The Falkirk FC Thread

Who have we had since Yogi? May. Pressley. Holt. Houston. Hartley. McKinnon. M&M. 

Houston aside, (and being generous 6 months of Holt and 6 months of Hartley) the rest have been fucking terrible by comparison. We could do a lot worse. Some of the names mentioned before today were giving me the fear. 

24 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Why would you say this

Because it's far more realistic than him leaving a top flight club backed ridiculously well to come to us who have just finished mid table in league one. Even Hughes ain't that stupid.  

23 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Yogi or Sheerin seem to be the best bets unfortunately theres no shortage of clubs now looking for a manager.

Just had confirmation straight from the horses mouth it’s Sheerin . 
Don’t really know what to make of him but he’s definitely more of a head coach type rather than a manager in the traditional sense . Let’s all get behind him COYB 

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Americans look at every aspect of a business and what can be maximised by their investment.

Worked with them and for them its is how their minds work.

Land surrounding the stadium has big development potential and therefore the biggest return.

Time will tell !

He’s not American he’s from Stoke 

58 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Don’t really know what to make of him but he’s definitely more of a head coach type rather than a manager in the traditional sense . Let’s all get behind him COYB 

What horse are you referring to exactly?

6 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Now we all know why the horse had a long face. Ah'll get ma coat.

39 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

As said, Hughes was one of our great players and captain, enjoyed his first year as manager but then he brought in players that nearly bankrupted the club. 
I suspect the reason he’s not being kept would be a financial one and maybe as SD has noted another gig lined up. Would I take him it’s a no, rarely works out going back second time.

Not necessarily true, relegation is what nearly bankrupted us. People should remember that if Killie were relegated in 2010 instead of us, they would've faced a financial situation worse than ours. 

I'm not a huge fan of Yogi's recruitment but he is undoubtedly a fantastic manager and coach. He also get's his teams to play a good brand of football which is nice to think about considering the absolute dross hoof-ball we've endured for 3-years now. I'd be absolutely delighted to see Yogi back again!

Guest Ecosse83

Is take Hughes back no problem but I’ve also warmed to the idea of Sheerin. Seems well thought of as a coach and has experience as a coach now. Obviously still a bit of an unknown is the type of appointment I want to see if there isn’t an obvious candidate for the job!

It’s the hope that kills you 😂

Edited by Ecosse83

Yogi's had his time and his footballing mentality probably hasn't adapted since he was last at us. We all like to think of a big hard nut manager who'll come in and tell the players exactly what's what but that style of management doesn't work with modern day players anymore. I also couldn't face having to listen to his interviews again.

Yogi was one of our most successfull managers but he soiled himself with the state he left the club in his last season. He's a main part of why we were relegated the following season, leaving us with absolute has beens on a hefty wage. Yes the board should have picked a manager as opposed to Eddie May but said manager would have still had to work with the shite Hughes had left. 

As somebody has also mentioned there's no way Hughes with the ego he carries would be content with a DOF above him signing players etc.

Just now, ebobsboy said:

Yogi would want complete control on football matters he won't come to us to be dictated to by Holt, which is why we are probably going to end up with Sheerin whether we like it or not as his "lump of clay". 

I think the common problem here is that clown Holt remaining in post.

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

I think the common problem here is that clown Holt remaining in post.

Sadly aye I really don't see the need, was different when M&M were struggling and making a c**t of it but he really didn't help at all, in fact we got worse, the fact he is having an input on players is a worry. If it is Sheerin he's already going to be severely hamstrung in what he does before he's even in the door, that's if he even is any good as a coach.