The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Just don't even think about going with the checked light blue one that was a monstrosity of a home strip

It's maybe an idea but this was something I came across in Scandinavia. Clubs play in a kit plastered in sponsor logos, but it is also possible to buy a shirt without it. It makes the shirt a bit more acceptable to wear imho.

On Brad McKay, I think he'll be fine in League One, he's played against Premiership and Championship strikers for the last 5 years and won't be playing close to that quality in League One.  If you keep him at CB he'll do a job.  

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

On Brad McKay, I think he'll be fine in League One, he's played against Premiership and Championship strikers for the last 5 years and won't be playing close to that quality in League One.  If you keep him at CB he'll do a job.  

We've tried using that phrase the last two seasons and it hasn't quite worked. 

"He's shite but he'll be fine in this league'

Something I've not seen mentioned yet is that with our move into Tier 1 yesterday it now permits fans in stadium up to 1000.

Fingers crossed meaning that by the time the group stage games come around a few of us will be back in the stadium saying "f**k sake" 70 times across the 90 minutes.

32 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

It's maybe an idea but this was something I came across in Scandinavia. Clubs play in a kit plastered in sponsor logos, but it is also possible to buy a shirt without it. It makes the shirt a bit more acceptable to wear imho.

Quite like that idea.

However if the mooted shirt for next season is navy blue with a vertical white pinstripe, as I saw in a mock up, then I wont be buying that... logo or no.

The picture I saw makes the chequer board shirt look amazingly good..... it's as bad as that.

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Something I've not seen mentioned yet is that with our move into Tier 1 yesterday it now permits fans in stadium up to 1000.

Fingers crossed meaning that by the time the group stage games come around a few of us will be back in the stadium saying "f**k sake" 70 times across the 90 minutes.

Ooh, things will be looking up then?

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Has anything happened that we couldn't have done before Rawlins appeared though? The signings and manager are at exactly the same level as you'd expect from us and that we've been at for the past two years.  I'm just not seeing anything new. For a guy with so many contacts and experience of clubs in the US and England he's probably never heard of sheerin or hetherington or Williamson.  Am I the only one that wants a bit more from this boy that now seems to be running our club? What's he bringing to the table apart from 300k?

I know what you mean Shadwell. I wanted Zidane as manager with Aguero & Kane up front, but what do we get instead, exactly what we expected.

It's one of those "proving the unprovables" though. Our recruitment has been pitiful for years now with players fans thought would be great turning out to be dugmeat (Alston, Tidser etc). Now we're seeing what appear to be solid signings and some folk are not happy. Give them a chance. Make the call on Holt's recruitment at Christmas by the earliest. 

Otherwise it just looks like folk are complaining for the sake of complaining. Gies peace eh?

3 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Anyhoo - 59 days to the new season (feeling groovy). Also the number of beads on a rosary - not that we're all praying for better, oh no. 

Petition to change this magnificent countdown to the first league cup game rather than league game - a month or so til I’m back in a stadium makes me happy (until I get there) 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Has anything happened that we couldn't have done before Rawlins appeared though? The signings and manager are at exactly the same level as you'd expect from us and that we've been at for the past two years.  I'm just not seeing anything new. For a guy with so many contacts and experience of clubs in the US and England he's probably never heard of sheerin or hetherington or Williamson.  Am I the only one that wants a bit more from this boy that now seems to be running our club? What's he bringing to the table apart from 300k?

You were the one going on about how Rawlins was going to make money from his investment by channeling players to and from us through his sports agency.

It was nonsense then and its nonsense now.

Rawlins is driving the club down to as low a value as possible. He will increase his stake alright but at the bottom of the market.

That will come though the only worthless asset FFC have part share in a stadium. They will buy out the other stakeholders and own the stadium outright buying the surrounding land at the same time. They then hold all the cards and can ask their price to be bought out. By having a land asset rich club and a massive return on their investment.

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Petition to change this magnificent countdown to the first league cup game rather than league game - a month or so til I’m back in a stadium makes me happy (until I get there) 

naw - pre season diddy cup games don't count. 

4 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m no expert so please correct me if I’m wrong but is number 3 not a massive stumbling block? Why would Rawlins want to invest another £170k to have the same stake as he does currently and have less control?

The Board have consistently talked about a 3 legged stool, encouraging other investment. If they sell shares then to retain 26% Rawlins would need to put more money in. Of course he is no obliged to. They can’t say they want investment and not think about the consequences of what they say. 

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Why has a milking stool only got 3 legs? 'coz the cow's got the udder.

One for the Q&A at the end of May.......

Guest Peter LaFleur

Leon McCann's name has been mentioned in the Airdrie thread as rumoured to be joining us. A left back who has been their young player of the year two seasons running and has lots of experience in this league. Brilliant signing, if true.