The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We are now on page 6319 of the Falkirk FC thread and if you read Page 1 from 10 years ago it is exactly the same content, us moaning about the manager, shite players etc etc. It is not fucking easy supporting Falkirk.

I feel you pain, my fat thumb forver clicks the thread instead of the page number. Kris was some man.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We are now on page 6319 of the Falkirk FC thread and if you read Page 1 from 10 years ago it is exactly the same content, us moaning about the manager, shite players etc etc. It is not fucking easy supporting Falkirk.

We've been like that since I started watching ....... we had a black and white telly then !

My Grandad was a Jambo and died when I was 5. Up until then he had me supporting Hearts cos my Dad worked shifts and couldn't take me to games. My Dad started getting Saturdays off and took me to Brockville, that was 49 years ago and it's been mostly pain ever since. Mind you to be fair, being a fecking Jambo would probably have been worse.

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If anyone was predicting the downward spiral the club was heading in January 2011, when it was created, then I think they’ll feel heavily vindicated by page 6319 bar a small glimmer of hope under Houston. 

Still by page 6319 we get many who fail to see where the real problems lie. 

Anyway let’s get back to CC52 tributes. 

Guest Ecosse83
15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

When do we sign our annual fullback from queen of the south?

I hope we mix it up and plump for one of their left backs this season!

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

Yes, it’s not easy but this is our team, our heritage,  part of our town and, to most of us, a big part of our lives.

Supporting a small town team like Falkirk is completely different from supporting Celtic, Rangers, Arsenal or Man City.

I would hate supporting a team of players from every part of the globe with absolutely no connection to our area. Obviously, we now get very few ‘local lads’ playing for us but most of the players are reasonably local, to the extent that we can feel some affinity.

One of my best friends who lives in North London has just given up supporting Arsenal for that very reason and is now a regular at Barnet. Poor team but engenders community spirit.

All we can hope for is for our team to punch a little above our weight which would mean us being a lower top league club like St Johnstone or Livingston.

At present we are a long way from that but, as fans(fanatics) we just have to live in hope and I think we could be about to see an improvement in our fortunes. Why do I say that ? God only knows but that’s what being a fan is all about.

So,I for one, will not be looking for any ST refund but will be one of the first to buy my usual quota for next season along with all the usual extras and hoping, with little reason, that we’re on our way.

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

My Grandad was a Jambo and died when I was 5. Up until then he had me supporting Hearts cos my Dad worked shifts and couldn't take me to games. My Dad started getting Saturdays off and took me to Brockville, that was 49 years ago and it's been mostly pain ever since. Mind you to be fair, being a fecking Jambo would probably have been worse.

My dad took me to the 56 cup final to see Hearts win 3-1 against Celtic.

They were a brilliant side.

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Great post 

It is a good post but on the flip side I would say that a lot of fans are so sick of the way the club is being run that we are past the point of just donating our ST money on an annual basis. We want to see the club being run well by a board who genuinely care about Falkirk FC and for me that has to have fan involvement.

Each to their own though and if folk want to renew that is up to them.

Guest Caractacus Potts
18 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, it’s not easy but this is our team, our heritage,  part of our town and, to most of us, a big part of our lives.

Supporting a small town team like Falkirk is completely different from supporting Celtic, Rangers, Arsenal or Man City.

I would hate supporting a team of players from every part of the globe with absolutely no connection to our area. Obviously, we now get very few ‘local lads’ playing for us but most of the players are reasonably local, to the extent that we can feel some affinity.

One of my best friends who lives in North London has just given up supporting Arsenal for that very reason and is now a regular at Barnet. Poor team but engenders community spirit.

All we can hope for is for our team to punch a little above our weight which would mean us being a lower top league club like St Johnstone or Livingston.

At present we are a long way from that but, as fans(fanatics) we just have to live in hope and I think we could be about to see an improvement in our fortunes. Why do I say that ? God only knows but that’s what being a fan is all about.

So,I for one, will not be looking for any ST refund but will be one of the first to buy my usual quota for next season along with all the usual extras and hoping, with little reason, that we’re on our way.

Unfortunately that’s what the boards bank on but can’t argue against that mate. It’s just part of the endless cycle of being a football fan, we know we’re being fleeced and taken for granted but with any luck at some point our loyalty will be rewarded with some great times and amazing memories. Unfortunately the way things are at the moment I can’t share in that sentiment but can totally understand it. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Ecosse83

New manager appointed and there are pages and pages of board talk! I get it but I can’t wait for the day that a Falkirk board fades away into the background!

18 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Good post but I wouldn’t argue with anyone who wants a refund for this season/won’t renew for next. For me it’s felt a real watershed summer where any sort of managerial/player appointment is just papering over huge cracks.

Where I agree most is that we all love this club and genuinely want what’s best. Bantabairn may have polar opposite views on some things eg the board to some other posters but I think both sides want only the best for Falkirk. That may not apply to those actually on the board, sadly. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s all about opinions and if I’ve got opposite views ( polar) I don’t honestly give two ducks. Too many on here spout abusing fictional crap. I’ve been as critical as many on here towards the previous regimes, however some of the abuse aimed at GD Rawlins and the BOD in their short time in charge is repugnant. Yes mistakes have been made, but FFS some need to get a life on here. Yes we all want the best for the club......

Your tune has changed! 😉 

84836547-685A-4E8C-BCF5-216513DB8E64.jpeg

34 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Good post but I wouldn’t argue with anyone who wants a refund for this season/won’t renew for next. For me it’s felt a real watershed summer where any sort of managerial/player appointment is just papering over huge cracks.

Where I agree most is that we all love this club and genuinely want what’s best. Bantabairn may have polar opposite views on some things eg the board to some other posters but I think both sides want only the best for Falkirk. That may not apply to those actually on the board, sadly. 

That's the problem. I fear that the only way to get positive change at the club is to starve these clowns out.  Whilst people keep ponying up their hard earned dough to buy season tickets nothing is going to change.  Whilst the msg have done a lot wrong you always felt they would put their hands in their pockets in moments of emergency.  Rules have been put in place for a while now to prevent one person  getting hold of the club and yet here we are now with the club in the hands of some boy whose only had to invest 300k. With Deans's blazer boys and him on the bod we have absolutely no safety net if things go Pete tong which should frighten fans to death surely or at least make them think before they blindly start spending their cash again.

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s all about opinions and if I’ve got opposite views ( polar) I don’t honestly give two ducks. Too many on here spout abusing fictional crap. I’ve been as critical as many on here towards the previous regimes, however some of the abuse aimed at GD Rawlins and the BOD in their short time in charge is repugnant. Yes mistakes have been made, but FFS some need to get a life on here. Yes we all want the best for the club......

Yeah, you were critical right up until Deans got the gig, then my goodness, what a turn around.  You call what some people say “repugnant” others view your stuff as out and out propaganda for the Board.