The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Brad McKay confirmed.

Do Falkirk want to stay in League 1 forever?  And a three year deal?  Good lord.

When Brad Mckay was signed we were warned by Hearts and St Johnstone fans that he was pish...and they were right.  He's just not very good.  Falkirk fans might defend him by saying 'how's he played so many games then?' but in that time we've been relegated from the Premiership, never been promoted and twice finished outside the Championship play-offs.  If fact, we missed out on the play-offs twice partly down to how poor defensively we were - a defence he was a part of.  Some fans might give it the old 'he can't be that bad!' defence and he might well be reasonable in League 1 but don't set your expectations too high - he's always liable for a blooper.

Edited by Highland Capital

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Heard we've also signed corrie ndaba who was on loan at Ayr last season from Ipswich. Another defender but heard decent things about him. Plenty of pace.

That would get the juices flowing. Spoke to a couple of ayr fans when he left who said he has some real potential 

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Do Falkirk want to stay in League 1 forever?  And a three year deal?  Good lord.

When Brad Mckay was signed we were warned by Hearts and St Johnstone fans that he was pish...and they were right.  He's just not very good.  Falkirk fans might defend him by saying 'how's he played so many games then?' but in that time we've been relegated from the Premiership, never been promoted and twice finished outside the Championship play-offs.  If fact, we missed out on the play-offs twice partly down to how poor defensively we were - a defence he was a part of.  Some fans might give it the old 'he can't be that bad!' defence and he might well be reasonable in League 1 but don't set your expectations too high - he's always liable for a blooper.

If it's an upgrade on Durnan i will happily accept

Guest Caractacus Potts
36 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Absolutely. The amount we must have spent on signing and paying off players over the last few seasons doesn’t bear thinking about.

100 players signed over the last 5 years and the vast majority have been nowhere near good enough. £45k a year is a small investment to make if it’s going to result in better recruitment. 

Hey Pedro. Good to see your return to back the board. 👏🏻 😆 

If we have to fork out money to get rid of McKay at the end of the season then will the board deduct that from Holts wage? 

11 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Strange that, Brad McKay was at Inverness for 5 seasons.

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Being better than Durnan is a low bar but give him every chance now he’s in the navy blue.

It might be a low bar but its still an upgrade

8 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Hey Pedro. Good to see your return to back the board. 👏🏻 😆 

If we have to fork out money to get rid of McKay at the end of the season then will the board deduct that from Holts wage? 

It’s nothing to do with the board. Recruitment hasn’t been good enough for a long period so the club have appointed someone to improve it.

I was replying to the argument that having a DOF is a waste of money. It’s not a waste of money if it results in better signings and fewer players having to be paid off.

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It’s nothing to do with the board. Recruitment hasn’t been good enough for a long period so the club have appointed someone to improve it.

I was replying to the argument that having a DOF is a waste of money. It’s not a waste of money if it results in better signings and fewer players having to be paid off.

Its a waste of money if the club could have got someone in to do the same job for nowt !   Was that not one of the Navy Blue investors proposals ?

I am saying nothing about ICT fans slating McKay. Have to be honest and say we have defended players in the past whose previous clubs fans have said they were shite and more often than not they have been spot on.  Giving out 3 year deals is a bit of a strange one though.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I am saying nothing about ICT fans slating McKay. Have to be honest and say we have defended players in the past whose previous clubs fans have said they were shite and more often than not they have been spot on.  Giving out 3 year deals is a bit of a strange one though.

There was obviously others in for him and that was a price to get him to league one.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There was obviously others in for him and that was a price to get him to league one.

Thought you be against a 3 year deal to someone with poor references from fans at previous clubs. 

Has your account been hacked Shadwell? 😆 

To be fair, I do agree that it can go either way just think a 3 year deal is a bit risky. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Van_damage said:

Thought you be against a 3 year deal to someone with poor references from fans at previous clubs. 

Has your account been hacked Shadwell? 😆 

Im not a fan of the 3 year deal at all I was just surmising why it ended up being that length of contract.  One year with an option for me.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Im not a fan of the 3 year deal at all I was just surmising why it ended up being that length of contract.  One year with an option for me.

Yeh totally agree with that mate. Bit of a risk. Hopefully be more than good enough for this level though. 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You will be right, it's the down side of the league we are in that we have to offer longer deals to get players to drop down a league. Just hope for once we are not seeing the annual "we have come to an agreement to terminate the contract of" or in other words paying them to f**k off cause they have been shite.