The Falkirk FC Thread

At least it's not one of the usual jobbers  that constantly does the rounds. 

When you think about it he fits into the role of the plans the Rawlins apparently have. If he was bringing through players into the Aberdeen  squad then they will hope he does something similar here so they can move them on, if he is given any time that is. 

We wait in trepidation. 

Edited by Sgt Bilko

For now, he is probably the only man inside TFS with any credit in the reputation bank. We can only hope that it stays that way. It’s a big step for him.......probably much more difficult than the ICT gig.

Claiming he was Aberdeen’s First Team Coach probably wasn’t his claim. That was Tony Docherty’s gig. Just an attempt by FFC to puff up their “capture”.

Just now, Sgt Bilko said:

When you think about it he fits into the role of the plans the Rawlins apparently have. If he was bringing through players into the Aberdeen  squad then they will hope he does something similar here so they can move them on, if he is given any time that is. 

We wait in trepidation. 

That's the thing for me, comes with a decent coaching pedigree and will hopefully play some decent football but just glad it's something a bit different from same old manager circuit, think Jim Mcintyre would have finished me off. 

2 minutes ago, Sgt Bilko said:

We wait in trepidation. 

No, that’s going to be Holt’s gig as Sporting Director.

I think Paul Sheerin has the correct blend of

• experience (3 good spells as footballer at Scottish Clubs)
  • reasonable level of proven Coaching ability (Arbroath and St. J. & Aberdeen youths)
  • enthusiasm (or at least not jaded)
  • knowledge of the level we’re at / striving for (starting at 3rd tier mid table)

I’m excited and wish Paul the very best at Falkirk.

54 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

From what's been said I can almost understand why Rawlins would reject the fan offer. 

Imagine you had made a sizaeble investment and were finally starting to get some decisions made and the board structured in the way you need it to be to get things done.  At that point, some previously unknown (to you) fans group demand you restructure that board and even have a say in the new manager appointment (before you've even had a chance to appoint your own man into that position yet).  

A few months ago Rawlins was our saviour who we all wanted to be more hands on and to use his business acumen to sort the club out.  He starts doing that and then gets asked to dilute his influence and instead be a co-partner with a fans group he knows very little about and very possibly have less experience of football club ownership than he does.  Its's not surprising if he sees this as a threat to his investment and plan for the club. 

It doesn't sound like he's refusing new investment but rather protecting his position and making sure he has a chance to do things his way before considering reducing his influence.  Is that really surprising?  

Its not great that the investment isn't happening but are the red lines the fans group have proposed realistic given Rawlins hasn't had a chance to fail yet?  

So glad you used the word “imagine” at the start of that sentence.

3 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

I think Paul Sheerin has the correct blend of

• experience (3 good spells as footballer at Scottish Clubs)
  • reasonable level of proven Coaching ability (Arbroath and St. J. & Aberdeen youths)
  • enthusiasm (or at least not jaded)
  • knowledge of the level we’re at / striving for (starting at 3rd tier mid table)

I’m excited and wish Paul the very best at Falkirk.

No offence but that's birthday caird pish. Dreadful, meh appointment. 

Things we'll never hear from any new signings: "I came here to play for the manager" (coach).

He's a nobody.

We're fooked.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Things we'll never hear from any new signings: "I came here to play for the manager" (coach).

He's a nobody.

We're fooked.

A bit harsh, its certainly not the best appointment but he deserves to try and prove himself. 

I still detest everythign going on at boardroom level but I will 100% back the manager until at least Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

He's a nobody.

We're fooked.

Nah, on the contrary I am pleased it's not a well Kent face. At least we have the excitement of the unknown for a couple of months 

Happy to give Sheerin a chance and he has been discussed in depth on here for ages.

Turning to those 4 signings

Mutch

Williamson McKay Hall Dixon

Morrison Hetherington Alston Nesbitt

Dowds Keena

There better be other players coming in because that looks absolutely shite to me.

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

He's a nobody.

We're fooked.

Shut up

11 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

He's a nobody.

We're fooked.

I hate to break it to you but right now we’re a fucking nobody too. 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Its not great that the investment isn't happening but are the red lines the fans group have proposed realistic given Rawlins hasn't had a chance to fail yet?  

Given they are prepared to invest double what the Rawlins have, I’d say their demands are entirely realistic.

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

He's a nobody.

We're fooked.

I can remember hearing plenty of that with Hartley and McKinnon and that ended very well. 

If you’re gonna make a point to why we are fucked at least make it relevant cause the last time I checked someone saying they came to work with the manager doesn’t win titles. 

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Happy to give Sheerin a chance and he has been discussed in depth on here for ages.

Turning to those 4 signings

Mutch

Williamson McKay Hall Dixon

Morrison Hetherington Alston Nesbitt

Dowds Keena

There better be other players coming in because that looks absolutely shite to me.

Dowds and Keena won't do for me up front. Not saying they are bad players but not enough goals in them. Plenty of time for signings though.

Dowds and Keena won't do for me up front. Not saying they are bad players but not enough goals in them. Plenty of time for signings though.

Keena has had a pretty decent record most of the clubs he’s played for. I don’t think we’ve had a decent opportunity to judge him in a Falkirk shirt