The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You were the one going on about how Rawlins was going to make money from his investment by channeling players to and from us through his sports agency.

It was nonsense then and its nonsense now.

Rawlins is driving the club down to as low a value as possible. He will increase his stake alright but at the bottom of the market.

That will come though the only worthless asset FFC have part share in a stadium. They will buy out the other stakeholders and own the stadium outright buying the surrounding land at the same time. They then hold all the cards and can ask their price to be bought out. By having a land asset rich club and a massive return on their investment.

They cant buy out the stadium or land outright as the club doesn't own it.  They would have to buy it from the Council and it won't be cheap.

I honestly dont know what their strategy is...but I certainly am very wary about handing over the keys to the football club to someone with no connection to Falkirk or FFC, as Deans and the rest of the BoD have done. Precedent tells me it will all end in tears with us fans having to dig deep to get the club back or keep it alive.

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The Board have consistently talked about a 3 legged stool, encouraging other investment. If they sell shares then to retain 26% Rawlins would need to put more money in. Of course he is no obliged to. They can’t say they want investment and not think about the consequences of what they say. 

They can say they want investment and then knock back £600k !  The three legged stool has just fallen over.

42 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You were the one going on about how Rawlins was going to make money from his investment by channeling players to and from us through his sports agency.

It was nonsense then and its nonsense now.

Rawlins is driving the club down to as low a value as possible. He will increase his stake alright but at the bottom of the market.

That will come though the only worthless asset FFC have part share in a stadium. They will buy out the other stakeholders and own the stadium outright buying the surrounding land at the same time. They then hold all the cards and can ask their price to be bought out. By having a land asset rich club and a massive return on their investment.

It was someone else that brought up the player investment side of things not me.  I've no idea what his motives are but surely if that was true we'd actually see evidence of these players.  And again we don't have a share in the bloody stadium. We have a long term lease and own none of it. I keep telling you that but you keep ignoring it.    

48 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Leon McCann's name has been mentioned in the Airdrie thread as rumoured to be joining us. A left back who has been their young player of the year two seasons running and has lots of experience in this league. Brilliant signing, if true.

Probably just due to him being mentioned in here quite a few times but I'd be delighted if it was true. We were rumoured to be after Josh Kerr from them last summer too, wouldn't mind him aswell.

Just now, matthew1876 said:

Kane O’Connor released by Brentford, any truth in him coming to us?

Straight from the donkeys mouth. His dads, sisters, cousin's, brother's, nephew heard through his post man that he was coming here.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It was someone else that brought up the player investment side of things not me.  I've no idea what his motives are but surely if that was true we'd actually see evidence of these players.  And again we don't have a share in the bloody stadium. We have a long term lease and own none of it. I keep telling you that but you keep ignoring it.    

Not according the Community Stadium Company who I asked.

Apart from the council owned car park & 4 story office complex FFC own the rest. Who owns what within FFC is a different matter and generally agreed a dogs breakfast.

What the problem is you keep telling me different but it departs from reality.

59 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

On a serious front I'd take a couple of young centre back's in to play and learn with Dixon as he's very good at leading the defence.

Nostalgia is all we have at the moment. Someone mentioned ‘Budgie’ Setterington but the late 70s / 80s was a boom time for young centre backs at Falkirk.

Brian Irvine, Roddy Manley, Gary Gillespie, Brian Martin. Even Stewart Wheatley and John Kennedy for gods sake!

Edited by HonestAl

Know someone down at the stadium today for a first aid course and he's let me know he's seen a follically challenged man holding a scarf above his head. Could be absolutely nothing, could be something.

------------------

False alarm, he reckons it's Sheerin.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not according the Community Stadium Company who I asked.

Apart from the council owned car park & 4 story office complex FFC own the rest. Who owns what within FFC is a different matter and generally agreed a dogs breakfast.

What the problem is you keep telling me different but it departs from reality.

I've just finished Martin Ritchie's book and he did mentioned that the footballing facilities in the main stand (and North Stand?) are on a lease for 175 years or so. I'm sure it mentions that we fully own the pitch however. 

26 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Nostalgia is all we have at the moment. Someone mentioned ‘Budgie’ Setterington but the late 70s / 80s was a boom time for young centre backs at Falkirk.

Brian Irvine, Roddy Manley, Gary Gillespie, Brian Martin. Even Stewart Wheatley and John Kennedy for gods sake!

If memory serves me right we sold Roddy Manley to St Mirren and built a new wall along the back of Cooperage Lane with the dosh. We missed a trick there, we could have sold Durnan and Hall and bought a brick for the 4th stand.

36 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Brian Brown and Allan Mackin also.

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

They cant buy out the stadium or land outright as the club doesn't own it.  They would have to buy it from the Council and it won't be cheap.

I honestly dont know what their strategy is...but I certainly am very wary about handing over the keys to the football club to someone with no connection to Falkirk or FFC, as Deans and the rest of the BoD have done. Precedent tells me it will all end in tears with us fans having to dig deep to get the club back or keep it alive.

TBF something has to be done about the stadium ownership sooner or later, for the club to be successful they need the stadium & surrounding facilities to work for them 7 days a week, (over and above the pitch hire )  including restoring the once popular 5 aside pitches that the council neglected, introducing parking charges for those visiting the helix etc, provision or renting of catering facilities when pitches are used for children's football  (ie when parents are all buzzing about) 

matchday revenue , prize/broadcasting (all the same in scotland) and transfers are not enough

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

40 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Know someone down at the stadium today for a first aid course and he's let me know he's seen a follically challenged man holding a scarf above his head. Could be absolutely nothing, could be something.

------------------

False alarm, he reckons it's Sheerin.

Sammon U-Turn

18 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Hark now hear the Falkirk sing, the Fifers ran away and we will fight forever more because of big John Hay.

that was when we had a proper choir.

some of the songs were brilliant.