The Falkirk FC Thread

16 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Alston's Tidsered it really. What a garbage season. He looks completely done.

Same boat as Loy, Tidser at least had a few decent games

4 hours ago, Wee Jockie said:

Why on Earth would Young want to transfer from a goodish division 1 side to another?
Touch of realism needed

Are you suggesting Young doesn't want to go to a full time football club ?

A bit early for drink or.........

If he gets offered any full time gig, he'll be gone yesterday

Guest Peter LaFleur
24 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Putting aside the shambles of the club I’m glad it’s going to be done next year. Hopefully get a proper build up with fans in the ground and celebrate it with no restrictions and a full south stand.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Doesn’t read well. The sooner the BoD realise that our club needs the fans on board the better. They seem hell bent on hacking us off at every step just now. We’re a provincial club not a big corporation. We don’t need all these financial people running the club.

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Putting aside the shambles of the club I’m glad it’s going to be done next year. Hopefully get a proper build up with fans in the ground and celebrate it with no restrictions and a full south stand.

Hopefully deans and his squad of incompetents nowhere to be seen too.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hopefully deans and his squad of incompetents nowhere to be seen too.

Yes, but maybe there’s another side to this story?

Surely questions will be asked at the fan’s forum.

I, for one, would just like to hear the full story before coming to any conclusion.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, but maybe there’s another side to this story?

Surely questions will be asked at the fan’s forum.

I, for one, would just like to hear the full story before coming to any conclusion.

I've heard the full story. Not good at all.

Again I haven’t a clue about the ins and outs of what’s gone on here. But I do think planning for summer 2022 is a good idea. It doesn’t make sense imo to plan an event like this atm when no one has any idea when or if TFS will be back at full capacity.

Clearly it sounds like communication from the club could have been much better but I can understand them wanting to wait until all fans can attend before unveiling the signage. They may also have been focused on the end of the season and then finding a new manager.

Just a thought - could it be they see the naming rights for the South Stand as a sponsorship opportunity they can potentially sell every year, hence why they don't want to sell it to one group (us) in a one-off deal? 

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

Just a thought - could it be they see the naming rights for the South Stand as a sponsorship opportunity they can potentially sell every year, hence why they don't want to sell it to one group (us) in a one-off deal? 

It'll be the usual story of the club wanting someone else to do all the work before they try to swoop in and take it off their hands at the last minute.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Wouldn’t be surprising if that is what they’re thinking. Guess we’ll find out soon enough but surely it can still be the Kevin McAllister Stand with the sponsors name at the front? 

Also some things are worth more than money. Just rename the stadium or North Stand if that’s what they are planning. 

7 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

If the Board / the Rawlins keeps treating the fans like this there is a company in the States who would be ideal sponsors for the stand.

The Always Empty Stand.

image.jpeg.0f6645332d6f224b4b313684002220b3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

Even the most recently successful provincial club like us  in Scotland - St Johnstone - aren't selling any players for millions or any money at all.

We've taken in ~£1.7m in fees in the last 6/7 years, I'm sure.

Got ~£1.2m for May by the end, then ~£500k for O'Halloran, then last January got ~£50k for Matty Kennedy who was free to leave 6 months later.

Currently looking like we'll get £1.5m+ for two youth products in Kerr and McCann too.

18 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Could be.

All the more reason for this to be sorted out.

52 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Again I haven’t a clue about the ins and outs of what’s gone on here. But I do think planning for summer 2022 is a good idea. It doesn’t make sense imo to plan an event like this atm when no one has any idea when or if TFS will be back at full capacity.

Clearly it sounds like communication from the club could have been much better but I can understand them wanting to wait until all fans can attend before unveiling the signage. They may also have been focused on the end of the season and then finding a new manager.

Ermmmmm naw! The idea was to have it up and running for the start of next season. The BoD’s have bolloxed it with their constant obstacles and personal attacks on the guys.

From what I heard the CI guys wanted to completely walk, but then that would have also broken their agreement with Crunchie to get it done. The CI guys are doing the honourable thing in trying to keep it alive. Unfortunately I am not really sure Rawlins and the Board do. I think their last statement that indicated commitment was just to appease the fans and delay further.

Guest Peter LaFleur

As a fan who has zero connections to the board or to the fans group and little interest in board matters in general I’ve found this place absolutely poisonous to read over the past few weeks. Complete shit show as a perfect reflection what’s on the park. 
For me, there’s a few new posters on here that aren’t doing the fans group any favours with what’s becoming almost cult like behaviour. It’s better to just give the board the rope and they’ll do the rest. 

I’ll be waiting until the Q&A for some tough questions to be asked of the board as to why this never went through before forming a judgement. I believe that is only fair. Rawlins is literally just in the door and for them to make any money from the club we NEED to be successful on the park. The initial investment is possibly a small line on their portfolio and he won’t give a f**k but to say that for certain is pure assumption which is totally unfair.

I long for the day that the board room rambling isn’t a topic of discussion due to the success on the park. Hopefully throughout the next month we see positive signings and restrictions continue to ease which will see us back in grounds for the league cup games. I can’t wait to be back for a pre-match lager before getting behind the navy blue. An away day to Cove venting years of frustration out at Hartley whilst seeing double blitzed.

I’m sure this post will get hounded with people roaring for change but until I hear on record from both sides I’m not getting excited over 5/6 users on Pie and Bovril. For the record, I’m not pro Deans and posted previously I don’t feel he is the right man for the club and should have walked at the end of the season.

TLDR: COYB.

Edited by Peter LaFleur