The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Genuine question here but if we are successful on the park and things do  genuinely look up(i know its a big ask but we can dream)  would it matter what happened in the background.

i.e. no Mark Campbells lurking about in the background to take over but the past few pages all i have seen at the end of each post is worrying times and the so called in the know posters  (with exception of a couple) all seem to be single digit or very early double digit posters telling us what is going on behind the scenes

Unfortunately we are not a diddy wee amateur team that has just been formed and want to play football with our mates.

The governance of our club will play a huge role in how we progress in the future. A good example is Fulston..... we won the league with him but it came crashing down very quicky with Back the Bairns stepping in to keep the club running.

Yep... great football is probably 100% of fans priority...... but for some, particularly those who have lived through the Deans and Fulston times,  the way our club is run and it's future wellbeing is also is very important.

If we are successful on the park most of the happy clappers will not bother what is happening behind the scenes but the disease is still there just in remission. They need to gtf let's not forget it's their fault we are in the state we are. As long as there is disconnect between the club and fans on  this club won't be a success unless we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. 

22 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

With regards to the proposed buy in the ITK info is all of a similar content and not random speculation.

The lad who told me what is happening is genuinely very much involved and not a spinner of fairy tales.

Really not looking good.

Fair enough. Wasn’t claiming any info was false, simply just never seen this many before. Very worrying indeed the information thats been spread so far.

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Genuine question here but if we are successful on the park and things do  genuinely look up(i know its a big ask but we can dream)  would it matter what happened in the background.

i.e. no Mark Campbells lurking about in the background to take over but the past few pages all i have seen at the end of each post is worrying times and the so called in the know posters  (with exception of a couple) all seem to be single digit or very early double digit posters telling us what is going on behind the scenes

In the immediate few years? Yes it would matter. Until we are at least battling for promotion back to the premiership, we are grossly under performing as a result of decisions taken in the background. 

Just now, ShaggerG said:

I assume he's pish?

He’s a right back but he’s much better at centre half.  Even then he’s not got enough for the Championship. League One is probably his limit ability wise. He’s better than Durnan.

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Why do we only ever hear of these rather shocking and damning things days or weeks after they happen, on Pie and B from second hand accounts?

Why don’t the fans group who’s money seems to have been flat out rejected come together and release an official statement? That isn’t a criticism of them, just a “why doesn’t it happen?” query. 

For me these allegations are something our whole support should be aware of. Instead it’s confined to the 5% of the support who read Pie and B. If we want real change more people must know. 

I did mention this about 20 pages back but everyone was far more interested in chatting about whether or not we should be charging boys to come on trial or not.

These are incredibly worrying times for the club.  We are being run by complete numpties backed by some punter we don't know from Adam who is now running the club like it's his. Anyone with the club at heart would not have any issues with local fans investing decent money and gaining proper influence on the board. However, they are not going to invest if they are going to be continually out voted by Deans's cabal who have invested the square root of hee haw.  Yes this group wanted influence on the new manager selection but that's because there are individuals with a long history of football in this group. It's not just punters who think they know it all after years of playing football manager.

It's very much looking like the only way forward is to starve these people out our club.  There is no plan b if we want to see a bright future without deans, Holt and the rest of these charlatans.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I did mention this about 20 pages back but everyone was far more interested in chatting about whether or not we should be charging boys to come on trial or not.

These are incredibly worrying times for the club.  We are being run by complete numpties backed by some punter we don't know from Adam who is now running the club like it's his. Anyone with the club at heart would not have any issues with local fans investing decent money and gaining proper influence on the board. However, they are not going to invest if they are going to be continually out voted by Deans's cabal who have invested the square root of hee haw.  Yes this group wanted influence on the new manager selection but that's because there are individuals with a long history of football in this group. It's not just punters who think they know it all after years of playing football manager.

It's very much looking like the only way forward is to starve these people out our club.  There is no plan b if we want to see a bright future without deans, Holt and the rest of these charlatans.

Brilliant post. 

I honestly think its more down to stubbornness that SA and MR wont f**k off from the club. As mentioned its probably a good thing fans dont pick managers but the same time the amount of times SA and MR have called it wrong defies belief. Lang doing CC bidding and trying to justify the axing of the academy and LM trying to f**k the Rawlings offer up and sell his shares to At and Gowser and bring back Lang into the fold just typing that ;last bit  answered my own question.

Whilst i dont think they are as bad as Deans and Fulston they are every bit as culpable of the demise with them being 2 stubborn auld b*stards who want the plaudits when it goes right (been a while since that happened) but take f**k all blame when it goes pear shaped.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They want fan investment through ST money but not to have fans invest and have any say in the running of the club. Time for all fans to let them know how we feel and not give the c***s a penny.

Aye, you're right, but you'll hear the happy clappers, "doing that just hurts the club". How more hurt can we be, we're in the 3rd tier FFS.

14 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I honestly think its more down to stubbornness that SA and MR wont f**k off from the club. As mentioned its probably a good thing fans dont pick managers but the same time the amount of times SA and MR have called it wrong defies belief. Lang doing CC bidding and trying to justify the axing of the academy and LM trying to f**k the Rawlings offer up and sell his shares to At and Gowser and bring back Lang into the fold just typing that ;last bit  answered my own question.

Whilst i dont think they are as bad as Deans and Fulston they are every bit as culpable of the demise with them being 2 stubborn auld b*stards who want the plaudits when it goes right (been a while since that happened) but take f**k all blame when it goes pear shaped.

Regarding the recent collapse of the proposed investment from a consortium of fans SA and MR were both happy to dilute and donate they’re shareholding to allow the group to take a 26% holding therefore matching the share of the club the Rawlins own.They were happy to step aside for the right investor(s) and are not the problem, they weren’t involved in any negations other than allowing they’re large joint shareholding to be used for the sale, things broke down because the BOD headed up by the Rawlins wouldn’t bend with regards to a few of the red lines the group had regarding the running of the club, structure of the board and the process of appointing a new manager. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Someone catch me up... Is Rawlins a baddie now?

Because AH'LL TELL YE THIS....

If Lex Miller turns out to be the goody that tried to warn us about all of this, I will be demanding that the hidden cameras come out and get a stop put to this fucked up matrix style existence

14 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The problem is SA and MR can't bugger off from the club if the BoD won't let them sell their shares.

There is a good argument that they have been part of the problem in the past..... but not at the moment !

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Someone catch me up... Is Rawlins a baddie now?

Because AH'LL TELL YE THIS....

If Lex Miller turns out to be the goody that tried to warn us about all of this, I will be demanding that the hidden cameras come out and get a stop put to this fucked up matrix style existence

Only time will tell I suppose, although I am slightly less convinced now that he is a “goodie” than I was before. One thing is sure he isn’t as keen on genuine productive fan involvement and investment as he initially led us to believe.