The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Latest club tweet hopefully relieving Shadwell’s blood pressure ever so slightly.

It wasn't him signing that I was wondering about as that seems to have been a fine deal for months now. It was simply why unlike other clubs we don't announce pre contract agreements that's all.

1 minute ago, MetalWolf said:

did we not announce the pre-contract of Tidser?  I have a feeling we did and then it almost fell through.... in hindsight would have been better had it fallen through.

Don't think it was ever officially announced by the club.

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Any idea how much longer we need to put up with Puma? They have been honking since 2015 IMO.

Would love a wee Hummel or Macron number.

I'm just waiting on a retro firm getting more of the white hummel Beazer Homes 92 kit in. That along with the 1970's yellow Bukta kits were my favourite of all time.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm just waiting on a retro firm getting more of the white hummel Beazer Homes 92 kit in. That along with the 1970's yellow Bukta kits were my favourite of all time.

If its FC retro who were selling through facebook, I got he white hummel one and its a good effort. probably as close as you could get to the real deal. 

Just now, latapythelegend said:

If its FC retro who were selling through facebook, I got he white hummel one and its a good effort. probably as close as you could get to the real deal. 

Yeah it is. They only have the blue left but I emailed the boy and he's expecting more white in soon. I had the original back in the day but stupidly I never hung onto any of my tops. Used to wear them to 5's until they were knacked then just binned them.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

This is the only new Puma effort i've seen for next season. Typically they only vary between a few templates for diddy clubs.

Peterborough United 2021-22 Puma Home Kit | 21/22 Kits | Football shirt blog (footballshirtculture.com)

Fucking honking. 

That top is rank rotten, would much rather just have plain navy blue with a bit white or red on the collar and sleeve trim than all that shite across the front.

4 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

This is our puma effort for the coming season 

home_kit_202122_puma.jpg

Quite a basic template but beats all these stupid designs any day. That in navy and white would be just fine for Falkirk. 

In normal navy and white with a decent looking sponsor I reckon I'd be happy. Maybe just take away the flashes at the bottom so it is navy all the way down. Less is more sometimes as they say.

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Of course not. With the 26% they have, and a guarantee that the 2 MSG big hitters won’t ever go against the Board, they control the club completely, and have a board that is made up entirely of yes men. No need to invest any more money into it. They probably can’t believe their luck.

Would not say it’s 100% certain SA or MR will blindly follow the Rawlins if it came to an EGM. They both very much have they’re own minds.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

47 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Couldn't give a monkey's about the strip this season, it's what's in them I'm more concerned about.

Strips are vital to a team's performance.

1990/91- cracker. 1993/94 - Magnificent. 2015/16 - beauty in extremis.

On the other side, look at the limp, too much white 2009/10 number. Result, relegation. Or the close but no cigar 2019/20 one. Or the DISGUSTAN 20/21 abomination that was so bad I am actually glad we never won the league, because I would have been nauseous at such a dreadful affair being pictured collecting the trophy.

This is all science, you know.

43 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

This is the only new Puma effort i've seen for next season. Typically they only vary between a few templates for diddy clubs.

Peterborough United 2021-22 Puma Home Kit | 21/22 Kits | Football shirt blog (footballshirtculture.com)

Fucking honking. 

That is absolutely horrendous. 2009/10 memories come roaring back.