The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We seem to have had folk on pre contracts for a while and yet not announced anything which is strange considering the fans need a huge lift.

Think there will be a few announced tomorrow.

Guest Peter LaFleur
14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye but you wonder why they weren't announced as soon as they were signed.

Yer some man Shadwell. Is it not better Sheerin has been given time to vet and approve these signatures rather than announce them before he was even announced? I’m sure you were roaring before about Holt signing these players without the actual managers say so.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

3 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Yer some man Shadwell. Is it not better Sheerin has been given time to vet and approve these signatures rather than announce them before he was announced? I’m sure you were roaring before about Holt signing these without the actual managers say so.

If Shadders didn't have something to moan about his life would have no purpose. Give him a break.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Rocco said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t they starting early in preparation for the winter World Cup in 2022?

Yeh could be. 

20 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Yer some man Shadwell. Is it not better Sheerin has been given time to vet and approve these signatures rather than announce them before he was even announced? I’m sure you were roaring before about Holt signing these players without the actual managers say so.

The boy from Partick supposedly signed a pre contract in January but nothing has ever been announced. Just seems strange as most clubs can't wait to announce they've signed players.

The boy from Partick supposedly signed a pre contract in January but nothing has ever been announced. Just seems strange as most clubs can't wait to announce they've signed players.

To be fair, we never officially announced that Tidser had signed a pre contract either. Maybe the club doesn’t announce them, as both the club and player can easily get out of it. Would be embarrassing if they’d announced weeks ago that Williamson had signed a pre contract, to then announce that he was no longer coming

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

To be fair, we never officially announced that Tidser had signed a pre contract either. Maybe the club doesn’t announce them, as both the club and player can easily get out of it. Would be embarrassing if they’d announced weeks ago that Williamson had signed a pre contract, to then announce that he was no longer coming

Tidser one had a clause in it regarding relegation which I presume was why it was never announced properly. Williamson one may have a promotion one I suppose but it still seems likely he's coming.

35 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Presume the Rawlins never increased their shareholding last night, as was mooted on here? 

Of course not. With the 26% they have, and a guarantee that the 2 MSG big hitters won’t ever go against the Board, they control the club completely, and have a board that is made up entirely of yes men. No need to invest any more money into it. They probably can’t believe their luck.

Guest Caractacus Potts
15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Of course not. With the 26% they have, and a guarantee that the 2 MSG big hitters won’t ever go against the Board, they control the club completely, and have a board that is made up entirely of yes men. No need to invest any more money into it. They probably can’t believe their luck.

Is that a definite that they can no longer increase to 45% then?

I’ve been trying to read what I can on it but don’t have a huge clue so forgive me if I’m wrong but can the fans group not just buy the shares that remain unsold and then the shares of the remaining MSG(if they’ll sell)? What that not give them the power to change the board? 

13 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Is that a definite that they can no longer increase to 45% then?

I’ve been trying to read what I can on it but don’t have a huge clue so forgive me if I’m wrong but can the fans group not just buy the shares that remain unsold and then the shares of the remaining MSG(if they’ll sell)? What that not give them the power to change the board? 

Any sale of shares needs ratified by the bod and with deans and Rawlins aligned they won't allow any individual to gain more shares than them that's for sure. Thats how he's now got control for very little capital .

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Any sale of shares needs ratified by the bod and with deans and Rawlins aligned they won't allow any individual to gain more shares than them that's for sure. Thats how he's now got control for very little capital .

Wouldn't there be the chance that the fans/investors could take up the shares that were/are on sale though and if the shareholders happen to merge then surely that would allow a bit more control ?

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Wouldn't there be the chance that the fans/investors could take up the shares that were/are on sale though and if the shareholders happen to merge then surely that would allow a bit more control ?

Again every sale has to be ratified by the bod.  You can't just walk up to.the club shop and buy them. You need to fill in an application form etc and then the bod says yeah or nay..  Plus whose going to hand over hundreds of thousands of pounds to deans and Rawlins to spend with no say at board level?  Deans is the main issue here. He should be acting in the best interests of the club and not the best interests of Rawlins.  He represents the other 74 percent of shares in his mind but is just a puppet for Rawlins.

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Exactly right; except now they need to fund the shortfall in season ticket sales, sponsorship and the likely refund we are all due as season ticket holders for last season when the games were drastically reduced. I've see one calculation that puts the refund due as between £150K and £180K; I've also seen correspondence from the Trading Standards sent to all clubs in April confirming refunds are a legal requirement.  I for one will be asking for a refund, or shares, as well as a GIRUY for last seasons 'gift' - refund or shares for them too please. The tone deaf treatment of the CI and the £600k investment is enough for me. This is Deans and Fulston territory now.

Edited by Brockvillenomore

Why on earth would the club announce pre contracts? These are just notices of intent and not binding. Would you have 4 guys standing with scarfs at the stadium for a big reveal that have not even signed yet? A better offer comes along and then they take that one since we are basically advertising their availability as well? I get that you have a gripe with a lot Shadwell but having a go for not announcing possible contracts is just bizarre. 

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Why on earth would the club announce pre contracts? These are just notices of intent and not binding. Would you have 4 guys standing with scarfs at the stadium for a big reveal that have not even signed yet? A better offer comes along and then they take that one since we are basically advertising their availability as well? I get that you have a gripe with a lot Shadwell but having a go for not announcing possible contracts is just bizarre. 

Every other club does it that's all. Just wondered why we don't. Nothing else to it.