The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, bairn88 said:

Have they been announced? Have they actually signed yet? 
It is literally Holt’s job description to identify players and recommend them to the first team coach. From what I can see that’s all he’s done so far. 

Not at all what I've heard.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not at all what I've heard.

Aye, and someone else with a top notch source has probably heard the exact opposite. You’re all full of shite. Bring back One F and the reliable itkers like Willie Gibson 

Just now, bairn88 said:

Aye, and someone else with a top notch source has probably heard the exact opposite. You’re all full of shite. Bring back One F and the reliable itkers like Willie Gibson 

My source has never let me down so far.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

f**k me. I thought I was as cynical as they come. Give the bloke a chance. 

He's not got a chance though. He's basically coming in with one possibly two hands tied behind his back trying to make a silk purse out a pigs ear. I'm not blaming the bloke it's the arseholes above him. They need to get rid of Holt and get away from the head coach pish. It's wordplay for your getting the blame first.. 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

Suddenly every c***s got a source but no c**t actually knows what’s going on 👍🏻😴

I've got a source that tells me we are more likely as not to be utterly fucking dugmeat next season.

That source is everyone who has watched us at any point since summer 2018

5 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

So Sheerin is a poor choice but Russell Latapy would be an outstanding candidate? Someone needs to talk me through that one 😆

He was an amazing player so surely he's an amazing coach, I believe is the idiotic thesis. Just because he was an exciting player doesn't mean he's a good appointment.

As someone else has said of the names mentioned and baring in mind where we are as a club Paul Sheerin seems to be one of the better options. Then again I wanted Hartley and I wasn't really complaining when Mckinnon got the job so my opinion is invalid.

On this occassion and with the names mentioned I'd have been happy with Peter Grant, Stuart Taylor or Paul Sheerin. Mcintyre's been around the blok and proved himself useless, Rice you only have to look how Hamilton fans talk about him, Rae & Mccann are bawbag sevconians and Darren Young & Ian Murray don't appeal to me in the slightest.

11 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Sean Crichton leaving Airdrie for a new challenge. Would you take him at CB? Always stood out against us but then so did Chris Smith and look how that turned out. 

Yes, especially if Dixon's scunnert with his injury he picked up last season.

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I've got a source that tells me we are more likely as not to be utterly fucking dugmeat next season.

That source is everyone who has watched us at any point since summer 2018

^ This, pretty much.

Anyone who believes those in charge have now suddenly stumbled on a winning formula really hasnt been paying any attention. Possibly since 2010 or so.

That Holt first appeared as DoF around the time results nosedived may well be coincidence, but the shit awful performances under his charge in the run in should have been enough to see him torpedoed. Can anyone imagine performances like that under Alex Smith for example?

I already cant wait for next season to end. And Im an optimist

Thing is, Holt is not a DoF. He is Sporting Director which he has been at pains to point out is an infrastructure building job, not a footballing one. Interestingly, he is now involved in the process of selecting our next head coach. Something he has never done before. Just like everyone else at the club.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

He was an amazing player so surely he's an amazing coach, I believe is the idiotic thesis. Just because he was an exciting player doesn't mean he's a good appointment.

Not sure who’s thesis that is but it’s certainly not mine.

Remind me again on what planet Paul Sheerin is any less “idiotic” an option than Latapy?

Edited by MSG GTF!

4 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Kilmarnock had someone in a similar position, with similar management experience in James Fowler. First time out the top flight in 28 years. 

Dundee meanwhile have Gordon Strachan. 

We had Alex Totten at the club, let him walk and brought in Gary Holt to give us the benefit of his footballing/managerial experience. 

Strangely Holt had a better win ratio managing us than most others since . I’m not a fan but statistically he did pretty well. Going forward 
I guess his sporting director role will involve assessing new signing targets/ He will be judged on this aspect pretty soon and if the signings are poor he will fall on his sword . I’m hoping for the best and expecting the worst - bit like Leicester fans a few years back . 

5 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Dundee meanwhile have Gordon Strachan. 

FWIW, Strachan isn't our Director of Football (we don't have one AFAIK), and is instead is our 'Technical Director', with a large focus on overseeing the Youth Academy, along with providing an advisory role to the manager when required.

I'm aware this has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion regarding the viability of a DoF for a team, but we're not one of them.

Guest Peter LaFleur
7 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yes, especially if Dixon's scunnert with his injury he picked up last season.

He’s away to Stenny if rumours on here are correct! I’d take one of Airdrie's starting centre backs in Fordyce or Kerr however. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Have Stenny had the wind put up them by Brechins relegation?

They're making heavy moves in the transfer market already (relatively speaking).

They released like 17 players so they'll have plenty of budget to play with just now. 

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

He’s away to Stenny if rumours on here are correct! I’d take one of Airdrie's starting centre backs in Fordyce or Kerr however. 

Kerr's still only 23 so if they've offered him a new deal then we'd have to pay compensation which isn't going to happen.