The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Only time will tell I suppose, although I am slightly less convinced now that he is a “goodie” than I was before. One thing is sure he isn’t as keen on genuine productive fan involvement and investment as he initially led us to believe. 

Exactly there's something strange going on behind the scenes. Guy bonnar an associate of Rawlins has suddenly acquired 60k shares but for what reason is entirely unclear at the moment.  Certainly the fans need to be aware of what's happening just now before it's too late.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Only time will tell I suppose, although I am slightly less convinced now that he is a “goodie” than I was before. One thing is sure he isn’t as keen on genuine productive fan involvement and investment as he initially led us to believe. 

The thing about that though is he will have GD briefing him up on the fanbase so other than the BoD word what else has Rawlins to go on. 

5 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Every one to their own.....

Aye, freedom to make your decisions. To spend your money as you see fit. To not continue to fund a business whose proprietors actively despise you. It will never catch on. Just keeping ponying up the dough and clapping away regardless. How's that been working out for us recently would you say?

You've been peddling this "Aren't Gary Deans and this board absolutely wonderful, such a refreshing change from the utter shit show of the past decade" myth/lie/delusion/utter fantasy for months and months and months. Consequently your credibility on the ownership and running of the club is absolutely zero. Zero.

I’ve said previously that I don’t have much confidence in Gary Deans but Phil and Carrie Rawlins are experienced businesspeople with a proven track record and I think we need to trust them until proven otherwise.

I would like to see some form of fan involvement (rather than fan ownership) in the running of the club but this should be in a way that engages as many fans as possible.

I would also like to see more communication coming from them though on what their plans are for next season and beyond. 

16 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

He/ Rawlings  needs to be assured of control over certain aspects of  running the club or at least significant interest in determining what players run through the club - unless a decent proportion of them are  from his “agency “ then there was no point in him investing in the first place . 
im ok with his plan as long as we get a better team on the park as a result but he’s an investor for a reason not a benefactor for the sake of it . He simply cannot afford to have fans controlling decisions or challenging his  views . Lip service maybe but real control would be a no no . Remember he and Chesty Morgan are pretty smart movers and shakers and in all honesty  make all of our board  seem like relative  half wits . ( To have entertained the taxi driver for so long I can only assume they are) 
We are where we are we need to support them in the short term and see where all this takes us . At least there is a plan and it needs us to be in the premiership to come to fruition - I’m okay with that for now ! 

Agree with the point above regarding fan involvement and in a way that includes all fans. 

I can imagine there’s also a fair few of these fans with deeper pockets than the rest of us who have their own agenda in mind. 

The club is still a joke and appointing Paul Sheerin might be the right move but it far from solves the issue. 

10 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

He/ Rawlings  needs to be assured of control over certain aspects of  running the club or at least significant interest in determining what players run through the club - unless a decent proportion of them are  from his “agency “ then there was no point in him investing in the first place . 
im ok with his plan as long as we get a better team on the park as a result but he’s an investor for a reason not a benefactor for the sake of it . He simply cannot afford to have fans controlling decisions or challenging his  views . Lip service maybe but real control would be a no no . Remember he and Chesty Morgan are pretty smart movers and shakers and in all honesty  make all of our board  seem like relative  half wits . ( To have entertained the taxi driver for so long I can only assume they are) 
We are where we are we need to support them in the short term and see where all this takes us . At least there is a plan and it needs us to be in the premiership to come to fruition - I’m okay with that for now ! 

I'd be more worried at the substantial hole we currently have in our budget which sees Rawlins and deans desperate to get the cash off these guys but not desperate enough it would seem to give them any say in the running of the club.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

45 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly there's something strange going on behind the scenes. Guy bonnar an associate of Rawlins has suddenly acquired 60k shares but for what reason is entirely unclear at the moment.  Certainly the fans need to be aware of what's happening just now before it's too late.

Looks like it could be John Bonner, perhaps? A quick google search links this fellow Midlander to being close with Phil Rawlins at Orlando City. As you say, unclear for now but if true, the fans should be aware of what’s going on.

43 minutes ago, AGPar said:

You've been peddling this "Aren't Gary Deans and this board absolutely wonderful, such a refreshing change from the utter shit show of the past decade" myth/lie/delusion/utter fantasy for months and months and months. Consequently your credibility on the ownership and running of the club is absolutely zero. Zero.

👏 👏 👏 

58 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Are you happy to continue funding what we've been subjected to for the last 10+ years?

Agree with your analysis but what’s the alternative?

The last thing I want is to see the club die, so I’ll just continue to pay my money and live in hope.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They want fan investment through ST money but not to have fans invest and have any say in the running of the club. Time for all fans to let them know how we feel and not give the c***s a penny.

No season ticket for me despite who they appoint as coach. 

4 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Because it all just happened yesterday.

I heard it... looks like others have heard the exact same thing form their sources.  Far too much of a coincidence and pretty much the same detail given on here that I heard too, to not believe it. 

As an aside to another post on here.....it would make sense for the investors to make public what happened. However, they may have other ideas what to say, as well as how and when to do it.

Yip the Penny has finally dropped to that MSG and the puppets they have appointed that the Rawlings have got significant control on the cheap. No surprise they were outwitted 

58 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd be more worried at the substantial hole we currently have in our budget which sees Rawlins and deans desperate to get the cash off these guys but not desperate enough it would seem to give them any say in the running of the club.

Twist or stick time for Rawlings if he doesn’t fund our rise up the leagues then he’s as good as lost his investment- but to him it’s absolute buttons so could be interesting ! 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He’s the solicitor / friend who runs the agency side - to be fair Rawlings only kept this aspect of his plan quiet he screwed down the deal to take the share in the club .After that he told us in his “ walking down hope street podcast / interview what his plan was. 

Edited by Stainrod
Error