The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

True, but as I say, no matter how cynical I get, I just can’t keep up. On Spin 101, I know I am correct on that one. It’s an easy play to make, they have used it successfully before, and they are using it again.

Well, at least you admit it. Apologies also for forgetting to add 'auld' the first time! :P

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

So he was made Ambassador in October and leaves in April because 6 months on he considers himself now too old to continue in the role? Makes sense. 

He's to continue in the role of club ambassador. 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Also hearing Holt is a meddling c**t! Miller and McCracken weren’t up to the job but they had absolutely not chance with Holt there. I was told the players completely downed tools with Holt kicking around! 

I believe this but also it drives me mental, the players were an absolute disgrace and you can only blame the management so much for that.

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I believe this but also it drives me mental, the players were an absolute disgrace and you can only blame the management so much for that.

I agree I’m in no way defending the players. Any player who downs tools should be sacked immediately!

Guest Caractacus Potts
22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

He's to continue in the role of club ambassador. 

Left his role at the club. Just seems odd timing but I could be mistaken. Plenty of posters suggesting otherwise though. 

50 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, at least you admit it. Apologies also for forgetting to add 'auld' the first time! :P

I know you’ll never catch up, but looking at my R, you are all getting there.....

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I would love to know who the posters on here are that are linked to board members. Certainly recently there are a lot of new posters giving the impression they are itk.

Fly my little crows, fly and spread the word. 😂

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I would love to know who the posters on here are that are linked to board members. Certainly recently there are a lot of new posters giving the impression they are itk.

Probably Corrzo. Ticket office manager, tactician, head scout and now undercover FFC KBG officer.

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Spin 101*: The support aren’t going to be best pleased, so get a few hated names out there. The relief when it’s none of the bogey men will be so strong, our actual choice of coach will be looked on as being a real positive.

*Last deployed to great effect when the punters were buzzing for the Patrons group. They roll out the bogey man Mark Campbell, and that’s now the focus. The Board rejecting the Patrons outright wouldn’t been good PR.

So the end game saw huge relief that Campbell didn’t get control of the club, not the anger of the support for rejecting the Patrons. A few comments here and there from Board gofurs, and job done.

They are using exactly the same tactic today. No anger if it’s Sheerin, just relief that’s it’s not Alex Rae.

Heard that the current BoD’s might using the same tactic with another new fans group and rejecting the possibility of serious cash, so that they can keep their blazers.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

As has been said multiple times, we're recruiting a coach, not a manager. As far as I'm aware Sheerin (if it is indeed him) has a very good reputation as a coach so, as long as the set-up with Holt works and he's left alone to actually coach the players, the club may just have played a blinder.

Whatever, we've got to give the guy a chance.

A coach coaches, a manager manages. If the guy who picks and puts the team on the park can’t manage, he is as useful as a chocolate teapot. 

5 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Heard that the current BoD’s might using the same tactic with another new fans group and rejecting the possibility of serious cash, so that they can keep their blazers.

Not what Bantabairn has heard. Suggest you check your source 🥴

2 hours ago, Sydney Puddefoot said:

Wonder if the BoD are leaking out names to then gauge reaction and then plan to take the path of least resistance, there are folks mentioned that in my opinion should not be near the job, but given where we find ourselves now the pool of genuinely  worthy candidates is a bit lacking in depth, looks like Paul " Sheep" Sheerin, (see whit ah did there?), might be our only option.

It’s what politicians do and we have a director with a degree in politics on the board so you might be right. We really aren’t in the best position nowadays to pick and choose unfortunately no matter what some of our fans think. That ship sailed a few seasons ago.

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Do you ever wonder why Alex Totten left after recently being announced as Club ambassador? 

Do you ever wonder why Bryan Flynn called for Deans to resign? The two statements are pretty much related !

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

It’s what politicians do and we have a director with a degree in politics on the board so you might be right. We really aren’t in the best position nowadays to pick and choose unfortunately no matter what some of our fans think. That ship sailed a few seasons ago.

My lad has a double degree in politics and in finance. Can he get a seat on the Board, as he would do a far better job than anyone there at the moment?