The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

A few interesting comments in there.

"They don't want to be investors or owners" ? - They are now effectively the owners, blocking investment.

"Watch this space, that move will be coming" ? - You oviously have inside knowledge. Are you a Board Member privvy to this information ?

Access young blood from the English transfer market ? - where have we heard that before - Oh yeah, the Brentford model.  It's been tried at other clubs up here and failed miserably

Shrewdness ? - I would say more devious in the way he manipulated the shareholders (with the BoD's backing) to agree to increasing the shareholding of the club by almost double. That is not an attempt to just have a say in proceedings, that  is an attempt to take ownership by stealth.

If it all goes pear shaped...we the long suffering fans will be the ones who have to pick up the pieces again.... if we can next time.

Forgot to add..... and why do they want to piss of a group of die-hard Falkirk fans, whose sole aim is to honour one our Legends by putting his name up on the South Stand ?.

Is that in their great plan for liaising with the support and gaining their trust ???

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So where are these great signings that are going to make Rawlins a fortune and take us to the top flight. Certainly none of the 4 highlighted so far are in that category and neither were any of the players signed in January. So far it's been the usual standard of jobbers. And if this is the case why play hardball with a bunch of boys wanting to stick a few signs up on a stand FFS. We also need to have the funds to pay  these superstars that are coming in. At the moment we have a circa 700k whole in the budget which is why Rawlins is desperate for the patrons cash but doesn't want to give up anything to get it.  He has till Monday to increase his own investment but that seems unlikely now even though deans was basically putting that up as a formality when they first came in. I  await the incoming flow of star players but I won't hold my breath.

I don’t have all the answers but I have run successfully businesses and can recognize a smart mover - I think  it’s nieve  to think Rawlings plan  goes no further than signing a few jobbers and hopping for the best Holt and Sheerin are there for a reason - they will dance to his tune - SA & MR  have been outmaneuvered  - so far I’m impressed with all his moves other than on the Park - I’m pretty confident that will change very soon 

Edited by Stainrod

36 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I believe they miss judged last season - from afar it must have looked like a stick on we would go up. 
if they don’t invest to get us up there is no point in them being involved - I believe this season he will make sure we walk it ! 

This season we should walk it. The seaside leagues are atrocious .

Winning the Championship is really hard though. We've done it what once in forever.

Guest Ecosse83
28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well why let Holt start signing up the same standard of jobbers we've just got rid of? If he wants us to walk it we'll need to start signing a far better standard than the 4 we have supposedly signed already. Heard we'd also signed some boy Fae Edinburgh city too which is hardly pushing the boat out. If he's not willing to buy another few hundred thousand shares then i can't see him pumping cash into the club to sign players. And why appoint a dof of Holt's standard too? Surely with their contacts they should have been able to get a real top notch dof in to get in the top quality signings they want.

Aye I heard we were close to agreeing a deal for Brown the young midfielder from them. No idea how good he is but it’s the kind of signing I like!

Guest Peter LaFleur

I look forward to see who Sheerin selects as his number two. Is he better off with an experienced head in the Jimmy Nicholl mould or an experienced pro who maybe has 1 or 2 seasons left in him?

Edited by Peter LaFleur

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I don’t have all the answers but I have run successfully businesses and can recognize a smart mover - I think  it’s nieve  to think Rawlings plan  goes no further than signing a few jobbers and hopping for the best Holt and Sheerin are there for a reason - they will dance to his tune - SA & MR  have been outmaneuvered  - so far I’m impressed with all his moves other than ion the Park - I’m pretty confident that will change very soon 

We will all wait with baited breath to see the new influx of superstars to the team . I can only presume those signed already will be to make the tea and clean their boots.  I still can't see why when he won't buy more shares to invest in the team he's going to instead pump cash in for no return . Just doesn't add up to me.

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

This season we should walk it. The seaside leagues are atrocious .

Winning the Championship is really hard though. We've done it what once in forever.

We've said that for two years and are getting further and further away from doing it.

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Aye I heard we were close to agreeing a deal for Brown the young midfielder from them. No idea how good he is but it’s the kind of signing I like!

So no idea if he's any good but it's a good signing?  How do you work that out?

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So no idea if he's any good but it's a good signing?  How do you work that out?

Haha yep I didn’t word it very well although I didn’t actually say it was a good signing! Young player on the way up is the type of signings we should be making now and again. 

28 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Forgot to add..... and why do they want to piss of a group of die-hard Falkirk fans, whose sole aim is to honour one our Legends by putting his name up on the South Stand ?.

Is that in their great plan for liaising with the support and gaining their trust ???

That part I don’t get but successfully people are mainly control freaks  - He needs to be single minded to sort all the baggage we are carrying over from the last decade. 

Edited by Stainrod

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

Haha yep I didn’t word it very well although I didn’t actually say it was a good signing! Young player on the way up is the type of signings we should be making now and again. 

Nothing against that either just doesn't seem like a Rawlins signing in accordance with stainrods thoughts on what's going to happen.  When are the big guns going to start putting pen to paper I wonder?

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

That part I don’t get but successfully people are mainly control freaks  - He needs to be singled minded to sort all the baggage we are carrying over from the last decade. 

I'd prefer he started off by getting rid of the baggage left from last season never mind the last decade.

Brown is under contract for next season at Edinburgh City so unless he has a release clause for a full time offer then we'll be paying a fee for him. He looked like Edinburgh's best player in their playoff games against Dumbarton.

6 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

That part I don’t get but successfully people are mainly control freaks  - He needs to be single minded to sort all the baggage we are carrying over from the last decade. 

The Crunchie Initiative has only been going for one year. Talking to a couple of guys from the CI, the Rawlins and the BoD’s have put obstacle after obstacle in place, reneged on agreements. This is not a carry over for a decade. This was an open goal PR exercise for the club and they blew it big time.

Have to say I think punting Alston is the right decision. Shame really and he goes with no ill will from me. But its a wee bit of a glimmer of hope for me about how things might be done, because retaining and carrying a highly paid "he should stroll league 1" player as they contribute next to f**k all is/has been essence of Falkirk for the last wee while.

Its a call thats been made. It would have been easier to bury heads in the sand and keep him. Not going as far as kudos, but pleasantly surprised.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Have to say I think punting Alston is the right decision. Shame really and he goes with no ill will from me. But its a wee bit of a glimmer of hope for me about how things might be done, because retaining and carrying a highly paid "he should stroll league 1" player as they contribute next to f**k all is/has been essence of Falkirk for the last wee while.

Its a call thats been made. It would have been easier to bury heads in the sand and keep him. Not going as far as kudos, but pleasantly surprised.

I wouldn't take it for granted it wasn't his call  though with something better lined up.

Either way he should never have been signed in the first place.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn
stoopid

I wouldn't take it for granted it wasn't his call  though with something better lined up.
Either way he should never been signed in the first place.
Possibly. Who knows. Unsure how he could command a better wage or get a club at a higher level but all the best to him if he has.

just dont think the phrase "he should stroll this league" should be used with any signings we make heard that so many times and look how they pan out and I hope to f**k we are not favourites with the bookies or anyone for that matter, as soon as we are tarred with that one we go and do a Falkirk (i would say Morton but we now own that title)

40 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I don’t have all the answers but I have run successfully businesses and can recognize a smart mover - I think  it’s nieve  to think Rawlings plan  goes no further than signing a few jobbers and hopping for the best Holt and Sheerin are there for a reason - they will dance to his tune - SA & MR  have been outmaneuvered  - so far I’m impressed with all his moves other than on the Park - I’m pretty confident that will change very soon 

Well, in those successful businesses, I am sure you would have known how to spell “naive”, and would have known the name if the people you find so sharp......hint.....their name isn’t Rawlings.

All his moves........aye, getting in on a load of horseshit, and then using a device aimed at keeping the bad guys out to ensure that the good guys can’t get in.