The Falkirk FC Thread

McGhee had club captain written all over him for us. He showed up every week and never hid in a stinking team. Scored goals from full back, played left, right, CH. Never whined. Always spoke honestly in his interviews etc.

Wont hear a bad word about him tbh.

You could never fault his effort but I've seen far better centrehalfs and right backs at Falkirk over the years Was always liable to a feck up at centrehalf and as I said previously his crossing at fullback was horrific.  Was a decent finisher though so I can see how he's done well getting converted to centre midfield.  He was only 20 when he joined us so it's probably no surprise he was still a bit rough around the edges.  I don't remember anyone greeting when he left and again as I said noone would've complained if he had stayed. I'm sure Dundee will get a few bob for him though when he moves on.

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You could never fault his effort but I've seen far better centrehalfs and right backs at Falkirk over the years Was always liable to a feck up at centrehalf and as I said previously his crossing at fullback was horrific.  Was a decent finisher though so I can see how he's done well getting converted to centre midfield.  He was only 20 when he joined us so it's probably no surprise he was still a bit rough around the edges.  I don't remember anyone greeting when he left and again as I said noone would've complained if he had stayed. I'm sure Dundee will get a few bob for him though when he moves on.

I didn't want mcghee to leave or Paul Watson come to that. When you see the absolute drivel we've had to endure in their positions since they left hindsight has proved right on both counts.

5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I didn't want mcghee to leave or Paul Watson come to that. When you see the absolute drivel we've had to endure in their positions since they left hindsight has proved right on both counts.

Exactly.

Nobody was greeting when he left because we were all totally shellshocked by the horror show we had just witnessed.

He should definitely have been made an offer to stay, but he was absolutely correct to leave.

Definitely something in the Sheerin shouts, some Aberdeen ITKer confirmed that we were sniffing around a certain someone. Know nothing on when it's due to be announced but given the number of people chiming in with bits of info it wouldn't surprise me if it was very soon.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He won our PotY in that position (CH) last season. Utterly strolled it for us whatever position he's been in and been by a considerable distance, our most important player over the past 2 seasons.

Genuinely pleased for him. There is no arguing that a) he has matured into a very decent player b) he was drowning in our team because of the dross around him, and the crucial c) Dundee have found his true strength in midfield.

Seeing how he has come on from the guy being bossed by Oakley in the opening game of our season of Hartley’s Heroes, then clearly, Dundee have been good for him to the extent that our toxic Brentford model was very damaging for the guy.

Watson was a decent squad player for us, and looking back it's not surprising that he made the most starts in our most successful season (when we finished 2nd behind Sevco).

16-17 Season - 25 apps.

17-18 Season - 10 apps.

18-19 Season - 14 apps.

He left us for Dundee United so we might not have been able to compete with what they were offering anyway. I think the fact Dundee United didn't keep him on when they got promoted tells you the Championship is his level. Nothing we would've missed at the time, but given what we signed the following season and what we've got now, letting him go was obviously a big mistake 

9 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Watson was a decent squad player for us, and looking back it's not surprising that he made the most starts in our most successful season (when we finished 2nd behind Sevco).

16-17 Season - 25 apps.

17-18 Season - 10 apps.

18-19 Season - 14 apps.

He left us for Dundee United so we might not have been able to compete with what they were offering anyway. I think the fact Dundee United didn't keep him on when they got promoted tells you the Championship is his level. Nothing we would've missed at the time, but given what we signed the following season and what we've got now, letting him go was obviously a big mistake 

The biggest problem we've had these past few years, getting rid of decent players who perhaps aren't enough for a promotion push to the premiership but replacing them with inferior players. Recruitment has been an utter disaster.

Sheerin done deal would imagine that to be announced in the next 2 days. 

Peter Grant now 4/9 for the pars job after Petrie looking like a stick on fav. 
I'd have thought Petrie NOT getting the ZeroP FC job, would mean he's not interested in going FT.

Sorry, I'm trying really, really hard to be positive but I can't find the idea of Sheerin anything other than completely underwhelming. The even more cynical side of me sees it as someone Holt knows he'll be able to have influence over. I was hoping the couple of days of silence since it was suggested he was a stick-on was indicating we might be thinking again.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Definitely something in the Sheerin shouts, some Aberdeen ITKer confirmed that we were sniffing around a certain someone. Know nothing on when it's due to be announced but given the number of people chiming in with bits of info it wouldn't surprise me if it was very soon.

It was a done deal earlier in the week and I dropped my £ 490 William hill balance in at 3-1 . Get on it whilst you can 

Guest Peter LaFleur
11 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

It was a done deal earlier in the week and I dropped my £ 490 William hill balance in at 3-1 . Get on it whilst you can 

What can be the hold up with it being announced if that’s the case? Is compo due to Aberdeen?

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

What can be the hold up with it being announced if that’s the case? Is compo due to Aberdeen?

I was told they were sorting out detail with his agent so possibly compo - hope not ! 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

16-17 Season - 25 apps.

17-18 Season - 10 apps.

18-19 Season - 14 apps.

wikipedia says he scored 5 goals too in his first season at Falkirk in the championship.  probably on a par or better than this season's strikers in league 1!

42 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Throwing 500 sheets on a managerial appointment is ballsy, unless you're Gary Holt of course. Fair fucks if that comes off!