go up though.

8 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Derek Ferguson?

Joking aside, it maybe a statement of intent, but a calculated risk. Hopefully we have a clause which, if we end up staying down again, doesn't cost us a penny

A “statement of intent” would be someone like Leon McCann, a young player with plenty of potential from a direct rival. Three years for a journeyman like McKay is astonishing stuff.  

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It’s nothing to do with the board. Recruitment hasn’t been good enough for a long period so the club have appointed someone to improve it.

I was replying to the argument that having a DOF is a waste of money. It’s not a waste of money if it results in better signings and fewer players having to be paid off.

What you’re saying makes sense in principle but if Brad McKay does end up needing to get paid off then it won’t have worked and also be paying Holts wage on top of that. You have to have faith that Holts success rate will be better than that of the manager and that’s something I will need to be convinced of. 

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

What you’re saying makes sense in principle but if Brad McKay does end up needing to get paid off then it won’t have worked and also be paying Holts wage on top of that. You have to have faith that Holts success rate will be better than that of the manager and that’s something I will need to be convinced of. 

Tbh given that we have signed 100 players over the last 5 years under 4 different managers and I'd say 80%+ have been hopeless, it will be difficult for Holt to have a worse success rate.

Of course that may not be the case but we are right to at least try this model imo.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Mckay will certainly do a job and offer experience at this level but I am very surprised at the 3 year contract. It's certainly not a contract that screams an ambition to get back to the premiership anytime soon like the Rawlins have promised.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

21 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Hey Pedro. Good to see your return to back the board. 👏🏻 😆 

If we have to fork out money to get rid of McKay at the end of the season then will the board deduct that from Holts wage? 

f**k sake geez peace man. 

All these posters that have come out the woodwork are doing the 'patrons' a disservice and quite frankly coming across as amateurish toys out the pram behaviour. Writing players off before they have kicked a ball to have a go at the board. Just look forward to what might come, then decide. 

His awareness and positioning seem to be pretty poor. He can often lose his man and doesn't realise it. This goal coincidentally against Falkirk, is the kind of thing we saw quite often from him. Mckay is number 22 and is meant to be marking Rudden but completely loses him and doesn't seem to know where he has gone.

Some game that. We were absolute dugmeat for the entirety, had that big fanny Fasan in goals and had about 3 attempts at goal all game and won 3-2.

Btw we had a midfield 3 that day of Ruben Sammut, Aaron Muirhead and Paul Paton. Genuinely unsure if there’s a worse midfield combination to have taken to the field in a professional game. That’s absolutely minging.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

f**k sake geez peace man. 

All these posters that have come out the woodwork are doing the 'patrons' a disservice and quite frankly coming across as amateurish toys out the pram behaviour. Writing players off before they have kicked a ball to have a go at the board. Just look forward to what might come, then decide. 

Seem to be as many posters that have came out the woodwork in support of the board. We just had one of our worst ever seasons so I’ll remain skeptical of those that do however I don’t see what that’s got to do with the patrons. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

11 minutes ago, Russ said:

Some game that. We were absolute dugmeat for the entirety, had that big fanny Fasan in goals and had about 3 attempts at goal all game and won 3-2.

Btw we had a midfield 3 that day of Ruben Sammut, Aaron Muirhead and Paul Paton. Genuinely unsure if there’s a worse midfield combination to have taken to the field in a professional game. That’s absolutely minging.

Scott Harrison scoring the winner aswell. Possibly the slowest player I’ve ever seen. Technically dreadful aswell, much like every signing from that summer.

Scott Harrison scoring the winner aswell. Possibly the slowest player I’ve ever seen. Technically dreadful aswell, much like every signing from that summer.

As shite as he was I never actually minded Harrison that much always felt he was trying his best he just should never have been signed for that level. Typical English lower league jobber slow as f**k, can’t pass the ball but would header bricks all day long.

He’s better than both Hall and Durnan imo.

Just now, Russ said:

As shite as he was I never actually minded Harrison that much always felt he was trying his best he just should never have been signed for that level. Typical English lower league jobber slow as f**k, can’t pass the ball but would header bricks all day long.

He’s better than both Hall and Durnan imo.

Wouldn’t be hard mind you

21 minutes ago, Russ said:

Sammut is now playing in the English 6th tier 

10 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Seem to be as many posters that have came out the woodwork in support of the board. We just had one of our worst ever seasons ever so I’ll remain skeptical of those that do however I don’t see what that’s got to do with the patrons. 

We are definitely a support that is split, pity something can't be done to get us all pulling in the same direction.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Heard we've also signed corrie ndaba who was on loan at Ayr last season from Ipswich. Another defender but heard decent things about him. Plenty of pace.

Well we need at least 4 centre backs so with Mckay & Dixon as the experienced pair and Ndaba and O'Connor as the youngsters would be good. Mckay getting a three year deal basically solidifies him as a starter which is worrying as I'd rather have Dixon and a young gun in beside him.

18 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Seem to be as many posters that have came out the woodwork in support of the board. We just had one of our worst ever seasons ever so I’ll remain skeptical of those that do however I don’t see what that’s got to do with the patrons. 

Whatever that group that tried to buy in are called and have done nothing but moan on here about not getting their own way. That's what I meant by patrons. Amateur hour.