The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I actually like the idea of Sheerin. Even more so when you see all the other absolute has beens and duffers being mentioned. 

That’s how I feel. Seeing Alex Rae’s name being banded about makes me feel thankful it will be Sheerin! Hopefully Holt doesn’t interfere too much and they all work together the way they should! 

25 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Sheerin doesn't fill me with overwhelming excitement,  but when you look at some of the names being quoted he would be a bit more acceptable and at least I wouldn't hate him from day 1.

Spin 101*: The support aren’t going to be best pleased, so get a few hated names out there. The relief when it’s none of the bogey men will be so strong, our actual choice of coach will be looked on as being a real positive.

*Last deployed to great effect when the punters were buzzing for the Patrons group. They roll out the bogey man Mark Campbell, and that’s now the focus. The Board rejecting the Patrons outright wouldn’t been good PR.

So the end game saw huge relief that Campbell didn’t get control of the club, not the anger of the support for rejecting the Patrons. A few comments here and there from Board gofurs, and job done.

They are using exactly the same tactic today. No anger if it’s Sheerin, just relief that’s it’s not Alex Rae.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Guest Peter LaFleur

Ross County taking one for the team by removing the racist bellend Malky McKay from the market.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Buzzing for the Facebook da’s to start cracking Ed Sheerin jokes. Bound to be belters.

You just know there’s going to be a post like “We should have went for his brother Ed! [emoji23]”

Can’t wait!

4 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:
25 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:
Buzzing for the Facebook da’s to start cracking Ed Sheerin jokes. Bound to be belters.

I'm looking forward to the first defeat, SheerOUT!

Class A team? Mare like shite B team amarite lads hahavdbskdkdkdl

15276967.jpg.868e2e8b77607af9cf34b1a63ebe734e.jpg

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

"I've been thinking out loud about how to sum up our performances!"

13 likes, 4 "laugh" reactions, all from late-middle-aged men who think we'd be Champions of Europe if we played a 4-4-2

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

"I've been thinking out loud about how to sum up our performances!"

13 likes, 4 "laugh" reactions, all from late-middle-aged men who think we'd be Champions of Europe if we played a 4-4-2

But the big question is has he been scouting the juniors 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Spin 101*: The support aren’t going to be best pleased, so get a few hated names out there. The relief when it’s none of the bogey men will be so strong, our actual choice of coach will be looked on as being a real positive.

*Last deployed to great effect when the punters were buzzing for the Patrons group. They roll out the bogey man Mark Campbell, and that’s now the focus. The Board rejecting the Patrons outright wouldn’t been good PR.

So the end game saw huge relief that Campbell didn’t get control of the club, not the anger of the support for rejecting the Patrons. A few comments here and there from Board gofurs, and job done.

They are using exactly the same tactic today. No anger if it’s Sheerin, just relief that’s it’s not Alex Rae.

You will be right, political spin at its best .

To be honest I cannot think of a manager that is a realistic option that would have 100% unified the support, even Yogi would not have pleased everyone. Doesn’t matter really who they appoint, for me the big issue is they are still all in place to make the appointment. Our support won’t be united and totally behind the club until there are changes in the ownership/board structure.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

But the big question is has he been scouting the juniors 

"Just play the kids! At least they'd try!"

Conveniently forgetting that pretty much every time a youth team goes up against a well-seasoned bunch of experienced professionals they get absolutely bodied.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You're a cynical fecker! 

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

I actually like the idea of Sheerin. Even more so when you see all the other absolute has beens and duffers being mentioned. 

As has been said multiple times, we're recruiting a coach, not a manager. As far as I'm aware Sheerin (if it is indeed him) has a very good reputation as a coach so, as long as the set-up with Holt works and he's left alone to actually coach the players, the club may just have played a blinder.

Whatever, we've got to give the guy a chance.

56 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Doesn’t matter really who they appoint, for me the big issue is they are still all in place to make the appointment. Our support won’t be united and totally behind the club until there are changes in the ownership/board structure.

Nail on the head here. As totally underwhelming an appointment as Sheerin is, he won’t be the issue at the Club. The issue is with those still in power. Until there are big changes, not a penny more. Let’s not lose sight of that. 

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Sheerin doesn't fill me with overwhelming excitement,  but when you look at some of the names being quoted he would be a bit more acceptable and at least I wouldn't hate him from day 1.

Agreed,  not  really what we needed or wanted , made harder/easier depending on the type of player Holt brings in for him to try and get a tune out of. The first probably  being Williamson who by all accounts can't defend. 

56 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Agreed,  not  really what we needed or wanted , made harder/easier depending on the type of player Holt brings in for him to try and get a tune out of. The first probably  being Williamson who by all accounts can't defend. 

Williamson's a WB not a FB so would be good if we play 3 at the back. Feck knows why Holt has signed him (if he has) before knowing what type of system a new HC would play then? 

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Williamson's a WB not a FB so would be good if we play 3 at the back. Feck knows why Holt has signed him (if he has) before knowing what type of system a new HC would play then? 

Exactly, which is why Holt shouldn't be dabbling in recruitment, contracts etc. We could end up with some utter dross but it will be Sheerin in the firing line

Guest Ecosse83
14 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I’m just glad we’re not signing one from QOTS 😆