The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
2 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:
Sounds like Carrie ought to stick to doing what she does best...making smoothies in the kitchen.

This got lost a bit in all the madness, but get that shite to f**k.

Oh stop being so fucking sensitive!

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

As I’ve said I’ve been as critical as many, and like many after the diabolical season endured, venting off at them isn’t a crime ?

Haha. That BoD was “them” to you, this one is “us” to you. Your adoration for Deans was near enough instantaneous .....even more so when he hooked up his people  onto the Board. You were telling everyone how he had steadied the ship, he wasn’t responsible for stuff, judge him going forward. I guess 5th Seaside 1 had nothing to do with him either.

He was brought in to raise new investment. You could say he did that while also rejecting even bigger investment. He ain’t no football club chairman in my book, but I guess I don’t converse with him or his people at all. Maybe that’s the key difference.

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
23 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

12 Ruel Street. Half an hour.

6 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
26 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

12 Ruel Street. Half an hour.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 you guys.....

29 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Chesty Morgan has limited knowledge of soccer but she always likes to play with  2 up front and move it around quickly in the box. 

Edited by Stainrod
Spellin

Just now, Stainrod said:

Chesty Morgan has limited knowledge of soccer but she always likes to play with  2 up front and move it round quickly in the box. 

That’s just battered me with two tons of nostalgia, *sigh*.

Chesty Morgan has limited knowledge of soccer but she always likes to play with  2 up front and move it round quickly in the box. 

well, having suffered through the vitriol of fan v fan for what seems like forever, this has finished me off,   I'm done here.

1 minute ago, the optimist said:

well, having suffered through the vitriol of fan v fan for what seems like forever, this has finished me off,   I'm done here.

istockphoto-151557041-612x612.jpg

Guest Brockvillenomore

Some facts to ponder.

1.        Gary Deans has been on the board for over two years, most of that time as Chairman.

2.        The Board as it looks now has been running longer than a year plus, there was a shadow Board as Gary Deans pushed to the side those members that eventually left, they were all out of the picture for months and the current board members were working with Gary.

3.        Gary Deans prepared a root and branch review, remember the statement, this is his board, handpicked. They all look the same, sound the same and have the same background – consultancy, accounts and PR. Soft skills, nobody used to working at the sharp end in an industry where cost control and profit is on a knife edge and you need to think on your feet.

4.        This board have been in place for at least18 months; all this talk of them being "new" is a distraction. If we failed in our jobs as the club did last season we’d get the bullet – why haven’t they resigned? I would.

5.        There one success was the Rawlins, wasn’t it? Then you start to get a sense of what these two are like, now I’m not so sure.

6.        I’ve seen the paperwork for the Navy Blue group of local businessmen, shareholders, sponsors and fervent supporters of Falkirk FC.

7.        They had discussions looking to invest as much as £600k in cash.

8.        The MSG, as was, agreed to the idea of diluting their shareholding and take a step back.

9.        There was tentative discussion about the MSG and the Navy Blue Group giving the supporter’s group shares to get it going as they wanted supporters to always have control of the club.

10.    Let’s face facts. 20/21 season was a disaster, an embarrassing failure. If I was on the board and presided over that disgrace I’d resign. Sorry, they should be ashamed. But they stayed.

11.    It was clear to anybody who knows the game that after the first round of games we were found out, we couldn’t beat Partick when they had a full team missing and when they got their players back, we were in trouble. So it proved.

12.    It wasn’t clear to the Board, or the management team though, was it.

13.    The Board the Navy Blue guys decided there had to real change and proposed a new, independent Chairman of  a sensible sized board, suggesting  changes that would see two join and three leave, no names were tabled by the Navy Blue group.

14.    The choice was then for members in the board to do the right thing for the club, stand down and £600k is invested.

15.    They would also have brought with them somebody with real football knowledge, playing, managing and board experience. He was also an investor. 

16.    Despite making their intentions clear from the get-go the Rawlins acted as the proposed changes didn’t exist and continued happily along essentially avoiding dealing with it, as if their charm and sales pitch would somehow convince these guys what they wanted wasn’t all that important. But they didn't want seats on the board, they wanted change and help drive the club forward.

17.    It came to a head in the middle of the week when it became clear the Rawlins were supporting the board, sweeping the failure under the table as if it was trivial and unimportant. Clearly more important than the £600k.

18.    The Navy Blue group announced they were walking away as they were both so far apart it would be daft to carry on, maybe not the words they used to be fair.

19.    The Rawlins reaction was petty and, in my view, childish. Suggesting in as many words the bid was wasting their time and they had a record of offering to invest 4 or 5 times and then walking away.

20.    This is utter BS, and the only conclusion is this BS was given to them by the Board. Sad and pathetic stuff really.

21.    One of the guys in the group emailed the Rawlins privately and very nicely explained they were wrong. Challenging people’s motives and intentions when these are Falkirk supporters through and through, supporting the club for 50 and 60 years in some cases was bang out of order; very nicely he asked them to explain who told them the BS and please list out the 4 or 5 times they were referring to. As far as I know he’s had no response.

22.    Honestly, I’m worried about the club. Rawlins has 26%, a puppet board who do as he says and they’re turning down a £600k investment and introducing guys who can help the club but will challenge and not just rollover to what the Rawlins or anybody else says. I’m speculating of course, but it looks that way.

23.    Also, the shareholders of the Club should be asking if the Board of Director’s acted in the best interests of the Club by declining the opportunity to stand aside in order to attract such a significant investment. £600K FFS. 

24.    That’s their duty as directors under company law, act in a way that protects the company, before your self-interest. Did they do that, or are they just holding onto the status of the positions and Rawlins coat tails.

Only time will tell.

I know some of the folks involved with the CI and the fans consortium looking to invest in the club.  Through my job, I get to meet quite a few business leaders in a wide range of industries.  Very rarely, if ever, have I ever seen anyone communicate with their customers/fanbase in as rude and dismissive as the Rawlins and certain members of our BoD.  It's tinpot stuff.

I think we need to remember how important FFC are in the grand scheme of things.  A decent sized Wetherspoons in a major city will generate more revenue and profit than the club will in a year.  We're never going to attract the creme de la crème of the investment or management world.  The best we can realistically hope for is honest folk with a modicum of business acumen and fundamental decency.   I'm sceptical that the current board stack up on any of those criteria.

But, none of that  really matters.  FFC is the Rawlins' plaything now so we'll just have to hope they don't break it. 

6 minutes ago, joozy said:

I know some of the folks involved with the CI and the fans consortium looking to invest in the club.  Through my job, I get to meet quite a few business leaders in a wide range of industries.  Very rarely, if ever, have I ever seen anyone communicate with their customers/fanbase in as rude and dismissive as the Rawlins and certain members of our BoD.  It's tinpot stuff.

I think we need to remember how important FFC are in the grand scheme of things.  A decent sized Wetherspoons in a major city will generate more revenue and profit than the club will in a year.  We're never going to attract the creme de la crème of the investment or management world.  The best we can realistically hope for is honest folk with a modicum of business acumen and fundamental decency.   I'm sceptical that the current board stack up on any of those criteria.

But, none of that  really matters.  FFC is the Rawlins' plaything now so we'll just have to hope they don't break it. 

Good post ! .....pretty much sums up my thoughts 

31 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Some facts to ponder.

1.        Gary Deans has been on the board for over two years, most of that time as Chairman.

2.        The Board as it looks now has been running longer than a year plus, there was a shadow Board as Gary Deans pushed to the side those members that eventually left, they were all out of the picture for months and the current board members were working with Gary.

3.        Gary Deans prepared a root and branch review, remember the statement, this is his board, handpicked. They all look the same, sound the same and have the same background – consultancy, accounts and PR. Soft skills, nobody used to working at the sharp end in an industry where cost control and profit is on a knife edge and you need to think on your feet.

4.        This board have been in place for at least18 months; all this talk of them being "new" is a distraction. If we failed in our jobs as the club did last season we’d get the bullet – why haven’t they resigned? I would.

5.        There one success was the Rawlins, wasn’t it? Then you start to get a sense of what these two are like, now I’m not so sure.

6.        I’ve seen the paperwork for the Navy Blue group of local businessmen, shareholders, sponsors and fervent supporters of Falkirk FC.

8.        The MSG, as was, agreed to the idea of diluting their shareholding and take a step back.

9.        There was tentative discussion about the MSG and the Navy Blue Group giving the supporter’s group shares to get it going as they wanted supporters to always have control of the club.

10.    Let’s face facts. 20/21 season was a disaster, an embarrassing failure. If I was on the board and presided over that disgrace I’d resign. Sorry, they should be ashamed. But they stayed.

11.    It was clear to anybody who knows the game that after the first round of games we were found out, we couldn’t beat Partick when they had a full team missing and when they got their players back, we were in trouble. So it proved.

13.    The Board the Navy Blue guys decided there had to real change and proposed a new, independent Chairman of  a sensible sized board, suggesting  changes that would see two join and three leave, no names were tabled by the Navy Blue group.

14.    The choice was then for members in the board to do the right thing for the club, stand down and £600k is invested.

15.    They would also have brought with them somebody with real football knowledge, playing, managing and board experience. He was also an investor. 

16.    Despite making their intentions clear from the get-go the Rawlins acted as the proposed changes didn’t exist and continued happily along essentially avoiding dealing with it, as if their charm and sales pitch would somehow convince these guys what they wanted wasn’t all that important. But they didn't want seats on the board, they wanted change and help drive the club forward.

17.    It came to a head in the middle of the week when it became clear the Rawlins were supporting the board, sweeping the failure under the table as if it was trivial and unimportant. Clearly more important than the £600k.

18.    The Navy Blue group announced they were walking away as they were both so far apart it would be daft to carry on, maybe not the words they used to be fair.

19.    The Rawlins reaction was petty and, in my view, childish. Suggesting in as many words the bid was wasting their time and they had a record of offering to invest 4 or 5 times and then walking away.

20.    This is utter BS, and the only conclusion is this BS was given to them by the Board. Sad and pathetic stuff really.

21.    One of the guys in the group emailed the Rawlins privately and very nicely explained they were wrong. Challenging people’s motives and intentions when these are Falkirk supporters through and through, supporting the club for 50 and 60 years in some cases was bang out of order; very nicely he asked them to explain who told them the BS and please list out the 4 or 5 times they were referring to. As far as I know he’s had no response.

22.    Honestly, I’m worried about the club. Rawlins has 26%, a puppet board who do as he says and they’re turning down a £600k investment and introducing guys who can help the club but will challenge and not just rollover to what the Rawlins or anybody else says. I’m speculating of course, but it looks that way.

23.    Also, the shareholders of the Club should be asking if the Board of Director’s acted in the best interests of the Club by declining the opportunity to stand aside in order to attract such a significant investment. £600K FFS. 

24.    That’s their duty as directors under company law, act in a way that protects the company, before your self-interest. Did they do that, or are they just holding onto the status of the positions and Rawlins coat tails.

Only time will tell.

People on here were wanting facts and a statement. This pretty much summarises the whole sorry affair.

20 minutes ago, joozy said:

Yip and the whole timeline of events sounds very familiar. All the CI want to do as well, is put up 3 signs and do something that should be beneficial to the club and at no cost. 

Edited by Guest

Modus Operandi wrt treatment of Patrons and CI seems very similar.

Welcome welcome welcome. Then hear something they don’t like, and a Board member(s) plus associates whisper dugshite accusations in the Rawlins ears.

Then it’s a school playground attempt at divide and conquer. Make accusations against one member of both groups that are nothing but lies, then stand back, stop all rational conversation, and hope those groups fall apart.

Some of the most inept attempts at management/leadership you are ever likely to encounter, and all the while, the puppet board rush around hoping they survive regardless of the damage they inflict day after day. I know it’s not the biggest of deals, but even this far in, Aberdeen unveil the new Head Coach before Falkirk does. What a joke.

They were right about one thing though......they weren’t prepared to wait until Thursday to announce their choice of Head Coach.....they were prepared to wait until Friday and let another club do it for them.

44 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

People on here were wanting facts and a statement. This pretty much summarises the whole sorry affair.

I await Bantabairn’s stint as Chemical Ali.

7 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Some facts to ponder.

Only time will tell.

Can you share the Navy Blue proposal? Would be keen to see what they offered to get a balanced view.  I guess with their investment would come a change in youth development, DoF and Manager?

Is the £600k an initial investment with further add ons? Was there significant knowledge of running football clubs involved? And by that I don’t mean running gang clubs like Livi or Hamilton but actual clubs with ethics and morals