The Falkirk FC Thread

So I take it we are going back to the old Ess PeeHell again seeing as the bigger clubs are upset at us daddy teams
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57271111

But Nelms says conflicting interests between elite full-time clubs and the lower leagues could force change.

"I could see that happening," he told BBC Scotland.

"There was a bit of a change 10 years or so ago. Since then there hasn't been a whole lot. How does it happen? I don't know. It could get ugly. You could have breakaway groups.

"If the upper tier feels so passionately about something they're trying to do and they can't do it because the lower leagues say no, then yeah I think that could happen."

Nelms pointed to disagreements around the admission of clubs' colt teams in the senior leagues as one example of differing priorities between clubs.

[emoji848]Let them ALL have Colt teams, & give them their own Colt Division.[emoji362]Now there's an idea.[emoji6][emoji2960]

16 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Keep refreshing the club webpage to see if anything’s been announced there’s only so much you can look at Mark Durnan Departs before you get fed up 

Oh I am not so sure. Can’t remember the last time an arrival was met with more joy than a departure.

13 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Don’t be giving them ideas! They’d love that. ‘No looking back’, ‘the new chapter’, ‘keep moving forward’ or some other shite like that. Can see it now. 

Can I get a job in PR with the club ?  :)

15 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Don’t be giving them ideas! They’d love that. ‘No looking back’, ‘the new chapter’, ‘keep moving forward’ or some other shite like that. Can see it now. 

Now is the winter of our discontent.

Just now, fuzzydunlop said:

surely the old Tommy Boy film tagline would work ?

"if at first you don't succeed, lower your standards" 

Love it.

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

League Cup first round draw today at 1pm.

Essentially the same seeded and unseeded sides as last season with Dundee and Hearts being in the other section

We’re unseeded 

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

League Cup first round draw today at 1pm.

Essentially the same seeded and unseeded sides as last season with Dundee and Hearts being in the other section

How about this? The club can claim its coming our way tomorrow, and we can choose to be seeded or unseeded.

728A7AA1-FEBE-4ED6-9C01-2AE707ABBDD1.jpeg

Guest Caractacus Potts

Falkirk- he who controls the past, controls the future.

Edited by Caractacus Potts

And if he gets it there will be loads on here complaining that we didn't get a guy they didn't want.

Read somewhere on Twitter that Sheerin was interviewed for the Inverness job earlier in the week [emoji23][emoji2357]

Guest Caractacus Potts
18 minutes ago, hobbes said:

And if he gets it there will be loads on here complaining that we didn't get a guy they didn't want.

You’ll get some on here that defend the board at all costs. Pals in the boardroom I suspect!

If the board can’t even get Paul Sheerin over the line then that’s worthy of complaining is it not? Particularly when we’ve already been rebuked by Neil McCann and Brian Rice. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts