The Falkirk FC Thread

As others have said, this year will be a big test of exactly what the Rawlins plans are and whether they're likely to move us forward.  

I have no affiliation with the board whatsoever (or any fans group) but I said previously it was naive to expect the Rawlins to allow the fans group to have parity before they'd had a chance to do what they originally bought into the club to do.  

If the fans group had invested 12 months ago or been prepared to negotiate their red lines then things could have been different but the Rawlins got their first  so are not likely to want to dilute their influence before they've had the chance to do things their way.    Don't forget, they're only here because the fans backed their investment.  

I get how in black and white the value of the fans group investment should allow them to have a say but things are not always so straightforward and both timing and demands made are important.  

Overall what I've heard about the fans group on here is positive and hopefully a safety net if things go tits up but some of the whinging on here doesn't do the fans group any favours, and the bull in china shop approach is very unlikely to get any of the current board onside.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

32 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

As others have said, this year will be a big test of exactly what the Rawlins plans are and whether they're likely to move us forward.  

I have no affiliation with the board whatsoever (or any fans group) but I said previously it was naive to expect the Rawlins to allow the fans group to have parity before they'd had a chance to do what they originally bought into the club to do.  

If the fans group had invested 12 months ago or been prepared to negotiate their red lines then things could have been different but the Rawlins got their first  so are not likely to want to dilute their influence before they've had the chance to do things their way.    Don't forget, they're only here because the fans backed their investment.  

I get how in black and white the value of the fans group investment should allow them to have a say but things are not always so straightforward and both timing and demands made are important.  

Overall what I've heard about the fans group on here is positive and hopefully a safety net if things go tits up but some of the whinging on here doesn't do the fans group any favours, and the bull in china shop approach is very unlikely to get any of the current board onside.  

I know people in the fans group and although I’m not privileged to know exactly how the negotiations were held, suggesting it was a bull in a China shop approach is unfair?

As far as I’m aware they put forward a good reasonable proposal and their requests were gradually refused till eventually they were dismissed with petulant disregard. 

What would be helpful though is if the patrons themselves could release a statement stating a bit more about what occurred. Think it would be good for fans to see rather than hearing it second hand. 

I think what's went on with the fans group when people have posted about it comes as a bit of a bull in a china shop(I admit reading it that way as well) , but by what's been put above they (out Board of Directors) have done the same as what happened with Kenny Jamieson and the proposals for fan ownership gave them a load of criteria then basically fobbing them off to entertaining the coffee baron  (Mark Campbell )to meet and as they have met each criteria they have basically fobbed it off.  Cash is king but obviously in this cash as far as dealing with our BoD goes it isn't.

60 days to the start of the new season.  It takes 60 days between a drinks can arriving at a recycling centre and it appearing back on the shelf in the supermarket.

Do you think if we dumped Alston, Hall and Francis there we could get one decent player back? 

4 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

60 days to the start of the new season.  It takes 60 days between a drinks can arriving at a recycling centre and it appearing back on the shelf in the supermarket.

Do you think if we dumped Alston, Hall and Francis there we could get one decent player back? 

Could get a more than decent player for what Alston and sammon combined would have been on I'd imagine. 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

This fans group did try and invest previously. When mark Campbell appeared on the scene and the fan ownership got sent packing these patrons  offered to buy the club then but were knocked back for that clown. They have been about as a group well before Rawlins ever appeared.

3 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Exactly right; except now they need to fund the shortfall in season ticket sales, sponsorship and the likely refund we are all due as season ticket holders for last season when the games were drastically reduced. I've see one calculation that puts the refund due as between £150K and £180K; I've also seen correspondence from the Trading Standards sent to all clubs in April confirming refunds are a legal requirement.  I for one will be asking for a refund, or shares, as well as a GIRUY for last seasons 'gift' - refund or shares for them too please. The tone deaf treatment of the CI and the £600k investment is enough for me. This is Deans and Fulston territory now.

This has alway sbeen my main cause for concern..... and Gary Deans, along with the rest of the supliant Board members, have handed them the key to the club.

6 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Happy its over the line. 

That graphic also reminded me that we are having a light blue away kit next year. Heard it a few weeks back. That will make a nice change.

the home one is horrific

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, sick boy said:

the home one is horrific

Williamson will feel he’s back at Dunfermline.

1 minute ago, sick boy said:

the home one is horrific

Is it still Puma with Central Demolition as sponsor. To be fair I though both last seasons home and away were absolutely ganting. Never been a fan of red away tops, white every day for me.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Is it still Puma with Central Demolition as sponsor. To be fair I though both last seasons home and away were absolutely ganting. Never been a fan of red away tops, white every day for me.

Far as I'd been led to believe central dem had given up their sponsorship.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Every other club does it that's all. Just wondered why we don't. Nothing else to it.

did we not announce the pre-contract of Tidser?  I have a feeling we did and then it almost fell through.... in hindsight would have been better had it fallen through.