The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
23 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

From what's been said I can almost understand why Rawlins would reject the fan offer. 

Imagine you had made a sizaeble investment and were finally starting to get some decisions made and the board structured in the way you need it to be to get things done.  At that point, some previously unknown (to you) fans group demand you restructure that board and even have a say in the new manager appointment (before you've even had a chance to appoint your own man into that position yet).  

A few months ago Rawlins was our saviour who we all wanted to be more hands on and to use his business acumen to sort the club out.  He starts doing that and then gets asked to dilute his influence and instead be a co-partner with a fans group he knows very little about and very possibly have less experience of football club ownership than he does.  Its's not surprising if he sees this as a threat to his investment and plan for the club. 

It doesn't sound like he's refusing new investment but rather protecting his position and making sure he has a chance to do things his way before considering reducing his influence.  Is that really surprising?  

Its not great that the investment isn't happening but are the red lines the fans group have proposed realistic given Rawlins hasn't had a chance to fail yet?  

Can only go on what has been said but the Rawlins have actively encouraged fan representation on the board. If these fans were looking to spend more money than the Rawlins then by all means they should at least have an equal say in proceedings. Knocking back half a million investment is bonkers no matter how you look at it. Why should a couple with only 26% ownership of the club have that power and to who are they representing when making that decision? Surely the other 74% of shareholders should have a say on whether that decision? 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

I can’t help but feel that the demands are what has put the board and Rawlins off taking the investment. The demands made were pretty strong, which I would suspect set things off badly right from the off. Surely the best approach would have been to ask for representation on the board and then try and have an influence from there.

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I can’t help but feel that the demands are what has put the board and Rawlins off taking the investment. The demands made were pretty strong, which I would suspect set things off badly right from the off. Surely the best approach would have been to ask for representation on the board and then try and have an influence from there.

I get where you're coming from but that would mean the group investing a lot more money than Rawlins did with basically no control while Rawlins runs the show, that dosent seem fair to me. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
14 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Asking for equal control whilst putting in more money isn’t an unfair ‘demand’. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

That is an exceptionally naive way of looking at this proposed investment.

No one with any business experience would hand over £500,000 and "try and have an influence "!

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So classy. Aberdeen FC announce the new Falkirk Head Coach before Falkirk FC does. Pure genius.

My word, yep just checked and Aberdeen tweeted it first.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

My word, yep just checked and Aberdeen tweeted it first.

Another FFC PR coup. Get another club to unveil your coach/manager for you. Saves a bit of typing I suppose.