The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

Certainly not excited bout Sheerin appointment but we really need it announced soon so we can  starting building for next season. Need to get behind whoever is appointed

6 and a half weeks til our first competitve game, never mind friendly. We have a skeleton of a squad and no backroom staff - definitely needs sorting ASAP. Also, I presume the "reserve" / U20 team we are building will be ready by next season, if we're planning on entering a league? Or is it solely friendlies they'll play? A power of work to do in the next 30 days or so. 

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

6 and a half weeks til our first competitve game, never mind friendly. We have a skeleton of a squad and no backroom staff - definitely needs sorting ASAP. Also, I presume the "reserve" / U20 team we are building will be ready by next season, if we're planning on entering a league? Or is it solely friendlies they'll play? A power of work to do in the next 30 days or so. 

It'll be friendlies according to Holt and Fegus' interview when Fergus was first appointed. CC letting the cat out the bag that Holt has signed a few on pre contracts already means as soon as the managers announced I'd imagine we'll see a few signings announced as well. Assuming Sheerin may get the final say on which ones he wants.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

If it is indeed Sheerin it'll be interesting to see who he brings in as his assistant etc.

When/if Paul Sheerin is given the Head Coach position, his assistant will be the least interesting aspect of the appointment.

Vision for the future, players on the radar, working relationship with Holt are just 3 of the topics that’ll come to the fore.

5 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

When/if Paul Sheerin is given the Head Coach position, his assistant will be the least interesting aspect of the appointment.

Vision for the future, players on the radar, working relationship with Holt are just 3 of the topics that’ll come to the fore.

Hopefully these will be addressed before any announcement is made

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

If it is indeed Sheerin it'll be interesting to see who he brings in as his assistant etc.

I’m not certain that in a director of football / head coach scenario there is room for a assistant- more likely player coach .Any ageing Aberdeen players who could do a job in league 1 in return for getting a step up on to the managerial ladder ? 

You just know we have f**ked this up Sheerin resigns from job at Aberdeen expecting to be unveiled as our new head coach only to find interviews carrying on and someone else gets announced leaving ffc with egg on its face again.

Guest Peter LaFleur

I can’t think straight right now worried sick about Stainrods £500 bet now on the ropes.

Edited by Peter LaFleur