The Falkirk FC Thread

The worst FFC strip by a country mile.
Wasn't it chosen by Fulston's daughter or is my memory failing me? 
A rich man's play thing eh, never again?    
That is what I remember getting mentioned in the past. Something to do with a college course or similar

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If a 2 from the current board, the Rawlins, 2 from the investment plus a fans rep and independent chairman is not a balanced ticket that recognises 5 principles I don’t what is.

1. Retains the seats the Rawlins have

2. Gives continuity with 2 of the current board still there ensuring some of the foundations already in place are not torn up. 

3. Gives a balance with the Rawlins investment (remember to retain his 26% he would need to invest another 160-170k) 

4. Brings fans representation back to the club

5. brings a new chairman in to ensure that all sides pull together for the benefit of the club and giving the club the fresh start it needs and deserves

All that and the club get best part of 750k as a result. if that is bull in a China shop so be it. 

I’m no expert so please correct me if I’m wrong but is number 3 not a massive stumbling block? Why would Rawlins want to invest another £170k to have the same stake as he does currently and have less control?

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m no expert so please correct me if I’m wrong but is number 3 not a massive stumbling block? Why would Rawlins want to invest another £170k to have the same stake as he does currently and have less control?

To provide substantial external investment/working capital and add additional human expertise/local business knowledge of benefit to the business he is the major shareholder in and should want to see succeed and out grow its competitors maybe?! As a director he actually has a duty by law to take decisions only in the best interests of the business.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Why did they issue all those new shares?

if anyone buys them then the Rawlins will automatically have their stake diluted and have to invest more if they want to maintain 26%. 

2 hours ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Could be worse, we could have just appointed Billy Fucking Dodds as manager....Inverness to plummet 

Agreed. I appreciate Collins and Levein are the top diddymen of Scottish football, but Dodds isn't far behind them tbh.

6 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Why did they issue all those new shares?

if anyone buys them then the Rawlins will automatically have their stake diluted and have to invest more if they want to maintain 26%. 

New share issue will allow the Rawlins to maintain their grip should some Group form within existing shareholders to re-take control. Remember the Board decides who can buy. They are the Board. 

Edited by Zbairn
Text

11 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Don’t you think that maybe this all a bit premature?

I think you’re all working yourselves up into a froth before actually seeing what’s in store.

So far, I’m quite happy with the coach choice plus the two new signings.

You may  be correct but let’s give the new regime a fair crack of the whip.

Has anything happened that we couldn't have done before Rawlins appeared though? The signings and manager are at exactly the same level as you'd expect from us and that we've been at for the past two years.  I'm just not seeing anything new. For a guy with so many contacts and experience of clubs in the US and England he's probably never heard of sheerin or hetherington or Williamson.  Am I the only one that wants a bit more from this boy that now seems to be running our club? What's he bringing to the table apart from 300k?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We scored about 30 goals in the first 6 games immediately after Dodds came on board.

I've heard numerous times he's a brilliant strikers' coach.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I've heard numerous times he's a brilliant strikers' coach.

I just hope he's as good at coaching other areas.  If he get's our strikers firing then we should be good.

Edited by TheScarf

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We scored about 30 goals in the first 6 games immediately after Dodds came on board.

Your record under him and McCann was mediocre at best. Barring a good result in the cup it was nothing special at all . 6 wins in 17 matches? Nothing to shout about.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Your record under him and McCann was mediocre at best. Barring a good result in the cup it was nothing special at all . 6 wins in 17 matches? Nothing to shout about.

Of course, those 17 matches played in about 7 weeks after a 6 week lay off.

17 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

New share issue will allow the Rawlins to maintain their grip should some Group form within existing shareholders to re-take control. Remember the Board decides who can buy. They are the Board. 

Exactly. Deans has allowed Rawlins to get a grip on our club for peanuts and it's not going to be easy getting that changed now.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Of course, those 17 matches played in about 7 weeks after a 6 week lay off.

And?  Every club had issues at one stage or another last season.  Dodds might do alright who knows. You never know what these guys will be like to you give them a go. Might be brilliant might be a disaster . Sheerin is the same although I suppose he has got a bit of previous experience in the top job do will know what it's like.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

And?  Every club had issues at one stage or another last season.  Dodds might do alright who knows. You never know what these guys will be like to you give them a go. Might be brilliant might be a disaster . Sheerin is the same although I suppose he has got a bit of previous experience in the top job do will know what it's like.

Our rivals......didn't have to play 40 games in 5 weeks after a un-arranged 6 week winter break?  At one point Hearts and Dunfermline had played 4 and 5 games more than us respectively. Dundee I think 3 and then 4 at one point.  Dodds and McCann both said at the time they's never worked like that before.  We ran out of steam as any club with that ridiculous schedule would have done.