The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I worry for Alston’s career from this point on as his body is absolutely finished for full time football. Does he retire or go part time? You could see his quality was still there at set pieces but within a game he was absolutely useless. A real shame to watch.

Rumours Alston’s going to Kilmarnock.

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Rumours Alston’s going to Kilmarnock.

Wow, fair play to him if he pulls that off.

Sad to see Alston go, was a right good player in his first term but I guess its the correct decision, he was a shadow of his former self. I am surprised at 29 his legs are gone, hopefully he can get picked up by someone like kelty.

Guest Brockvillenomore
4 hours ago, FTID1876 said:

Can you share the Navy Blue proposal? Would be keen to see what they offered to get a balanced view.  I guess with their investment would come a change in youth development, DoF and Manager?

Is the £600k an initial investment with further add ons? Was there significant knowledge of running football clubs involved? And by that I don’t mean running gang clubs like Livi or Hamilton but actual clubs with ethics and morals

Independent chairman; fan rep; the Rawlins; 2 from existing board; 2 Navy Blue. 

More than half the existing board are from financial and consultancy background, with KZ in sales - the balance is all wrong. They can't even say they are using their financial skills on the accounts as a former director does all the work.

The introduction of new blood with different skills is what's needed. The proposed model, with an independent chairman who has football experience, would carry more skills and knowledge than the existing one. They wanted to be consulted on the new coach and would obvioiusly work alongside the existing football structure to make sure they were happy with how it was being run. 

Branding everybody at two rival and more successful clubs as being without ethics and morals isn't really helpful to the discussion is it?

However, on the subject of ethics and morals you may be interested to know a FFC Director recorded one of the Teams meetings without permission, which is a serious misjudgement - stones and glass houses springs to mind. Also the Board proposed amending the articles to enshrine the new investors entitlement to two seats on the board. Which they rejected I'm pleased to say.  This isn't MSG 2, it's a group of supporters who would be happier in the stands with their friends and families, but recognise the club is not being run properly and wanted to help.

How can anybody think the club is being run properly after last season? There was a root and branch review by the chairman two years ago.  This review led to an imbalanced board, bad recruitment and failure. Is anybody seriously denying this and are happy to cross our fingers and hope for the best?

The Directors had the opportunity to recognise this and their part in it, stand down and make way for the changes. There were no demands or ultimatums.

As they didn't make that decision they must think their place on the board is more valuable than a £600k investment; directors have to be independent in their decision making process and act in the best interest of the company. Although from looking through the documents it appears as if Rawlins has insisted they stay, where's the independent judgement there? And how can somebody with 26% decide what does or doesn't happen at our club.

These are legitimate questions, irrespective of where you stand on how good the leadership of the club is, or isn't.

Evidence and facts speak for themselves.

Edited by Brockvillenomore

3 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Sad to see Alston go, was a right good player in his first term but I guess its the correct decision, he was a shadow of his former self. I am surprised at 29 his legs are gone, hopefully he can get picked up by someone like kelty.

Hero's returning whether players or as managers sadly does not end well.

2 of my hero' Johnny Graham & Tiger McLaughlin as players & John Prentice and George Miller as managers.

They did not deserve it.

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

In my view if the Rawlins want to control everything at the club they should be investing the amount of capital required to do that properly.  They've been allowed to do it on the cheap.  The initial talk was that they would more than likely take up the full share amount they were offered but having found that they don't have to bother to run the club they've just stuck at their 26 percent. Surely if they were that keen they'd be investing more cash to get the club out this league and into the championship and beyond asap. Now that they've got their control on the cheap they'll do anything possible to keep it including knocking back much needed cash considering the huge hole in the budget we have. They are desperate for the cash but not desperate enough to cede anything to get it.

Back again to point out the reality of the Rawlins involvement. The only asset FFC have is a part share in the stadium, even at that its worthless unless the other stakeholders in the stadium company are bought out. Its the stadium and the surrounding land they want. This fantasy about their sports agency supplying players is soon going to be exposed as the nonsense it always was.

They will buy out the other stakeholders in the stadium company and FFC when it is deemed to be at its cheapest.

The thing about it is seeing what as been said who in their right mind would hand over money like the fans group was without getting anything in return other than a trust us with your cash we will spend it wisely (the last 3 seasons say otherwise).. The common sense would be to have a bit more negotiating between the sides involved but some are going to need to lose some aspects in order to achieve what is  desired.  Think there have been a couple of posts that suggest that individuals dont want to give up their hospitality or just want to give it billy big baws as a Football club director. In any case it basically shows what's left has just been replaced by ego driven agenda and not give any quarter to the fanbase as they know best.

The other thing other than a letter from the directors we failed  just doesn't make everything alright with admitting responsibility for the failure to get out this league AGAIN and we just start again like the last 2-3 seasons didn't happen and no one is called to account

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The most "anti-board" person I know is Back Post Misses. I met him for the first time maybe a decade ago when he came along to a Bairnstrust meeting. The conversation turned to the BOD and I told him that I had no interest in boardroom matters and his eyebrows did a Mr Spock impersonation. My feelings haven't changed in the slightest. 

I didn’t see the initial comment from Potts that you’re responding to, but out of interest, what has BPM’s opinion of the board have to do with anything?

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

What? 

I have no idea who user FTID is and I have no involvement whatsoever in any board matters. Nor am I using social media to either attack or defend any of the parties who are. I know nothing about it other than what I've read on here. I give you my word of honour on that and will happily meet you in person to discuss it.  

The most "anti-board" person I know is Back Post Misses. I met him for the first time maybe a decade ago when he came along to a Bairnstrust meeting. The conversation turned to the BOD and I told him that I had no interest in boardroom matters and his eyebrows did a Mr Spock impersonation. My feelings haven't changed in the slightest. 

Of the current board, I obviously know and like Kieran Koszary because I've worked with and helped him in his Commercial role for a number of years. I have no relationship with any of the others. That applies to most of the BOD members whom I've encountered. 

The only exceptions are those BOD members whom I got to know because they were around the club on a daily basis. I have a lot of time for Ronnie Bateman and liked Margaret Lang as a human being, though I strongly disagreed with a number of decisions that were made during her tenure. 

Conversely, there are a few BOD people whom I disliked intensely because I saw both how they behaved and how their decisions affected staff members who were friends of mine. Though for obvious reasons I'm never going to name them or go into detail. 

Your allegation about me is both untrue and unfair, given that my name is known on here and I have no idea who you are. 

Will you explain it? 

Your great with the nicknames.

first corzo and now I’m Spock - love it 

17 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

It's been a wild ride on this thread over the last two or three weeks. 

The undoubted highlight for me was Gary Deans mouthing off to someone while he was putting out the bins and the full conversation ending up transcribed on here, with the long standing account that posted it being vaporised about 6 hours later.

Agree 100%.  It was a “you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off” moment, and the poor guy got the desired message completely wrong, and his fledgling blazer pursuit was dead in the water.