The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur

Good god in Govan, what is this pollution I'm reading from Zbairn and MSG GTF?

(Disclaimer: Not disagreeing/agreeing with the general sentiment - just the 15 year old school girl posting style).

Edited by Peter LaFleur

40 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I would love to know who the posters on here are that are linked to board members. Certainly recently there are a lot of new posters giving the impression they are itk.

Certainly looks like a propaganda battle being fought between 2 sides on here over the last month or so. 

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

I believe this but also it drives me mental, the players were an absolute disgrace and you can only blame the management so much for that.

Downed tools as they weren’t just playing head tennis anymore I heard.

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

A coach coaches, a manager manages. If the guy who picks and puts the team on the park can’t manage, he is as useful as a chocolate teapot. 

Well yes, obviously. He's the Aberdeen reserves manager and has managed Arbroath in the past. I'm perfectly willing to give him a chance to prove that he can manage the players as well as coach them.

He won't have any other management responsibilities though like a 'normal' football manager would have.

18 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Remember we announced his signing 2nd season round by getting fans to call the club shop and it was a voice record of Rogers singing the Eminem classic “Without Me” which includes the lyrics of guess who’s back? Simpler times.

I was at an owl sanctuary when that happened, your damn right I phoned.

29 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Christ on a bike!🤣 That's almost exactly a 200% book on the first ten on the list😂.

Come back, Powderhall dogs! All is forgiven!

Shout out to McBookie for reinforcing negative stereotypes🙄.

Is he here yet?

On Williamson I think he's a good signing for us as he can overlap and has shown against us in the games last season he can create chances. Should hopefully free up Morrison if he's still with us next season.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sheerin or whoever it is does it really matter when Holt is heading up recruitment. God knows what kind of dross we'll sign up. Worrying times.

They will be coming from Rawlins sports management company as that has been suggested that's why they are involved. If not then then its bullshit as many suspect.

Club structure and recruitment policy will be clear by kick off to new season

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Is he here yet?

On Williamson I think he's a good signing for us as he can overlap and has shown against us in the games last season he can create chances. Should hopefully free up Morrison if he's still with us next season.

Agree. Will be the best right back we’ve had since Kieran duffie if he has indeed signed. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Sheerin's got no chance, has he?

Can’t see many people having an issue with Sheerin on a personal level. He’s far from my first choice, and I don’t think it’s the sort of appointment the Club needed to make at this particular time, but it’s not his fault he’s being appointed. He’ll be the least of our worries.

Edited by MSG GTF!

16 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Rogers would surely be expecting to go to someone as first choice. He's a good shot stopper but he's had a few absolute howlers this season, which we have already in Mutch. We need a goalkeeping coach so it would probably be a better option bringing in an older experienced player that can coach and play. Should also have a development keeper or two. 

Hopefully Sheerin's got good connections so we can bring in a few decent prospects on loan to give us some energy. Also if he's announced tomorrow we should surely have some signing announcements later this week with Holt having supposedly done a few pre contracts. 

Alan Combe likely goalkeeping coach. Already had the discussion with Holt. Should have kept young keeper from last season for development team. Not sure how good bad or indifferent he was as he never played.

6 hours ago, mb1876 said:

Who the bloody hell is Gary Jardine ? 

Gary Jardine is as latapythelegend alluded to, currently manager at Civil service strollers in the lowland league.

He used to be manager at Edinburgh city and got them into league 2. He also doubles up assisting Hibs youth teams as a coach. Overall a good coach and good guy who eats, sleeps an breathes football.