The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, mb1876 said:

It's not going to be a manager. It's going to be a coach. 

I'm going for Paul sheerin, Tony docherty and James mcdonaugh as coaches.

I actually think Sheerin could end up at ICT, being an ex player there. Location probably suit him better aswell. 

28 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I actually think Sheerin could end up at ICT, being an ex player there. Location probably suit him better aswell. 

Driving time is about the same  but that road to Inverness from Aberdeen is awful.

The names being banded about makes it clear that managing Falkirk is not the desirable job it once was. No amount of claiming otherwise

Reality check on the thinking of anybody thinking of applying: Hire and fire board. Gary Holt. Talentless squad. No youth system. Impatient fans. 

Conclusion ?  Pass Westfield humming 'Walk on bye' having seen the job is a career wrecker.

We will get a manager appropriate to our standing in the game.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The names being banded about makes it clear that managing Falkirk is not the desirable job it once was. No amount of claiming otherwise

Reality check on the thinking of anybody thinking of applying: Hire and fire board. Gary Holt. Talentless squad. No youth system. Impatient fans. 

Conclusion ?  Pass Westfield humming 'Walk on bye' having seen the job is a career wrecker.

We will get a manager appropriate to our standing in the game.

I agree, we don't have our troubles to seek. Which actually makes the continued employment of Holt all the more baffling. What self-respecting football manager/coach/whatever you want to name it is going to sign up to take charge of a team when you'll have that tit breathing down your neck? I dread to think that some half-decent folk might have been dissuaded from applying because of his presence.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Name I am hearing now is not the best, anyone else hearing the same? Not been mentioned here. Rhymes with chicken curry

Edited by sick boy

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, sick boy said:

Name I am hearing now is not the best, anyone else hearing the same? Not been mentioned here. Rhymes with chicken curry

I can't see it. He's just signed his mate Agnew at Airdrie as assistant manager/player. (Assuming you mean Murray).

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I can't see it. He's just signed his mate Agnew at Airdrie as assistant manager/player. (Assuming you mean Murray).

just seen he himself has also got an extension jesus, source said it a few hours ago, if we are not doing everything in our power to bring yogi something is wrong.

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Ian Murray would be a terrible appointment

We'd also presumably have to shell out some compo 

Only Falkirk would sign a  manager who has just signed a contract extension with his club in the same day....   Let's say a years compo and he is yours....

the name I am hearing is Stuart Kettlewell........with James McDonough ? a n option also, possibly both

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I agree, we don't have our troubles to seek. Which actually makes the continued employment of Holt all the more baffling. What self-respecting football manager/coach/whatever you want to name it is going to sign up to take charge of a team when you'll have that tit breathing down your neck? I dread to think that some half-decent folk might have been dissuaded from applying because of his presence.

Are you married?

4 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Sheerin .....announcement tomorrow!

Lets hope so its better than the names been banded about since McBookie said another name has entered the frame, also it might be the case they said that as it seems to be the worst kept secret since f**k knows when

In other news see the FH has got their headlines from Pie and Bovril

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/next-falkirk-manager-expected-to-be-named-soon-as-bookmakers-suspend-market-3249826

Edited by AL-FFC