The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Do we really want to take another former player back - remember Loy and Alston - just a thought it rarely works second time round ( with the exception of Crunchie that is 

Mcallister, Kerr, Miller, Yogi, Kevin James!

That took me seconds and there are probably loads more but it’s not always a failure bring an ex player back 

Edited by Ecosse83

Guest Peter LaFleur
25 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Do we really want to take another former player back - remember Loy and Alston - just a thought it rarely works second time round ( with the exception of Crunchie that is 

It’s totally dependent on the player and I don’t think you can dismiss them just because previous ex-players haven’t worked out. McManus is a proven league 1 goalscorer and I’d be all for him coming back. He’d be the same player who left us. 

It was widely reported before joining about Alston’s injury problems whereas Loy I feel we were just unlucky with his circumstances. If he hadn’t got injured on the first league game it may have been different?

Edited by Peter LaFleur

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

I still think he’s good enough to play centre half and I’d happily see him being a starter in there. I’d rather see him in the middle than Hall if he is the other option

I'd like to see a new centrehalf partnership. Dixon is 34 and is just coming back off a bad injury.  I wouldn't want to be putting all my money on him  lasting a full 36 game season.

16 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

And Crawf

Is that it for today then? 1 measly contract extension?

61 days to the start of the new season. It took 61 days to administer the first hundred million Covid vaccinations worldwide. It took 5 days to administer the next hundred million. 

Supporting Falkirk feels like an illness just now - is there a vaccination available?

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Is that it for today then? 1 measly contract extension?

61 days to the start of the new season. It took 61 days to administer the first hundred million Covid vaccinations worldwide. It took 5 days to administer the next hundred million. 

Supporting Falkirk feels like an illness just now - is there a vaccination available?

You’d think with Holt in since January, we’d have a lot of players identified and ready to do deals. Maybe had to wait on the manager coming in first though to give him final decision. 

Noticed too that Gary Deans Q and A was supposed to be at the end of this month...

Guest Ecosse83

Don’t a lot of players contracts expire today? Maybe need to wait until then to put pen to paper on deals with us! 

14 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

You’d think with Holt in since January, we’d have a lot of players identified and ready to do deals. Maybe had to wait on the manager coming in first though to give him final decision. 

Noticed too that Gary Deans Q and A was supposed to be at the end of this month...

Let’s hope the Q and A can be done publicly and not over zoom. If it does need to happen virtually an independent journalist type person needs to be brought in to chair it and collect/deliver the questions similar to how the last AGM was handled. One of the Rawlins should be present as well, time we saw some action or meaningful investment from this guy!  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Let’s hope it can be done publicly and not over zoom. If it does need to happen virtually an independent journalist type person needs to be brought in to chair it and collect/deliver the questions similar to how the last AGM was handled.   

Yeh, definitely shouldn’t allow them to stage manage it in any way possible. Need to be willing to be asked the tough questions. 

33 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I think we do. Don’t think it’s been a brilliantly kept secret that there’s  at least 4 ready to walk in the door. We’ll be waiting on contracts expiring. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
16 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I think we do. Don’t think it’s been a brilliantly kept secret that there’s  at least 4 ready to walk in the door. We’ll be waiting on contracts expiring. 

Yeh would seem most likely. Early doors yet. To be honest I’m surprised the new season is starting so early with the Euros being on. 

Yeh would seem most likely. Early doors yet. To be honest I’m surprised the new season is starting so early with the Euros being on. 

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t they starting early in preparation for the winter World Cup in 2022?

6 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

If we’ve missed out on Dick (ooh matron etc) we should be going for McCann at Airdrie.

He's under 23 so would have to pay compensation if we wanted him as I assume Airdrie will have offered him a new deal.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Surely get a few signings or re-signings announced tomorrow given contracts with existing clubs in Scotland should be up.

Agree. As someone said earlier, there’s no way BainsfordBairn was in today just to take Paul Dixon’s photo. I expect a few announcements tomorrow. 

54 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's under 23 so would have to pay compensation if we wanted him as I assume Airdrie will have offered him a new deal.

Only been there permanently for a year wouldn’t be much in compensation and he definitely has a higher ceiling than league 1.