The Falkirk FC Thread

Looks like Aidan Nesbitt is heading your way. I still think there's possibly a good player in him rather than the sand dancer we saw this season, but I was sick of the lack of end product at Championship level and wanted him released.

A drop to League One might be exactly what he needs to kickstart his career but considering his tendency to be good at looking like he's dangerous while actually having no end product, I can't begin to imagine what watching him and Telfer in the same team will do for anyone's blood pressure.

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, hobbes said:

And if he gets it there will be loads on here complaining that we didn't get a guy they didn't want.

I’ve no idea if it’s true but it could be the reason as to why things are taking so long. Part of me thinks it would be hilarious if they have fucked up appointing Paul Sheerin as manager 😆

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

So I take it we are going back to the old Ess PeeHell again seeing as the bigger clubs are upset at us daddy teams

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57271111

But Nelms says conflicting interests between elite full-time clubs and the lower leagues could force change.

"I could see that happening," he told BBC Scotland.

"There was a bit of a change 10 years or so ago. Since then there hasn't been a whole lot. How does it happen? I don't know. It could get ugly. You could have breakaway groups.

"If the upper tier feels so passionately about something they're trying to do and they can't do it because the lower leagues say no, then yeah I think that could happen."

Nelms pointed to disagreements around the admission of clubs' colt teams in the senior leagues as one example of differing priorities between clubs.

What a shower Dundee are. They scrape back into the top flight and as soon as they have a foot back in the door they're  threatening the clubs below them.  

15 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Looks like Aidan Nesbitt is heading your way. I still think there's possibly a good player in him rather than the sand dancer we saw this season, but I was sick of the lack of end product at Championship level and wanted him released.

A drop to League One might be exactly what he needs to kickstart his career but considering his tendency to be good at looking like he's dangerous while actually having no end product, I can't begin to imagine what watching him and Telfer in the same team will do for anyone's blood pressure.

Sand dancer is a phrase used too often and incorrectly, on this occasion 100% spot on.

The drop down may do him good, also he would be an Akeel Francis replacement so he can't be that bad.

From what's been said I can almost understand why Rawlins would reject the fan offer. 

Imagine you had made a sizaeble investment and were finally starting to get some decisions made and the board structured in the way you need it to be to get things done.  At that point, some previously unknown (to you) fans group demand you restructure that board and even have a say in the new manager appointment (before you've even had a chance to appoint your own man into that position yet).  

A few months ago Rawlins was our saviour who we all wanted to be more hands on and to use his business acumen to sort the club out.  He starts doing that and then gets asked to dilute his influence and instead be a co-partner with a fans group he knows very little about and very possibly have less experience of football club ownership than he does.  Its's not surprising if he sees this as a threat to his investment and plan for the club. 

It doesn't sound like he's refusing new investment but rather protecting his position and making sure he has a chance to do things his way before considering reducing his influence.  Is that really surprising?  

Its not great that the investment isn't happening but are the red lines the fans group have proposed realistic given Rawlins hasn't had a chance to fail yet?  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

I’m not writing off those 4 lads. But that’s 4 of exactly the same type of signing as we’ve made for the last 2 seasons - fans of other clubs saying “don’t mind seeing them go, should do a job at league 1 level”, which they inevitably don’t.

I have also now yet to see a single contribution Holt or the Rawlins contacts have made. You could’ve had any fan in Holt’s role and plucked out Nesbitt McKay Heatherington and Williamson as signings, if you had the money Holt clearly has to chuck at them (why else would they come to the shitshow, dropping down to league 1). 

Guest Peter LaFleur
9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I’m not writing off those 4 lads. But that’s 4 of exactly the same type of signing as we’ve made for the last 2 seasons - fans of other clubs saying “don’t mind seeing them go, should do a job at league 1 level”, which they inevitably don’t.

I have also now yet to see a single contribution Holt or the Rawlins contacts have made. You could’ve had any fan in Holt’s role and plucked out Nesbitt McKay Heatherington and Williamson as signings, if you had the money Holt clearly has to chuck at them (why else would they come to the shitshow, dropping down to league 1). 

Hetherington was a stand out for Alloa in recent seasons and I doubt you'll find any fan who is happy he has left. Nesbitt will be like having a fit Aidan Connolly, imo. He will hopefully do a job dropping down a level. Williamson is an upgrade on any right back we've had since Duffie who defensively is weak. He tore us a new one this season and will do us a turn in League 1. I agree with your reservations with McKay but I'm prepared to give him a chance. It's easy to be naturally pessimistic due to consistent failure but we have to back them at least to begin with.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What a shower Dundee are. They scrape back into the top flight and as soon as they have a foot back in the door they're  threatening the clubs below them.  

It also makes no sense. Top flight clubs are apparently going to break off and form their own league because we refused their colt teams? Unless they're going to admit their own colt teams to that breakaway division then they've still got the same problem of having nowhere for their colts to play. Unless he's suggesting that top flight clubs would do this to spite the rest for not giving them what they want, which is even more absurd. 

4 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Hetherington was a stand out for Alloa in recent seasons and I doubt you'll find any fan who is happy he has left. Nesbitt will be like having a fit Aidan Connolly, imo. He will hopefully do a job dropping down a level. Williamson is an upgrade on any right back we've had since Duffie who defensively is weak. He tore us a new one this season and will do us a turn in League 1. I agree with your reservations with McKay but I'm prepared to give him a chance. It's easy to be naturally pessimistic due to consistent failure but we have to back them at least to begin with.

Oh I absolutely will get behind them. Have already said in isolation Williamson is a very handy signing (better than Doyle and Mercer for sure). But I’m not convinced these are signings that justify having a sporting director on 50k or something. Would these signings have been unachievable with a *manager*? No, imo.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It also makes no sense. Top flight clubs are apparently going to break off and form their own league because we refused their colt teams? Unless they're going to admit their own colt teams to that breakaway division then they've still got the same problem of having nowhere for their colts to play. Unless he's suggesting that top flight clubs would do this to spite the rest for not giving them what they want, which is even more absurd. 

Dundee are such a shower of sycophantic c***s they'd agree to stay down if the OF wanted to replace them with one of their Colt teams.

17 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

From what's been said I can almost understand why Rawlins would reject the fan offer. 

Imagine you had made a sizaeble investment and were finally starting to get some decisions made and the board structured in the way you need it to be to get things done.  At that point, some previously unknown (to you) fans group demand you restructure that board and even have a say in the new manager appointment (before you've even had a chance to appoint your own man into that position yet).  

A few months ago Rawlins was our saviour who we all wanted to be more hands on and to use his business acumen to sort the club out.  He starts doing that and then gets asked to dilute his influence and instead be a co-partner with a fans group he knows very little about and very possibly have less experience of football club ownership than he does.  Its's not surprising if he sees this as a threat to his investment and plan for the club. 

It doesn't sound like he's refusing new investment but rather protecting his position and making sure he has a chance to do things his way before considering reducing his influence.  Is that really surprising?  

Its not great that the investment isn't happening but are the red lines the fans group have proposed realistic given Rawlins hasn't had a chance to fail yet?  

Rawlins protecting his position as you put it and the best interests of the club are by no means the same thing.

Struggling to see the downside of a grouping of 10 fans investing an initial £500,000 in the club to be honest.