The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

The impact I remember him having (correct me if I’m wrong) was coming to Inverness as Hughes’ assistant a time when he was hardly setting the heather on fire. During his time at Inverness, they were beaten on penalties in the League Cup Final and finished in the top 6. The following season they finished 3rd and won the Scottish Cup. Surely he gets some sort of credit for that, no?

Hughes got us to a cup final and the top 6. Thats a bloody good season for us. Yes he struggled a bit to start with but that happens when you completely change the way the team plays. It takes time and we managed to see the results of that when we finished 3rd and won the Scottish Cup. All of the credit goes to Yogi for that not Latapy.

As I said he does not have a good reputation up here from his time at the club and he would not be a good appointment based on that.

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Why appoint one at all? Waste of a wage if you ask me and limits us in who we can bring in as a manager. If you need footballing advice then you could have spoken to Alex. 

And why appoint a Sporting Director who’s got less than 4 years managerial experience. As I mentioned earlier, I can see it worked well for Killie. 

Depends on the job description and the demarcation lines between the DoF & Manager/Coach. Should be Manager /HR relationship.

Just like in Business a manager wants an employee with a certain skill set and may even mention some individuals that would fit the bill. HR then take it for there and present to the manager who they have on the short list after 1st interviews.

Manager then gets involved  on final selection then leaves terms and conditions to HR.

Same goes for DoF and the youth set and be a facilitator and link to ensure scouting, youth set up, 1st team squad work together for a common goal.

If DoF is not based along that line then as suspected with Holt he is a disruptive influence.

3 hours ago, Zbairn said:

While we are on the rumour mill...... heard another belter !

The BoD and Rawlin's rejected an offer from some local businessmen to take a £600k stake in the club. Apparently the sticking point was that certain members of the Board didn't want to lose their blazers and Rawlins supported that.  

Heard this as well, apparently Mrs Rawlins is a real charmer...

14 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Hughes got us to a cup final and the top 6. Thats a bloody good season for us. Yes he struggled a bit to start with but that happens when you completely change the way the team plays. It takes time and we managed to see the results of that when we finished 3rd and won the Scottish Cup. All of the credit goes to Yogi for that not Latapy.

As I said he does not have a good reputation up here from his time at the club and he would not be a good appointment based on that.

19111D2A-5EBE-45FB-9A43-53222C77034C.gif

On more than one occasion over the past few years the board have stymied attempts by fans to invest sizable amounts into the club.  The club is now all-in on the Rawlins.  If they turn out to be chancers or merely just get bored and neglectful, then the club is even more screwed than it currently seems to be.  If anyone believes that Deans or any of the non-execs have any meaningful influence or the ability to act as providers of checks and balances (even if they wanted to) then they are utterly deluded.  

Edited by joozy

3 hours ago, Zbairn said:

While we are on the rumour mill...... heard another belter !

The BoD and Rawlin's rejected an offer from some local businessmen to take a £600k stake in the club. Apparently the sticking point was that certain members of the Board didn't want to lose their blazers and Rawlins supported that.  

Not just a rumour, all true. The group were investing as a block and had an agreement to take (26%) however walked away after most of they’re requests including the restructuring of the current BOD and having some form of involment in the process of selecting the new manager were stonewalled.  The club seem to want investment but don’t want the fans investing to have any say on how that investment is then spent and managed. The one slight bonus is both SA and MR were happy to dilute and donate they’re own shareholding massively to allow the investment to happen, it’s not them that were the issue. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Not just a rumour, all true. The group were investing as a block and had an agreement to take (26%) however walked away after most of they’re requests including the restructuring of the current BOD and having some form of involment in the process of selecting the new manager we’re stonewalled.  The club seem to want investment but don’t want the fans investing to have any say on how the investment is spent. The one slight bonus is both SA and MR were happy to dilute and donate there shareholding massively to allow the investment to happen, it’s not them that were the issue. 
Have to forgive my ignorance of business here.... Whats stopping them from donating/selling their holdings to the fnas group and the fans group then forcing their way to a position of influence accordingly?

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Not just a rumour, all true. The group were investing as a block and had an agreement to take (26%) however walked away after most of they’re requests including the restructuring of the current BOD and having some form of involment in the process of selecting the new manager we’re stonewalled.  The club seem to want investment but don’t want the fans investing to have any say on how the investment is spent. The one slight bonus is both SA and MR were happy to dilute and donate there shareholding massively to allow the investment to happen, it’s not them that were the issue. 

£600k...the single largest investment in the Clubs history but God forbid these people should have a meaningful say in how it’s ran. Fans really need to open their eyes to what’s going on at this Club.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Have to forgive my ignorance of business here.... Whats stopping them from donating/selling their holdings to the fnas group and the fans group then forcing their way to a position of influence accordingly?

I believe any shareholder selling their shares have to get BoD approval.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

A transfer of shares needs BOD approval 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

How much managerial experience does Ross Wilson have? Being a manager previously has absolutely nothing to do with being a successful sporting director. 

Ross Wilson had far more experience in the role he finds himself in this Gary Holt. Ross Wilson is also not appointing the Rangers manager. Gary Holt was the one taking applications for the Falkirk job ergo the new manager will have to be comfortable working under Holt. That’s where his managerial experience comes in to question. Ross Wilson is not advising Steven Gerrard. 

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

Right, so it’s not possible for people to get better at their jobs the longer they have been in that role?

In the same way you’re not prepared to give Latapy even an ounce of credit for his involvement at Inverness, I’m not prepared to dismiss it and give Hughes full credit. Now with all due respect, I genuinely have no interest in discussing this any further.

1 minute ago, MSG GTF! said:

In the same way you’re not prepared to give Latapy even an ounce of credit for his involvement at Inverness, I’m not prepared to dismiss it and give Hughes full credit. Now with all due respect, I genuinely have no interest in discussing this any further.

He doesn’t get credit because he wasn’t very good when he was with us. You’ve just taken a quick look at the results and decided it must have been down to him.

Not sure a football forum is the place for you if you are not willing to discuss football.