The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

In the same way you’re not prepared to give Latapy even an ounce of credit for his involvement at Inverness, I’m not prepared to dismiss it and give Hughes full credit. Now with all due respect, I genuinely have no interest in discussing this any further.

Chewin' the Fat ~ Everything You Need to Know with Photos | Videos

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
19 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:
Not just a rumour, all true. The group were investing as a block and had an agreement to take (26%) however walked away after most of they’re requests including the restructuring of the current BOD and having some form of involment in the process of selecting the new manager we’re stonewalled.  The club seem to want investment but don’t want the fans investing to have any say on how the investment is spent. The one slight bonus is both SA and MR were happy to dilute and donate there shareholding massively to allow the investment to happen, it’s not them that were the issue. 

Have to forgive my ignorance of business here.... Whats stopping them from donating/selling their holdings to the fnas group and the fans group then forcing their way to a position of influence accordingly?

They cant sell without the Boards permission. There are legal situations regarding donating. The Board and Rawlins basically do not want anyone that can answer back or to have potential power within the club and therefore are effectively blocking the sale.

Guest Peter LaFleur
21 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Not just a rumour, all true. The group were investing as a block and had an agreement to take (26%) however walked away after most of they’re requests including the restructuring of the current BOD and having some form of involment in the process of selecting the new manager were stonewalled.  The club seem to want investment but don’t want the fans investing to have any say on how that investment is then spent and managed. The one slight bonus is both SA and MR were happy to dilute and donate they’re own shareholding massively to allow the investment to happen, it’s not them that were the issue. 

Thanks for the factual update. That’s really gutting to read. Were the BoD open to the fans involvement for managerial selection at all? Were the fans group suggesting any names?

Guest Caractacus Potts
15 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

A transfer of shares needs BOD approval 

So if the Rawlins control the boardroom then they can stop anyone else buying a significant shareholding? 

Not bad to have full running of a club for only the price of a house and a quarter of the overall shares! 

11 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

He doesn’t get credit because he wasn’t very good when he was with us. You’ve just taken a quick look at the results and decided it must have been down to him.

Not sure a football forum is the place for you if you are not willing to discuss football.

I have discussed it, at length, but you’re not going to change my opinion of him so there’s no point in continuing this any further.

Why do we only ever hear of these rather shocking and damning things days or weeks after they happen, on Pie and B from second hand accounts?

Why don’t the fans group who’s money seems to have been flat out rejected come together and release an official statement? That isn’t a criticism of them, just a “why doesn’t it happen?” query. 

For me these allegations are something our whole support should be aware of. Instead it’s confined to the 5% of the support who read Pie and B. If we want real change more people must know. 

24 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Not just a rumour, all true. The group were investing as a block and had an agreement to take (26%) however walked away after most of they’re requests including the restructuring of the current BOD and having some form of involment in the process of selecting the new manager were stonewalled.  The club seem to want investment but don’t want the fans investing to have any say on how that investment is then spent and managed. The one slight bonus is both SA and MR were happy to dilute and donate they’re own shareholding massively to allow the investment to happen, it’s not them that were the issue. 

Just had a chat with someone who has insight knowledge.

Apparently the letter back from the Rawlins to the guy heading up the investment, was both dismissive and patronising in the extreme. If what he says is true...the wording of the response from the Rawlins was worrying in that it was personal, vindictive and basically scalding him like a wee kid.

Worrying times ahead for our club !

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Why do we only ever hear of these rather shocking and damning things days or weeks after they happen, on Pie and B from second hand accounts?

Why don’t the fans group who’s money seems to have been flat out rejected come together and release an official statement? That isn’t a criticism of them, just a “why doesn’t it happen?” query. 

For me these allegations are something our whole support should be aware of. Instead it’s confined to the 5% of the support who read Pie and B. If we want real change more people must know. 

I think it’s a case of people not wanting to burn bridges in case of potential future investment, a lot of what was discussed was confidential. There may also be legal issues however I do agree a brief carefully worded statement wouldn’t be a bad idea. 

8 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

So if the Rawlins control the boardroom then they can stop anyone else buying a significant shareholding? 

Not bad to have full running of a club for only the price of a house and a quarter of the overall shares! 

Exactly... you have hit the nail on the head !

12 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Thanks for the factual update. That’s really gutting to read. Were the BoD open to the fans involvement for managerial selection at all? Were the fans group suggesting any names?

They were prepared to allow two members of the group to sit on the BOD however the removal of certain other board members and involvement in selecting of a new manager received a very polite “NO but can we still have your money”

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Peter LaFleur
9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Totally agree. I’d rather read that than 1047291 rumours from accounts that struggle to put a sentence together that always start with “I’ve heard...” then finish with “worrying times”. Hopefully the fans group release something official to show the board up.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Just now, GeordieBairn said:

Never seen so many ITK posts. Interesting to see how many are legit.

I think you will find they are all legit !!!  No one is goiung to admit their sources on here.... but they may want to make the concerns public.

Bottom line is that you can accept it or not.

Just now, Zbairn said:

I think you will find they are all legit !!!  No one is goiung to admit their sources on here.... but they may want to make the concerns public.

Bottom line is that you can accept it or not.

Never said they weren’t. Just appears they’ve came all at once.

10 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Just had a chat with someone who has insight knowledge.

Apparently the letter back from the Rawlins to the guy heading up the investment, was both dismissive and patronising in the extreme. If what he says is true...the wording of the response from the Rawlins was worrying in that it was personal, vindictive and basically scalding him like a wee kid.

Worrying times ahead for our club !

They weren't the only one to have had a response like that from the club recently, see the Crunchie Initiative guys.

3 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Never said they weren’t. Just appears they’ve came all at once.

Because it all just happened yesterday.

I heard it... looks like others have heard the exact same thing form their sources.  Far too much of a coincidence and pretty much the same detail given on here that I heard too, to not believe it. 

As an aside to another post on here.....it would make sense for the investors to make public what happened. However, they may have other ideas what to say, as well as how and when to do it.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, sick boy said:
Sheerin then, not overjoyed but certainly will get behind him and the team.

??

keep your twitter notifications on 👀