The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Holts had players lined up long before the manager was even appointed.  He'll be getting the players in and then sheerin will have to try and get a tune out of them. He is sourcing the players not the coach.

Reading the bit on the club website looks like he's knows who he wants:

“Preparations for the coming season are well underway and I’ve been fortunate to have positive chats with the Sporting Director and the players we have lined-up for this season are of a quality that I believe can win us this league.

I really hope its Sheerin that identified them and not Holt

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Reading the bit on the club website looks like he's knows who he wants:

“Preparations for the coming season are well underway and I’ve been fortunate to have positive chats with the Sporting Director and the players we have lined-up for this season are of a quality that I believe can win us this league.

I really hope its Sheerin that identified them and not Holt

I'm not convinced.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Deans and his crew are hopeless FFS. You should be asking why Rawlins is happy to have incompetent buffoons like them on the board and not why the patrons wanted them to resign after a disastrous two seasons for the club.

I personally would like Deans replaced but a group coming in demanding removal of chairmen and directors is hardly going to endear them to the people who decide whether to accept their offer.

Martin Ritchie said in his book the original BTB bid was never going to be accepted because of the way those running it apparently behaved towards the BOD.

There is a way to get people on board in business and it isn’t by going in all guns blazing demanding people’s heads. 

It will take a monumental f**k up not to win this league in the coming season. I mean we're more than capable of cunting it but it will be a complete minter if we do.

Even Dumb and Dumber and that squad of garbage led this division for months.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

The decision to knock it back wouldn't have been Rawlins alone - sounds like there was consensus that the majority of shareholders want to give Rawlins the influence he needs to take things in his direction with that being diluted.  Isn't there also the option to increase their investment as part of the deal that brought them in? 

That could very well be the wrong decision (not like we have a history of making great decisions) but at face value Rawlins has the experience and credentials to do well. 

It seems strange to me that we wouldn't let that play out.  There aren't any signs of this being a Kenny Rogers scenario so why would we dilute his influence before he's even started.  

100% behind new investment, but the conditions that seem to go with it sound counter productive imo.  

The conditions were parity with the Rawlins...which to me is pretty reasonable given the fact that the Investors are putting in way more cash.

The sticking point is some of the Directors , including our Chairman who dont want to gve up their blazers. Based on the fact that  the Rawlins have them in their pocket would mean that the Investors have nothing in return for their cash with the exception of 2 seats on the Board and absolutely no influence.

Who in their right mind would invest over £500k for nothing ? 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They aren't backed by Ritchie and superfan so where are they getting this majority backing from? There's been no EGM etc to ask shareholders or sound folk off.  Rawlins with his 26 percent and Deans's hopeless cabal who have hardly any shares between them and have invested the square root of feck all are basically deciding everything at the moment.  We have the chance to get Falkirk back in the hands of real Falkirk fans but we're instead allowing some punter thousands of miles away to run the roost with minimum investment. I can't believe how many folk are happy with this pish. Christ this boy won't even allow some fans to rename a bloody stand without treating them with contempt and the way they've treated the patrons is an absolute disgrace and not the way I'd expect the people running Falkirk FC to act.

Nail on head !

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Rawlins protecting his position as you put it and the best interests of the club are by no means the same thing.

Struggling to see the downside of a grouping of 10 fans investing an initial £500,000 in the club to be honest.

Rawlings has made his proposition to the club and paid the price agreed- for that price he has a degree of control over blocking other investors who have different agenda . Gary Deans & co should have figured all this out long before they agreed to take his money . As I’ve said before his agenda is aligned with the clubs success but if they achieve their target of top 6 premiership then they will kick in selling on “ their players to England “ Having. Arranged all this for a very small price there is no way he is going to agree that new investors even with a million are going to scupper his plan . He is not interested in the  success of the club per say  he wants that to be in tandem with his control. ( especially over the playing staff )
GDeans and his board now supporting this new investment idea just highlights they had no clue about mr Rawlings plan and they genuinely thought he wanted to invest because he used to love coming to Scotland on holiday . Dearly dearly me what a bunch of total tossers we have running this club ! 

Edited by Stainrod

9 minutes ago, brokeville said:

This is how a Fans run club are approaching the new season. Hate to say it but it could have been us.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/05/27/claim-your-season-ticket-refund/

Here is another one.

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3994-a-season-like-no-other

The St Mirren independent Supporters Association (SMiSA) gain 51% ownership on 27th July 2021.

The money is there to do it before, but the date was agreed last year. SMiSA expect to have a cash reserve left of around £140,000 once the share purchase has been completed in July.

Now that the money raised to buy share capital is no longer required the continued subscriptions can be put towards other projects - be that player budget or community led initiatives.

Our membership (SMiSA) pays either £12 or £25 per month. We have around 1200 members so its a significant sum every month. Each quarter £2 per month is allocated to club or community projects that the membership votes on. 

It’s been a long journey to get to this point, but totally worth it.

I wish you well for the coming season and hope you can get fan ownership in the future.

So much sh**e flying around on here. Go someone please just deal in facts. 

1. Who is involved in this fans bid? 2. What was the offer they made? 3. Why has it all been so secretive up until now? 4. What reasons did the club give for rejecting it? 5. What have the current BOD said that was so wrong when they rejected it? 

Cheers, BooBairn 

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

So much sh**e flying around on here. Go someone please just deal in facts. 

1. Who is involved in this fans bid? 2. What was the offer they made? 3. Why has it all been so secretive up until now? 4. What reasons did the club give for rejecting it? 5. What have the current BOD said that was so wrong when they rejected it? 

Cheers, BooBairn 

If you look back the answers to your questions are all there. 

36 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Nail on head !

I suspect Rawlings investment came with a side areement that prohibits control over certain aspects and provides protection against just this scenario. Remember him chesty Morgan and the lawyer know exactly what they are doing - unlike some !

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

If you look back the answers to your questions are all there. 

The thing is though mate they aren’t. People speak in code and say so much shite without actually saying it straight. Cheers for absolutely no help whatsoever though. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, BooBairn said:

The thing is though mate they aren’t. People speak in code and say so much shite without actually saying it straight. Cheers for absolutely no help whatsoever though. 

Just trying to point you in the right direction. Don’t blame me if you can’t be bothered to go back and look.

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Just trying to point you in the right direction. Don’t blame me if you can’t be bothered to go back and look.

Read it, zero answers. Usual pish replies and usual pish from others on this forum. Turning into that joke of a Facebook page. Thanks though Caractacus Pottzo. 

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I genuinely think they are scared to offer the fans any sort of refund on ST money as they fear the level of uptake they may get. Also the money to pay this is probably not there at the moment.

Yeh imagine they will be fearful of that but if they are to keep in line with good business practice and trading standards then they might have no choice.  It said that whilst a reduction in future tickets may be acceptable to some it shouldn’t be be seen as the only option available and fans are still entitled to take a refund if they don’t take up a season ticket for next year. Suspect that’s why Motherwell have set theirs up accordingly.  

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Read it, zero answers. Usual pish replies and usual pish from others on this forum. Turning into that joke of a Facebook page. Thanks though Caractacus Pottzo. 

Look up LatapyBairn Shadwell Dog or ZBairn’s posts. They appear to be ITK

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Yeh imagine they will be fearful of that but if they are to keep in line with good business practice and trading standards then they might have no choice.  It said that whilst a reduction in future tickets may be acceptable to some it shouldn’t be be seen as the only option available and fans are still entitled to take a refund if they don’t take up a season ticket for next year. Suspect that’s why Motherwell have set theirs up accordingly.  

Good business practice isn’t something Falkirk FC are renowned for. They shaft the fans most of the time so this will be no different.