The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

No one has any sort of vested interests to the current board, the thing is until the grand plan comes to fruition or we know more other than the current board are ego driven and treating the fans in contempt. We are just speculating what might be the agenda for Rawlings investment other than someone or the current board are mischief making between supporters/investors groups and the Rawlings (divide and conquer). Fan group states heres our investment deans thinks he's onto a winner then see's the caveat for the investment and finds out he has to give up his and his pals hospitality, runs back tells Rawlings they want to take over the club they want to replace us blah blah.  As mentioned previously as well theres no guarantee that things would go smoothly with fans running it, your still going to have board issues (although i would feel a lot better if it was) 

Rocking up with 600k of investment in exchange for 3 of the BoD stepping down isnt the greatest way to get something you want though, a bit of their stance your stance and work your way to a solution that works for both parties here are our red lines, theres your red lines, what are you will to give in exchange its not difficult just some folk are going to have to lose the ego on the current board.

There are definitely people on here with vested interests.  The only interest I have is as a peripheral member of the orginal Back the Bairns Group. I remember what it was like to nearly have lost our club due to non-Falkirk owners who considered the club a plaything.

From what I gather and read on here, the Navy Blue investment guys wanted parity with the Rawlins, but were stumping up double the cash the Rawlins paid in. Certain members of the Board have decided that they don't want to move on, even if it is in the best interests of the club. 

I agree that there is no guarantee the investors would run the club any better..... but if it does go pear shaped, I'd rather vent my anger at those who are sitting in the stand than 5000 miles away and dont give a toss, particularly when they have managed to get their hands on the club for a relative pittance.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I couldn't stomach someone as ugly as Declan McManus playing for my team.

Trust me we've tried the sexy method with Hartley's team, i'd take a team of the ugliest boys going if they could actually play football, which for Falkirk right now is the standard. 

I’d be stunned if we somehow got McManus back. Surely if he was leaving they wouldn’t have had him model their new home kit?

Like you, I don’t believe there is any chance he’ll be back, but Morton got Harkins to model their new kit and within a few weeks he was off to QOS

Every player being signed in the first 11 pick needs to be of a top Championship standard and signed on a minimum of a 2 yr deal.

This would get the players invested in the club being promoted rather than having half a team who are not food enough to step up a league and have a vested interest in not being promoted.

Then you can have a mix of good 1st div players and youth to make up the numbers. Some of these guys will improve by playing with better players and if they don't then they can leave at the ens of the season (assume we get promoted)

It would also bring some stability to the coaches and manager (or whatever he's called these days).

Every player being signed in the first 11 pick needs to be of a top Championship standard and signed on a minimum of a 2 yr deal.
This would get the players invested in the club being promoted rather than having half a team who are not food enough to step up a league and have a vested interest in not being promoted.
Then you can have a mix of good 1st div players and youth to make up the numbers. Some of these guys will improve by playing with better players and if they don't then they can leave at the ens of the season (assume we get promoted)
It would also bring some stability to the coaches and manager (or whatever he's called these days).

Not sure if you seen what McKinnon did but it was exactly what you’ve described. We need to sign players who can make a team to win this level and if we go up, then worry about having a team to compete in the championship

40 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Like you, I don’t believe there is any chance he’ll be back, but Morton got Harkins to model their new kit and within a few weeks he was off to QOS

Didn't something like that happen with Maurice Johnston in 1989, involving two obscure clubs in Strathclyde? I think it was in the papers :P

6 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Me too....as longs as he stays injury free..

He’s only had one injury which made him miss the last 6/7 league games.

Season before playing 90 mins in 27/28 games.

He's a good squad player Dixon can cover two positions. Think his time as a starter is hopefully up though. We need younger legs at fullback and centrehalf. Good guy to have around the squad though.

I still think he’s good enough to play centre half and I’d happily see him being a starter in there. I’d rather see him in the middle than Hall if he is the other option

Has someone actually heard a rumour about McManus or have they just made it up to add a bit of life to the thread

He did put some cryptic messages on his Instagram story the other week, but at the moment there is nothing to say he’s coming to us and I doubt there will be

Guest Peter LaFleur

I know the original poster said Alston but just for discussion would you swap McManus for Morrison? That’s possibly a move that is more realistic and I’d be all for it.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

4 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I know the original poster said Alston but just for discussion would you swap McManus for Morrison? That’s possibly a move that is more realistic and I’d be all for it.

Do we really want to take another former player back - remember Loy and Alston - just a thought it rarely works second time round ( with the exception of Crunchie that is 

27 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Has someone actually heard a rumour about McManus or have they just made it up to add a bit of life to the thread

I mentioned it earlier, not trying to be ITK or anything like that just purely passing on info I was given by my mate who’s a big pars man.

He’s not the type to tell me anything without any substance so I’d imagine it’s at least been looked at. 

Alston the other way is a strange one but might take a wage cut to be nearer home, pretty sure he lives in Dunfermline so wouldn’t be a crazy move. 

Edited by FalkirkLad