The Falkirk FC Thread

One of the issues is with Mrs Rawlins No.2. I think it is Mrs Rawlins No.1 who was the PR Guru in the relationship.

I know 2 or 3 of the guys pretty well from the Crunchie Initiative and a couple of the Investors.  Both have received letters from Mrs Rawlins (no.2) , in which she has been totally patronising and also has made personal attacks on members of these Groups.

It's no wonder some individuals have walked away if thats how she wants to treat fans who have supported the club all their life.  

14 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

One of the issues is with Mrs Rawlins No.2. I think it is Mrs Rawlins No.1 who was the PR Guru in the relationship.

I know 2 or 3 of the guys pretty well from the Crunchie Initiative and a couple of the Investors.  Both have received letters from Mrs Rawlins (no.2) , in which she has been totally patronising and also has made personal attacks on members of these Groups.

It's no wonder some individuals have walked away if thats how she wants to treat fans who have supported the club all their life.  

Her constantly whittering on about 'our club' at times when she probably wouldn't know crunchie if he walked past her in the feckin street. 

11 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

How could that possibly be the case? They've been in the door five minutes yet apparently she knows these people and their character well enough to subject them to personal attacks? 

If true, I trust the CI guys are at the tipping point of blowing the lid off this and letting supporters know exactly what has been going on over the past few weeks. 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I personally would like Deans replaced but a group coming in demanding removal of chairmen and directors is hardly going to endear them to the people who decide whether to accept their offer.

Martin Ritchie said in his book the original BTB bid was never going to be accepted because of the way those running it apparently behaved towards the BOD.

There is a way to get people on board in business and it isn’t by going in all guns blazing demanding people’s heads. 

They didn't come in demanding removal of chairman and directors.  That only became part of the dialogue when it became obvious that deans was simply a puppet of Rawlins and once the patrons realised he was in.no way someone to they could work with.

5 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Both players appear to have issues with fitness* & confidence so, considering he has a couple of months to work with them, will provide early indicators of Sheerin's ability. 

*Kenna: injuries, Dowds: pies.

Dowds was injured not unfit. Clearly suffered with a bit of confidence last season but it was his first year in full time football. I'd happily have him as an option next season. Never once looked like he wasn't trying.

12 minutes ago, AGPar said:

How could that possibly be the case? They've been in the door five minutes yet apparently she knows these people and their character well enough to subject them to personal attacks? 

If true, I trust the CI guys are at the tipping point of blowing the lid off this and letting supporters know exactly what has been going on over the past few weeks. 

Bottom line is that, if they want to get it completed in the manner befitting Crunchie, then they have to work with the Board.... who they have no time for and which has created problems at every turn.

it wouldn't surprise me if they would like to reveal all discussions and correspondence ......but only once the Stadium work is done.   

1 hour ago, BooBairn said:

So much sh**e flying around on here. Go someone please just deal in facts. 

1. Who is involved in this fans bid? 2. What was the offer they made? 3. Why has it all been so secretive up until now? 4. What reasons did the club give for rejecting it? 5. What have the current BOD said that was so wrong when they rejected it? 

Cheers, BooBairn 

The fans bid is basically those individuals who were taking up the patrons option available in the fan lead bid organised by Kenny j etc. 

They offered to invest approx £600k in the club.

It's been secretive because like any big business deal there has to be done fort of confidentiality around it . The patrons have nothing to hide and everything would've been made clear once an agreement had been reached. Rawlins deal didn't happen over night. It has been going on for a while before it became known publicly.

The bod want the cash invested but don't want the guys ponying up the dough to have any real say in the running of the club. Rawlins has managed to basically take over the club by investing only 300k and getting 26 percent of the shares.  He's happy to get the fans money but that's it. He hasn't taken up his extra investment because he doesn't need to to get a hold on the club. Plus if the patrons buy 600k of shares then he would need to invest more money to keep his share percentage at 26 percent. The patrons bid also has individuals with a lot of football experience involved that could do Holt's job for nothing instead of a league one side shelling out 45k a year on a dof.

36 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Sounds like Carrie ought to stick to doing what she does best...making smoothies in the kitchen.

I am not itk but I know one of the guys involved in the patrons bid and to be fair he didn't really tell me too much details.

What I would hope though is that the details of this does become common knowledge before ST renewals come out. If the club can offord to turn down £600k of investment from fans in the current financial climate the broader fanbase should be made aware of the ins and outs of the negotiations especially if the board have treated them with contempt.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Deans :- 'we need to attract investment from a range of sources which will provide us with a platform for further progression to the Premiership.”

But of course these sources, apart from Rawlins, need to just pony up their cash then f**k off.

Progression to the Premiership ? ....Is he a clone of Craig Campbell ?

he couldnt even progress us out of Div 3 !!!!

33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The fans bid is basically those individuals who were taking up the patrons option available in the fan lead bid organised by Kenny j etc. 

They offered to invest approx £600k in the club.

It's been secretive because like any big business deal there has to be done fort of confidentiality around it . The patrons have nothing to hide and everything would've been made clear once an agreement had been reached. Rawlins deal didn't happen over night. It has been going on for a while before it became known publicly.

The bod want the cash invested but don't want the guys ponying up the dough to have any real say in the running of the club. Rawlins has managed to basically take over the club by investing only 300k and getting 26 percent of the shares.  He's happy to get the fans money but that's it. He hasn't taken up his extra investment because he doesn't need to to get a hold on the club. Plus if the patrons buy 600k of shares then he would need to invest more money to keep his share percentage at 26 percent. The patrons bid also has individuals with a lot of football experience involved that could do Holt's job for nothing instead of a league one side shelling out 45k a year on a dof.

Cheers for the summary. Cleared a few issues up at least. 

Would like to hear that other side of the story is. Club still in a total mess then by the sounds of it though. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
48 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Good luck with that mate

Sure you’re not a board stooge Banta? Seem to be very defensive of the board. 

It's been a wild ride on this thread over the last two or three weeks. 

The undoubted highlight for me was Gary Deans mouthing off to someone while he was putting out the bins and the full conversation ending up transcribed on here, with the long standing account that posted it being vaporised about 6 hours later.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's been a wild ride on this thread over the last two or three weeks. 

The undoubted highlight for me was Gary Deans mouthing off to someone while he was putting out the bins and the full conversation ending up transcribed on here, with the long standing account that posted it being vaporised about 6 hours later.

I miss CC, lest we forget.